GoT Season Seven | Page 52 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The audience knew before the characters. Now the characters have all of the pieces. Duh.

Those two characters already had most of the pieces, and they are stuck in a room in winterfell. It's not like anyone important knows.

I wonder about the comment that "Robert's Rebellion was a lie". I wouldn't call the Rebellion a lie, Lyanna and Rhaegar were the liars.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wonder about the comment that "Robert's Rebellion was a lie". I wouldn't call the Rebellion a lie, Lyanna and Rhaegar were the liars.

They called it this because it was framed as Rhaegar kidnapping and effectively raping Lyanna. This story must have come from Robert and crew, and appears as though it might have been propagated on purpose. If it was Robert's 'public' reason for taking the crown, then yeah, the rebellion was was a lie.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They called it this because it was framed as Rhaegar kidnapping and effectively raping Lyanna. This story must have come from Robert and crew, and appears as though it might have been propagated on purpose. If it was Robert's 'public' reason for taking the crown, then yeah, the rebellion was was a lie.

Rhaegar and Lyanna are the ones that kept their marriage a secret, including from the Targaryan allies like Dorne and Highgarden. It wouldn't have made sense for Ned's father and brother to have gone to Kings Landing to have demanded satisfaction from the Mad King over Lyanna getting married, would it?

This just proves that Robert's Rebellion could have been avoided with a Dear John letter.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, Ned should be canonized as a saint. He upheld Lyanna's deathbed wish to raise Jon as his own. The secret of Jon's origin was even kept from Caitlin, raising emotional turmoil in his marriage. He took all measures to protect the child who was the rightful heir to the Iron Throne at great personal cost. And yet, the secret comes to light when Sam & Bran connect the dots.

Reaction Score
IMG_0189.JPG

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't expect Jon to start going by his birth name. Expect Dany to die. No way she is giving in to Jon as the rightful heir, boatsecks or no boatseck. The Unsullied and Dothraki are not going to follow Jon.

The iron bank pulls it's support for Cersei at the last minute.

Jamie, is off to make Brienne proud now that Tormund is out of the picture.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Tormund really gone or they just want us to think it?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

I'm torn because I liked the character, want to see an epilogue of him and Briennes monster ginger babies but, GOT is approaching A-team levels of non-leathal damage from events that should be 100% lethal.

So expect him back. He deserves a better death anyway.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jon will now be surrounded by enemies on all sides: Cersei, Tyrion, Danny, The Night King. Makes sense to end the season with a stregthended Stark Family bond. The North may be all he has for a while next season.

The scene with Reek was nice foreshadowing as well. "You don't have to choose. You are a Greyjoy and a Stark." Substitute Targaryen for Greyjoy.....

Not sure I get this. I don't think Dany and Tyrion will oppose Jon, if anything, his parentage will cement the alliance between Stark and Targaryen. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it caused other houses to swing to support him.

Jamie is bringing news of Cersei's treachery, so they know what's coming from the south. Now we've all forgotten Dorne since the Sand Snakes were killed/captured, but they traditionally support Targaryens, right? Jon's claim to the throne is quite strong at this point, add his righteous reputation, and who left will fail to support him? I suspect that even Dany will realize he's the best king, because he doesn't want to be.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Thought the episode was great.

Except for the ice dragon and the wall coming down. Loved the dragon pit scenes. Obviously inevitable, but now that we are finally here: Whats the point of zombies? What is there motivating factor for wanting to be south of the wall? What do they need? Gold? Grain? The Iron throne? Beach front property in Dorne? They are fricking dead zombies. They dont care if they live in hovel ice shack. Food/money/power/beaches do nothing for them. Why am I supposed to care?

If I wanted to watch the walking dead, Id watch the walking dead. We dont need another crappy show about zombies that makes no sense. But I guess that is where we are now.

Screw you GOT screw you GRRM.

I watch simply for Pod C0$k jokes.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

Except for the ice dragon and the wall coming down. Loved the dragon pit scenes. Obviously inevitable, but now that we are finally here: Whats the point of zombies? What is there motivating factor for wanting to be south of the wall? What do they need? Gold? Grain? The Iron throne? Beach front property in Dorne? They are fricking dead zombies. They dont care if they live in hovel ice shack. Food/money/power/beaches do nothing for them. Why am I supposed to care?

If I wanted to watch the walking dead, Id watch the walking dead. We dont need another crappy show about zombies that makes no sense. But I guess that is where we are now.

BY tying up a few more loose ends that could have been your series finale last night.

I agree we should dispatch the night king as soon as possible. We know how this ends. Aerial Dragon duel where the Ice Dragon gets stabbed with Dragon glass and the Night King gets a taste of Longclaw. Anyone with a valerian steel sword takes out various white walkers thereby killing thousands of zombies at a clip. Little drama left there.

What's left is the outcome of the Jon revelation, does he or Dany die (there can be only one), who kills Cersei, and who does Arya kill before the show ends.

Reaction Score

Zombies gonna Zombie. Can't just stand still and do nothing, might as well head south.

Reaction Score

I think very early in the first episode next season, we see Tormund and a few other survivors making a desperate escape through the snow to get back to Winterfell. A few redshirts get picked off by the dead along the way, but Tormund makes it back. Or they could have his character dies within site of safety.

There was no mention of Gendry last night, correct? The last we saw of him was completing his ultra-marathon to Eastwatch, but I don't remember seeing him after that. They could say he died in the Wall collapse or have him pop up at Castle Black or Winterfell.

Reaction Score
I am in Canada. I just realized that HBO GO doesn't work in Canada. What am I going to do? This is awful. Pure awful.

I hope you don't mean that it's the being in Canada part that is pure awful.

If you log into your work system, if you have one, and then log into HBO Go (or anything else) from there, they assume you are where your company server is located.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Zombies gonna Zombie. Can't just stand still and do nothing, might as well head south.

Weakest plot device ever = Aimless Zombies.

Seriously people? Yes, the Zombies are "mindless", but the white walkers are not. The walkers direct the zombies, who are nothing more than a tool, a weapon. Now, why are the walkers heading the zombie army south?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Seriously people? Yes, the Zombies are "mindless", but the white walkers are not. The walkers direct the zombies, who are nothing more than a tool, a weapon. Now, why are the walkers heading the zombie army south?

For no apparent reason I can see.

Reaction Score
No. But I didnt see them burn Littlefingers body after slicing him up. Maybe next season is about Zombie littlefinger trying to scheme away the crown from the night kings head.

I'd like to see a Zombie Littlefinger start scheming and dreaming, then Lady Stoneheart comes along and kills him all over again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom