GoT Season Seven | Page 27 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dany's line to Jon about 'their survival being more important than your pride' was similar to what Jon told Mance Rayder in season 5.

I wondered, did Jon bend the knee in the scene we did not see? From the time of that conversation to when they exited the cave?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I feel like Bran finally has a purpose, whether or not you like the performance. I enjoyed his call backs to other characters conversations as him getting stronger. Is the hippie guru stoner vibe necessary? Probably not but, he can't just play it matter of factly. There has to be some mysticism to it, he is omniscient now.

It's supposed to be him slipping in and out of visions and dreams. Coming back to reality to relay what he's scene. He's supposed to be a vessel connected to the earth. Which leads to his behavior making more sense.

And they need a convention to make him be "not Bran" any longer. A complete change of personality and being is important.

Reaction Score
I'm no battle field expert, although I did dominate you lot in Risk a few years ago, but why in hell would you charge a line of spears on horseback when you can just let the dragon whack the crap out of everything and then just ride in and clean up?

I thought that line was pretty helpful in that it made it really easy for a dragon to cook as much Lannister as possible.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't agree on Arya killing Sansa... but Littlefinger though... he's gonna have to go before long.
Is it a good idea for Arya to slice Littlefingers throat with his own Valyrian steel blade?

I don't think Arya kills Littlefinger. He's not currently on her list. And I think Littlefinger's demise will be more complex. jmo tho

intlzncster

Reaction Score
My issue with Bran is why tell Littlefinger that you are some kind of mystic or prophet? Bran basically just said "I saw you kill my father." Littlefinger is gonna finish the job that Jaime started.
Bran was at least a sympathetic character before if only a rather boring part of the show overall. Now he is a weird little twit. I hope the Kinght King gets him.

He's not a 'logical thinking' figure at this point. His entire existence is the world's vessel (the story or pulse of the world or whatever).

IMO if Bran dies, the world does too.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Agreed, but boy o boy was I cheering for him there at the end when he was charging Danearys. Dummie deserved to get impaled for just lazing about in the middle of a battle. Would have made the series.

I thought it interesting that Jaime and Dany had the exact same tactic in battle (Charging). It worked (sort of) for Dany but not for Jaime. No idea what that means.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Was I the only one rooting for the Dragon to die? It seems like at least one of them would die, no?

Not in a simple fight where no one is really ready for them. Besides, they're needed in the battle for the Knight King. Some will die.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Funny how easily Danny turns the "set your ego aside and bow to me," while she loses leverage as she loses battles, almost immediately after Jon legitimately played said ego card himself.Found her to be little kill-crazy in the battle as well.

Dany's clearly got a Mad King vs Savior of the People struggle going on inside her. Really want Mad King to win out, but it won't.

But then the crossbow comes out; the only one we have seen built (side notes: how did it take this long for some mad scientist genius to slap a large crossbow together? Is the one we've seen really the only one?),

A couple of people said this and I don't know why. Has it ever been indicated that this is the case. Maybe the original was a prototype, but I imagine they'll have tons of these things.

another dead Stark returning as an all-seeing Demi-god who knows all that Baelish has conspired and done.

Don't you think if Bran was going to blow his cover, he'd have already done so? I don't know how much Bran cares about the squabbles of men anymore.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I was wondering if the arrows are laced with something that will kill the dragons? (thinking back to Oberyn Martell and his poisoned spear)

How does one go about testing what poisons kill dragons?

I thought the dragons needed a rider to be effective battle weapons?

No. See dragons burning ships in Mereen.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The longer he sticks around Winterfell with Starks popping up left and right, the longer he is in danger. Now would be the perfect time for him to retire to the Vale... but he's going to try to win over the Starks instead. Good luck with that.

The Vale is impregnable. Except to dragons.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Funny how easily Danny turns the "set your ego aside and bow to me," while she loses leverage as she loses battles, almost immediately after Jon legitimately played said ego card himself.

Found her to be little kill-crazy in the battle as well. As someone mentioned, she started off great softening the Lannister lines then burned the grains, but after that she, at the very least, should have pulled out and let the Horde carry on. Even if she pulled the entire forces out after burning the loot and grain, it would have more than neutralized what the Lannisters did by a) giving up Casterly Rock and b) taking the losses necessary for capturing Highgarden. But tactical advantage kind of fell in to her lap, as it is well known how Dothraki dominate the open battlefield. She really took unnecessary risk there. But then the crossbow comes out; the only one we have seen built (side notes: how did it take this long for some mad scientist genius to slap a large crossbow together? Is the one we've seen really the only one?), traveling along with the convoy. They must have expected a dragon at some point. Why doesn't Danny use all three dragons, btw? Can she still not keep them under some control?

Well isn't this an interesting dynamic at Winterfell. I wonder if Baelish is thinking about his "consider every possibility" or whatever statement, and thinking damn, how did I end up in *this* outcome of events. Wonder if that's where that smirk was coming from, as he sees his one Stark shedding his influence; a resurrected Stark from the Wall who hates his guts and won't be gone long in Dragonstone (with no idea his other half siblings [especially Arya] are back); and now, a dead Stark returning now as a master assassin with a hatred for the family for whom Baelish has "served" all this time; and another dead Stark returning as an all-seeing Demi-god who knows all that Baelish has conspired and done. There are some things even he was unable to foresee and calculate. The Stark Walls are closing in.
My two cents. I think they had the one non lethal strike from a single crossbow as a story telling aid so now the dragons and Dany know about them and can prepare for them or at least be concerned/cautious about the possibility that dragons are no longer invincible.

As for one instead of all three, I think it was another story telling thing where one was all that was needed to crush an army and they can release all three with almost unlimited range whenever they want.

As for another comment that she was just hanging out on the battlefield foolishly, well, her dragon was having trouble flying and she needed to deal with the arrow. If you have to be in the middle of a battlefield, it's best to be next to a dragon that can absorb any bow arrow and fry anyone trying to approach. And now she's pissed - that's her child that got shot.

Reaction Score
How does one go about testing what poisons kill dragons?

Old maester recipes? Something from ancient history found in scrolls? They’re flesh and blood creatures that have been experienced before in history, so it’s not like they’re some alien species.

Reaction Score
Dany's clearly got a Mad King vs Savior of the People struggle going on inside her. Really want Mad King to win out, but it won't.
This is one gripe I have with them having to wrap this up so quickly. It took years of Varys whispering in the ear of the Mad King to drive him mad from paranoia (and this is partly why I don't think Varys is as loyal to Targs as we may think) and THEN go crazy and burninator. I get that Dany has been through some stuff, but I just don't see how this is bubbling up so quickly.

A couple of people said this and I don't know why. Has it ever been indicated that this is the case. Maybe the original was a prototype, but I imagine they'll have tons of these things.
A prototype that Bronn has never seen or used but was immediately able to intuit and use it well enough to ground one of the largest dragons ever, lol yeah there's another hole...

Don't you think if Bran was going to blow his cover, he'd have already done so? I don't know how much Bran cares about the squabbles of men anymore.
I really wish we could have a Neo-Architect scene happen between Bran and Baelish discussing metaphysical implications for choice and such hahahahaha if only... Bran certainly is super Neo-like right now, permanently looking like Neo does when he first starts seeing the Matrix in all code. And Baelish has of course been the literal architect of all that has gone down over the years that have gone by in the series

Reaction Score
I dont get that thinking. I think it was a perfect miixture of Dothraki Mayhem and Dragon bombing.

Remember the week before they wouldnt let Dany go on Drogron because the Dragon AND her can both be exposed. If she goes in first or alone there are arrows flying.

She timed the first attack perfectly. Breaking apart the Lannister Army "line" just before the Dothraki got to it. She saved a ton of Dothraki by doing that.

And then turned to burning up the grain supplies while the Dothraki maimed the Lannisters.

If she swoops in from behind while they are bracing for the Dothraki, at worst they are fight on two fronts. By the time she makes one pass the horde is hitting from the other side. The battle last 5 minutes and she is no more exposed than she wound up being with the attack she used.

Still, it was a great battle sequence.

As for Little Finger...he is one of the most interesting characters on the show......i hope he soon dies a painful and gruesome death.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Old maester recipes? Something from ancient history found in scrolls? They’re flesh and blood creatures that have been experienced before in history, so it’s not like they’re some alien species.

That's possible. I'd just hate to have been the guy trying to test this out. Talk about a fools errand.

Reaction Score
The longer he sticks around Winterfell with Starks popping up left and right, the longer he is in danger. Now would be the perfect time for him to retire to the Vale... but he's going to try to win over the Starks instead. Good luck with that.

You all underestimate Littlefinger. Even Rocko, a self-professes fan. My boy has something cooking.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The giant crossbow isn't the innovation. It is the arrow, heavy enough to hurt a Dragon, yet light and aerodynamic enough to actually hit one.

You'd need a skilled smith to make them. (GENDRY ALERT).

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Anyone else think Jon was tricking Dany with the cave drawings and that Jon drew them himself to get her committed to fighting the walkers? When they showed the drawings and they looked like a nursery school project my mind went right to "this looks like the work of Snow".

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anyone else think Jon was tricking Dany with the cave drawings and that Jon drew them himself to get her committed to fighting the walkers? When they showed the drawings and they looked like a nursery school project my mind went right to "this looks like the work of Snow".
I wasn't... but that would be pretty hilarious.

Reaction Score
So Dany is questioning Tyrion's counsel & blurts out that, after the battles of Casterly Rock & High Garden, she has no supplies to feed her remaining cavalry. Then she promptly lays waist to the Lannister supply train. Genius! She's obviously not a Mensa candidate.

Reaction Score
His main purpose will come with the White Walkers and when he tells Jon about his ancestry. That's one of the most pivotal part of the story.

And then he can die, the little twit.

Reaction Score
So Dany is questioning Tyrion's counsel & blurts out that, after the battles of Casterly Rock & High Garden, she has no supplies to feed her remaining cavalry. Then she promptly lays waist to the Lannister supply train. Genius! She's obviously not a Mensa candidate.

Well, she is blonde.

Reaction Score

I totally thought this, especially when they showed the white walker drawings including a fairly good rendering of the Night King. Then I started thinking that A) he's too honorable to pull a stunt like that and B) don't think he'd have had the time to make all the drawings since they just got down there to start mining the dragon glass. Would be pretty cool if they showed Davos with chalk on his sleeve or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom