GoT Season Seven | Page 28 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

Reaction Score
Anyone else think Jon was tricking Dany with the cave drawings and that Jon drew them himself to get her committed to fighting the walkers? When they showed the drawings and they looked like a nursery school project my mind went right to "this looks like the work of Snow".

My wife said that in real time when watching the show last night.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is one gripe I have with them having to wrap this up so quickly. It took years of Varys whispering in the ear of the Mad King to drive him mad from paranoia (and this is partly why I don't think Varys is as loyal to Targs as we may think) and THEN go crazy and burninator. I get that Dany has been through some stuff, but I just don't see how this is bubbling up so quickly.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely?

A prototype that Bronn has never seen or used but was immediately able to intuit and use it well enough to ground one of the largest dragons ever, lol yeah there's another hole...

Honestly, I think this is a function of the shortened season more than anything. Much of this plot setup was probably culled in the interest of brevity. Not enough screen time for filler. Probably something along the lines of:

Quiburn develops prototype, shows it to Cersei, rolls out production, gives it to the army, everyone trains and knows kinda how to use it.

That bron's such a good shot, may be far fetched. But he did miss.

I really wish we could have a Neo-Architect scene happen between Bran and Baelish discussing metaphysical implications for choice and such hahahahaha if only... Bran certainly is super Neo-like right now, permanently looking like Neo does when he first starts seeing the Matrix in all code.

Morpheus is so much cooler than original 3 eyed raven

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Anyone else think Jon was tricking Dany with the cave drawings and that Jon drew them himself to get her committed to fighting the walkers? When they showed the drawings and they looked like a nursery school project my mind went right to "this looks like the work of Snow".

I wasn't... but that would be pretty hilarious.

I do, he was in there by himself for almost a week.

And what would Dany know about the children of the forest if she doesn't know about the walkers. What does she think the wall was for?

Reaction Score
I thought it interesting that Jaime and Dany had the exact same tactic in battle (Charging). It worked (sort of) for Dany but not for Jaime. No idea what that means.

Yes, well, one charged on the back of a dragon and the other charged a dragon. The disparate results are hardly a surprise.

Just saying . . . . .

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You all underestimate Littlefinger. Even Rocko, a self-professes fan. My boy has something cooking.

Might be his disembowled intestines you smell cooking.

RIP Littlefinger.

Reaction Score
How cool would it be to see Arya kill the Mountain? I think he is still on her list, and Oberyn Martel already showed us that the Mountain can be beaten by a smaller, quicker opponent.

Reaction Score
You all underestimate Littlefinger. Even Rocko, a self-professes fan. My boy has something cooking.
I know better than to underestimate him, but I do believe it was impossible to foresee and calculate around these recent events. Can't wait to see if/how he saves himself.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Are we all underestimating the possibility of a Pod/Arya hookup?

Im not thinking Arya is a hookup companion to anyone. She is "no one"

Reaction Score

There’s black smokey figures coming out from between a witches legs, a guy who flies around the world and time-travels in his own head, people seeing visions in the fire – sounds more like an August trip than a television show.

Reaction Score
There’s black smokey figures coming out from between a witches legs, a guy who flies around the world and time-travels in his own head, people seeing visions in the fire – sounds more like an August trip than a television show.

Are we still talking about Game of Thrones? Or American Gods?

Reaction Score
I totally thought this, especially when they showed the white walker drawings including a fairly good rendering of the Night King.
Exactly
Then I started thinking that A) he's too honorable to pull a stunt like that
Meh, dude has broken/betrayed his vows/men with the Watch. He always responds to comments regarding Ned (especially regarding his honor) as "I'm not my father," "I'm not a [dumb] stark," etc. Although overall I agree this isn't the kind of thing I would think he would concoct.

and B) don't think he'd have had the time to make all the drawings since they just got down there to start mining the dragon glass. Would be pretty cool if they showed Davos with chalk on his sleeve or something.
You watch: Varys is skeptical, asks to see the drawings in person, questions their authenticity, placing another rift in between Danny and Jon

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's a q for the engineers (geeks) - are the spokes on the wheel used to draw back the bowstring on the scorpion long enough to develop the right amount of tension needed? I would have thought that wheel would need to be a bit larger in diameter, unless there's some gearing we can't see. I vaguely recall something about lever arm length vs force from HS physics.
cersei-qyuburn-and-a-new-weapon.jpeg

Reaction Score

I was going to make a similar post about using the big crossbow, but it's better to go with your POV. Any time I watch one of those History Channel type shows about medieval weaponry and they're demonstrating a weapon similar to that, the reloading process takes a while. And that's under stress-free conditions, without being chased by crazy horsemen or staring down a fire breathing dragon. Of course, there would be no drama if Bronn was incinerated part way through a 5 minute loading process.

Reaction Score
The Grammatical Knight --- Did anyone catch Davos correcting John Snow's grammar? John said "lesser" when he should have said "fewer," and Davos called him on it. Thought that was a nice bit of character development.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Bran is his kryptonite. It's only a matter of if he pulls his finger out and returns to the real world to tell anybody.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I love it, but really, Jon's not that clever.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I was going to make a similar post about using the big crossbow, but it's better to go with your POV. Any time I watch one of those History Channel type shows about medieval weaponry and they're demonstrating a weapon similar to that, the reloading process takes a while. And that's under stress-free conditions, without being chased by crazy horsemen or staring down a fire breathing dragon. Of course, there would be no drama if Bronn was incinerated part way through a 5 minute loading process.

Quick loading, low tension might be part of the innovation.

Reaction Score
Here's a q for the engineers (geeks) - are the spokes on the wheel used to draw back the bowstring on the scorpion long enough to develop the right amount of tension needed? I would have thought that wheel would need to be a bit larger in diameter, unless there's some gearing we can't see. I vaguely recall something about lever arm length vs force from HS physics.

Pulleys are a miracle.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Probably not. While they do provide a mechanical advantage, the force necessary to fire an iron bolt of that size that far with the necessary punch would likely require a series of gears to allow a single man to set it. Visually, Bronn should been grinding the wheel like an America's Cup sailor as the block was drawn slowly.

Reaction Score
Just rewatched last nights ep again.

So Bran gives Arya the dagger.

A) He already knows what that dagger is about to do.
B) Like the Hodor moment, he has a full view of why he's crippled, what his place in the story has always been destined to be because of how that dagger has come full circle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom