GoT Season Seven | Page 12 | The Boneyard

GoT Season Seven

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought he was described as brash and pig faced in the books. If I am remembering it correctly, then the casting seems fine though the performance was a little too juvenile Eddie Haskel than a dangerous are captain. He came across daintier than Captain Morgan.

Pig faced could simply mean ugly. Perhaps Blackbeard (the pic) was too good looking. I always found Euron intimidating asf. I don't know where you got 'dainty' from.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'd go for "Tyrion's Angels". Tyrion calling the shots with Daeneris, Misandei and the youngest Sand Snake on the team.

I volunteer to be the assistants' concubine.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We're on the same page as to that specific scene, but it could represent the beginning of a new evolution in Arya too. Right now Arya is a pitiless killer glorying in revenge. Recognizing her enemies' humanity is dangerous to that role.

But she was always very specific in her revenge. Remember, she had her list of people who did her, her family or her friends wrong. If you're a good dude, you're fine.

The Many Face God is nothing if not a 'balance of scales' type.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
One can hope. I do. There are a lot of people who need killing in the GoT.

Yeah, but not a bunch of jovial pawns sucked up in someone else's war who'd rather be home with their girls.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lets make that list. Ill start.

1. Sansa
2. Sansa
4. Sansa
7. Sansa

1) Leanna - started all this trouble because she didn't break up with her boyfriend before shacking up with another guy.
2) Ned - idiot and self-righteous jerk
3) Katlyn - falls for psycho sister's stupid lie, then kidnaps, and loses, member of powerful family. Also fails to get two Baratheon brothers to stop fighting. Lets Kingslayer go, costing Robb a big chunk of his army. Finally, walks whole family and most of their friends into slaughter despite knowing Frey shouldn't be trusted. Katlyn is terrible.
4) Robb - dumps a lord's grand-daughter because she isn't hot enough and then shows up at that same lord's castle with his hotter tail. How did he think that would go.
5) Rickon - zig or zag
6) Jon Snow
7) Sansa

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You need to get over it. She's been dumb, but is mostly a victim of the two nastiest characters who have appeared on the show. Kill list

1. Ramsay
2. Joffrey
3. Cersei
4. Stannis (for sacrificing his daughter to the red god)
5. Melisandre (for talking him into it)
6. Viserys
7. Robert Baratheon (for screwing over Ned)

And it goes on a long time before we get to Sansa, who doesn't deserve death, but rather to become a fixture at Grateful Dead tribute band shows, where she snorts derisively and says "Jerry was so much better than you".

5/7 You're doing pretty damn good so far.

Don't really agree on Baratheon, as that is what a king does. The outcomes of his actions were absolute snow though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
1) Leanna - started all this trouble because she didn't break up with her boyfriend before shacking up with another guy.
3) Katlyn - falls for psycho sister's stupid lie, then kidnaps, and loses, member of powerful family. Also fails to get two Baratheon brothers to stop fighting. Lets Kingslayer go, costing Robb a big chunk of his army. Finally, walks whole family and most of their friends into slaughter despite knowing Frey shouldn't be trusted. Katlyn is terrible.
4) Robb - dumps a lord's grand-daughter because she isn't hot enough and then shows up at that same lord's castle with his hotter tail. How did he think that would go.
5) Rickon - zig or zag
6) Jon Snow
7) Sansa

We know you hate the Starks dude, but Rickon's like 5 years old. That's cold.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
5/7 You're doing pretty damn good so far.

Don't really agree on Baratheon, as that is what a king does. The outcomes of his actions were absolute snow though.

Well he also started the whole thing by starting a war over a girl that didn't love him anyway. So all of this is as much his fault as anyone's. But he screwed over his best friend, and even for a king, I find that unforgivable. He also should have killed Cersei long ago.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well he also started the whole thing by starting a war over a girl that didn't love him anyway. So all of this is as much his fault as anyone's. But he screwed over his best friend, and even for a king, I find that unforgivable. He also should have killed Cersei long ago.

Well, taking over the Iron Throne is always a messy business. And in Westerous, a man simply can't abide getting cucked. So I give him a pass there.

True on the last bit.

Reaction Score
5) Rickon - zig or zag
6) Jon Snow
7) Sansa

Most of those people are already dead. Here is the list of the living I would like Arya to kill for me ----

(1) Danny. Let's face it, she has been a drag on the whole story. Just kill her already.

(2) Night King. He's almost as awful as Danny.

(3) Cersei. No explanation necessary.

(4) Undead Gregor. He is almost as awful as Cersei.

(5) Ellaria Sand. Stupid HBO adlib. No bastard without blood is going to rule any of the Seven Kingdoms. Plus, she killed a man of peace for no reason.

(6) Robin Arryn. Nasty little bugger with no redeeming qualities.

(7) Jaime Lannisters. The Kingslayer must pay for tossing Bran from a tower.

(8) Melisandra. Killing the Princess Shereen should have been punished with deatb.

Reaction Score
Fellow Baelish fan checking in

Half because Aidan Gillen, half because of how he plays the Game (also why I like Varys).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Most of those people are already dead. Here is the list of the living I would like Arya to kill for me ----

(1) Danny. Let's face it, she has been a drag on the whole story. Just kill her already.

(2) Night King. He's almost as awful as Danny.

(3) Cersei. No explanation necessary.

(4) Undead Gregor. He is almost as awful as Cersei.

(5) Ellaria Sand. Stupid HBO adlib. No bastard without blood is going to rule any of the Seven Kingdoms. Plus, she killed a man of peace for no reason.

(6) Robin Arryn. Nasty little bugger with no redeeming qualities.

(7) Jaime Lannisters. The Kingslayer must pay for tossing Bran from a tower.

(8) Melisandra. Killing the Princess Shereen should have been punished with deatb.

I am ok with most of this list. Arya better bring her A game, because Cersei is going to be a lot tougher to take down than Walder Frey and his band of incompetents.

Reaction Score
Ned was a self-righteous jerk that had it coming. He rubbed Jamie's nose in his kingslaying every chance he got, and even mocked Jamie for "choosing his opponents wisely". He shows up at Kings Landing and promptly tells everyone what screwups they were, pissing everyone off. He was playing the game by getting his dying best friend to sign a note under false pretenses, and then, when handed the 7 Kingdoms by Renly, Ned says "no, I'm good", and walks into the Throne Room alone. He was even a jackass in flashbacks, showing up at the Tower of Joy and giving the two Kingsguard a lecture on duty rather than trying a "let's let bygones be bygones" approach.

Or maybe he was subconsciously suicidal after being married to that stupid harpy for 16 years.

Wait -- are you describing Ned or Trump in the first paragraph?

Reaction Score

I've always wondered if this whole series was a chess game between these two. Now they've separated to the north and south and Cersei is alone in kings landing. Who wins?

Well there are many things they have orchestrated, and many they have not; but I've been asking this question since basically season 3 who is currently doing the best in the Game? It's those two. I mean look at what Baelish has accomplished: Lord of Harenhal, basically the puppeteer of the Vale, has the only known living Stark on the hook (for now). Varys has clearly invested all he can in being alive at the end when Dany wins everything. Let's see who makes it. Unfortunately I don't see how Baelish survives all this.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well there are many things they have orchestrated, and many they have not; but I've been asking this question since basically season 3 who is currently doing the best in the Game? It's those two. I mean look at what Baelish has accomplished: Lord of Harenhal, basically the puppeteer of the Vale, has the only known living Stark on the hook (for now). Varys has clearly invested all he can in being alive at the end when Dany wins everything. Let's see who makes it. Unfortunately I don't see how Baelish survives all this.

Let's not discount ol' Bron now. Peasant sell sword to briefly being Commander of the City Watch, gaining knighthood as Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, and was about to become Lord Stokeworth until Cersie sent him and Jaime to Dorne, thereby screwing his marriage). Whenst he became 'Survivor of Poisons'. He might end up Lord of something big for all we know.

All the while being, a swashbuckling, charming, whore loving, rogue of a man beloved by millions. Inspirational

Reaction Score
Fellow Baelish fan checking in

Half because Aidan Gillen, half because of how he plays the Game (also why I like Varys).
rciTKX.gif

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Unless Sansa turns out to be made of dragon glass, her character has been a drag on the entire show. Her some purpose has been as a prop to show how evil some of the people in Westeros are. She wasn't necessary to this point. She is a relatively minor character in the books other than as a motivation for other characters like her mother, Brianna, Jamie, Littlefinger, Tyrion, and Cersei.

She is Rickon with lady parts and a few more lines.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pig faced could simply mean ugly. Perhaps Blackbeard (the pic) was too good looking. I always found Euron intimidating asf. I don't know where you got 'dainty' from.

The TV actor came across as more West Side Story than Treasure Island.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Unless Sansa turns out to be made of dragon glass, her character has been a drag on the entire show. Her some purpose has been as a prop to show how evil some of the people in Westeros are. She wasn't necessary to this point. She is a relatively minor character in the books other than as a motivation for other characters like her mother, Brianna, Jamie, Littlefinger, Tyrion, and Cersei.

And I think Rickon with his curly locks is actually Prettier.

Reaction Score

Well, and except for the fact that August doesn't want to have Rickon so badly that he feels the need to trash him at every opportunity to make himself feel better. (at least I hope he doesn't)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One episode, 13 pages. You'd think this was about some failed recruiting effort that occurred while drinking beer and eating pizza at an Arby's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom