Good ole Coach K | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Good ole Coach K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just caught what Oats said after killing K and I didn't enjoy that near as much. Including, "If COVID’s so bad, all these coa—I—I’m—look, I’m trying to do my best to keep the mask up. I’ve already had COVID, so I don’t even—I, technically, I shouldn’t have to keep it up. Nobody can get it from me." Now I have to consider the source.
Wrong on his part.

A person can get Covid-19 more than once, so I have read. And, even with the vaccine, the immunologists recommend wearing a mask because the vaccine supposedly can still be spread by the vaccinated person, even though the vaccinated person likely will not get it himself.

So, using a corny expression, Nate was "feeling his oats."

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
A person can get Covid-19 more than once, so I have read.
Definitely. We tend to be resistant to other coronaviruses, like the one that causes the common cold, for about 3 years. Many expect the same for SARS-CoV-2.

And, even with the vaccine, the immunologists recommend wearing a mask because the vaccine supposedly can still be spread by the vaccinated person, even though the vaccinated person likely will not get it himself.
Well, "can" spread is technically always true. You can, technically, spread HIV even if you don't have it. Just 1 in a billion. Would like to see a study that specifically measures likelihood of spreading after recovery and after vaccination. Also would like to see a study as to how well masking reduces transmission to others.

Reaction Score
I like this, so I gave you a like, but you should have gone with Whole Foods.
Not at Trader Joe's. It is a competitor's brand sold online on another Natural Foods website.
Coach K should hit Nate with the Pedro Martinez - “who is Karim Garcia?” (Insert Nate Oats for Karim Garcia)

And Nate Oats sounds like something we could buy at Trader Joe’s.
Not at Trader Joe's. It is a competitor's brand sold online on another Natural Foods website.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Damn you Nate Oats dont back down from the NCAA mob which we know K and nose picker own ;).

Reaction Score
Maybe Nate Oats got threatened with a tourney ban by the NCAA and was forced to publicly apologize and bow to coach K.

Reaction Score
Nate Oats needs to watch his mouth when he’s addressing one of the GOATS. Where’s Nate going to be in 10 years? This guy was coaching HS like 7 years ago and now resides in Alabama.
You mean to tell me that you would rather live in Buffalo than Alabama?

Reaction Score
What is the reason for that? I wouldn't want to live in any big city but country life has its benefits.
Regarding Alabama, I think they would ridicule anybody for wearing a mask, and you would be perceived as impolite or unfriendly if after they greeted you, you kept on your mask because your hello reply was not heard by them. Not sure how they would like a Northern accent, and you might get speeding tickets for going 5 miles under the limit with a Northern license plate. Besides that, it is a beautiful place.

On the other hand, Buffalo snow would not be my thing either.

I like Connecticut.

Generally, fewer major storms, near the ocean, okay climate more or less, summers generally bearable, and people relatively friendly in spite of any stereotypes to the contrary. Good pizza, good banter, and the birthplace of the Boneyard.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Or as another post pointed out...Wethersfield?

Yes, Buffalo over Alabama. It's not even a decision.

And given the 3 locations we've mentioned, my order of preference for location to live would be Wethersfield (or anywhere in CT), then Buffalo, and then Alabama.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Regarding Alabama, I think they would ridicule anybody for wearing a mask, and you would be perceived as impolite or unfriendly if after they greeted you, you kept on your mask because your hello reply was not heard by them. Not sure how they would like a Northern accent, and you might get speeding tickets for going 5 miles under the limit with a Northern license plate. Besides that, it is a beautiful place.

On the other hand, Buffalo snow would not be my thing either.

I like Connecticut.

Generally, fewer major storms, near the ocean, okay climate more or less, summers generally bearable, and people relatively friendly in spite of any stereotypes to the contrary. Good pizza, good banter, and the birthplace of the Boneyard.
Let me just put it this way for Alabama. I have an Israeli in my IT department at work. When he first had his card, and a degree headhunters came looking. He interviewed for a job in Alabama, and a honest HR person told him “ you’re qualified but you don’t want to live in this state” .

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only night we spent in Buffalo, we ended up at a nondescript hotel "sports bar". We got the Buffalo wings. They were insanely good, maybe better than Archie Moore's good. I'm thinking if this place has such a great wing game, it must be like that all over town.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104