Good ole Coach K | The Boneyard

Good ole Coach K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dook gets smoked by Illinois and is now 2-2........so Coach Krapmypantski now calls into question the whole season and whether they should be playing college basketball at all. How friggin transparent. If that doesn't work, we'll be hearing about a back issue soon.

Reaction Score
Dook gets smoked by Illinois and is now 2-2........so Coach Krapmypantski now calls into question the whole season and whether they should be playing college basketball at all. How friggin transparent. If that doesn't work, we'll be hearing about a back issue soon.

lolz, is that Cal's excuse too?

Reaction Score

giphy.gif

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Haha, I was going to say this was so on-brand for the dude who handed off his crappy 1995 team to Pete Gaudet.

Reaction Score
Haha, I was going to say this was so on-brand for the dude who handed off his crappy 1995 team to Pete Gaudet.
I watched them play Mich St. They aren't very good. They were favored over Coppin St by 35 and won by 10. So yeah, this is in line w the Rat's MO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
[Ring, Ring]
NCAA: Hello this is the NCAA coaches' hotline, how can we abuse the rules for you today?
Krzyzewski: Coach K here.​
NCAA: Hi again coach, look we've been over this. The refs have to call at least some fouls against your team...​
Krzyzewski: I disagree, but I am not calling about that this time. I'm calling about that COVID thing.​
NCAA: Uh huh. I see. What exactly did you want to say about it?
Krzyzewski: I think that that the current situation is too risky and I think the season should be terminated.​
NCAA: Kind of tough to justify that coach.
Krzyzewski: I would just say, for the safety, the mental and physical health of players and staff to assess we are stopping to access where we're at... and then not restart.​
NCAA: Coach would this have anything to do with the .. uh rough start you are off too?
Krzyzewski: We got our butts beat. For the good of the game and the mental and physical health of players and staff, we need to constantly look at this thing. I think that's a smart thing to do.​
NCAA: Uh, coach you realize the March Madness funds the NCAA for the whole year, right? I mean I like you and all but I like getting paid more.
Krzyzewski: So the answer is no?​
NCAA: The answer is no.
Krzyzewski: OW!!! MY BACK! ...​
NCAA: Ah geesh, here we go again...

Reaction Score
Putting dukes record aside, he’s not wrong. Season needs to be postponed or cancelled. On top of it being flat out unsafe, parity is completely blown up.
I agree with you but at the moment I’m in the postpone until Feb 1 camp. By then the holiday surges should be slowing, at least some will have vaccines, there may be some sebelance of a national as opposed to state by state strategy...re-evaluate then. Right now there Is no real way to evaluate anything. Teams play a game then have 3 week layoffs, or suspend practice for 2 weeks play then suspend pract for 2 more weeks...schedule is all over the place. And it will very likely not improve for months. And now we’ve seen bubbles aren’t the answer either. Shut it down, see if it makes sense, and come up with a rational plan for going forward. FWIW, I actually wish K and Duke would announce they are shuttung down for awhile.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
[Ring, Ring]
NCAA: Hello this is the NCAA coaches' hotline, how can we abuse the rules for you today?
NCAA: Hi again coach, look we've been over this. The refs have to call at least some fouls against your team...​
Krzyzewski: I disagree, but I am not calling about that this time. I'm calling about that COVID thing.​
Krzyzewski: I think that that the current situation is too risky and I think the season should be terminated.​
Krzyzewski: I would just say, for the safety, the mental and physical health of players and staff to assess we are stopping to access where we're at... and then not restart.​
NCAA: Coach would this have anything to do with the .. uh rough start you are off too?
Krzyzewski: We got our butts beat. For the good of the game and the mental and physical health of players and staff, we need to constantly look at this thing. I think that's a smart thing to do.​
NCAA: Uh, coach you realize the March Madness funds the NCAA for the whole year, right? I mean I like you and all but I like getting paid more.

I just checked: Pete Gaudet is still alive and presumably ready to report for duty!

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I agree with you but at the moment I’m in the postpone until Feb 1 camp. By then the holiday surges should be slowing, at least some will have vaccines, there may be some sebelance of a national as opposed to state by state strategy...re-evaluate then. Right now there Is no real way to evaluate anything. Teams play a game then have 3 week layoffs, or suspend practice for 2 weeks play then suspend pract for 2 more weeks...schedule is all over the place. And it will very likely not improve for months. And now we’ve seen bubbles aren’t the answer either. Shut it down, see if it makes sense, and come up with a rational plan for going forward. FWIW, I actually wish K and Duke would announce they are shuttung down for awhile.

This makes too much sense to ever happen.

Reaction Score
If you look at the eastern Big East teams, they could do a bubble based on their academic calendars:

UConn off Dec. 8 to Jan. 19
PC off Dec. 18 to Jan. 25
Georgetown off Dec. 18 to Jan. 25
Seton Hall off Dec. 11 to Jan. 27
Villanova off Dec. 5 to Jan. 25

St. John's off Dec 8 to January 4
If classes are remote, which they probably will be, St. John's could sty in the bubble for an additional week or 2.

So, do a bubble at Mohegan Sun from December 19 to January 19. You could probably play 8 to 10 games per team.

CL82

Reaction Score
I just checked: Pete Gaudet is still alive and presumably ready to report for duty!
Do you mean Pete "Assistant Coach in Charge of Losses" Gaudet?

Reaction Score
[Ring, Ring]
Well done!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Do you mean Pete "Assistant Coach in Charge of Losses" Gaudet?

The only and only. I think he also goes by Pete "Duke specifically petitioned to give me a 13-18 record" Gaudet.

I really did look him up. His career trajectory after that was, uh, not great.

In 1996, Pete started working with Vanderbilt as a Men’s Assistant Coach but became an assistant to the women’s team just a few years later. That experience eventually brought Pete to Ohio State in 2002 where he was a Women’s Assistant Coach, then Video Coordinator, and finally an instructor for the Sport, Fitness, and Health Program.

Reaction Score
[Ring, Ring]

Most of the fictional Coach K's fictional answers are the real answers of the real Coach Edsall.

CL82

Reaction Score
Most of the fictional Coach K's fictional answers are the real answers of the real Coach Edsall.
Actually, most of the answers are Coach K's quotes from the linked article. I just put them into context.

(Oh, and "wrong board.")

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Well if Coach K is calling for it you better believe the NCAA will take a very serious look.

Would not be surprised if Coach K bringing light the the pandemic in regard to college basketball gets the season shut down and Duke goes to 4-0 with another nation championship for waving the flag first and protecting the safety of all student athletes.

Reaction Score
Actually, most of the answers are Coach K's quotes from the linked article. I just put them into context.

(Oh, and "wrong board.")
Excellent! Only thing you had wrong is that Coach K called the generic NCAA Coach's hotline. We all know he has his own private, reserved line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom