OT: - Gonzaga coach Mark Few cited for DUI, apologizes for 'lapse in judgment' | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Gonzaga coach Mark Few cited for DUI, apologizes for 'lapse in judgment'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Peoria, Illinois, home of my alma mater, Bradley University. I arrived in the fall of '80 a few years before I arrived the administration decided to ban all alcohol on campus and in the frats. The semester before I arrived a senior, who was class president, died in a one car/one person crash coming home from a bar. He was driving drunk. The administration reversed their policy immediately and we happily did all our partying on foot. Peoria, hometown of comedians Richard Pryor and Sam Kinison, baseballs Jim Thome, and musician Dan Fogelberg. I enjoyed my four years at Bradley but I could never recommend going out of your way to visit Peoria (unless you do business with Caterpillar).

Worst earthquake I ever felt was in Peoria back in 2008. Was staying at some older turn of the century hotel about 10-12 floors up and it felt like there were train tracks running through the hotel. Pretty much a helpless feeling. Never went back. They also had massive worms that would come out on the roads and sidewalks after it rains.

So, Peoria to me is earthquakes and giant worms.

Reaction Score
Worst earthquake I ever felt was in Peoria back in 2008. Was staying at some older turn of the century hotel about 10-12 floors up and it felt like there were train tracks running through the hotel. Pretty much a helpless feeling. Never went back. They also had massive worms that would come out on the roads and sidewalks after it rains.

So, Peoria to me is earthquakes and giant worms.
Peoria is definitely known for earthquakes and their massive worms. Caterpillars too...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Nobody in this thread is talking about how reckless it is to pull a heist and drive through the streets of Rio de Janeiro with a large bank safe tethered to the back of their cars but it was glorified in the 2011 film “Fast 5”. Seems irresponsible to not bring up this hypocrisy.

+100000. Likewise, it's irresponsible to ignore how dangerous is to drive your Lambo home from the country club on qualuudes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So, query which is worse?
  • Idaho
  • Peoria
  • Drunk driving
  • Potatoes
  • White supremacy
  • Mark Few's lapse in judgment
You forgot texting.

My vote would be drunken white supremacists who text while driving.

Reaction Score
So, query which is worse?
  • Idaho
  • Peoria
  • Drunk driving
  • Potatoes
  • White supremacy
  • Mark Few's lapse in judgment
A white supremist, driving drunk in Peoria while on their way to Idaho in order to get advice from Mark Few...may as well get some potatoes while they are there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A white supremist, driving drunk in Peoria while on their way to Idaho in order to get advice from Mark Few...may as well get some potatoes while they are there.

Just make sure your Lambo doesn't run over an earthworm or a caterpillar.

Reaction Score
Nobody in this thread is talking about how reckless it is to pull a heist and drive through the streets of Rio de Janeiro with a large bank safe tethered to the back of their cars but it was glorified in the 2011 film “Fast 5”. Seems irresponsible to not bring up this hypocrisy.
Yes, but that was done for family

Reaction Score

Texting?

Everyone keeps forgetting texting. He was so jacked up on the thought of a face-to-face with Mark Few that he started texting him during the trip.

Reaction Score
LOL people need to stop being so pathetic. Just because you are white and own guns does not mean you are a "white supremacists".

I know plenty of software engineers, IT and dot.com people in Cali that own and like to shoot guns.

Reaction Score
LOL people need to stop being so pathetic. Just because you are white and own guns does not mean you are a "white supremacists".

I know plenty of software engineers, IT and dot.com people in Cali that own and like to shoot guns.
At who?

Reaction Score

Of course sofrware engineers and people in every other profession own guns and enjoy shooting but what does that have to do with Idaho having a large white supremacist and separatist community?

Reaction Score

Very true. It's the club meetings celebrating their hatred of anyone who isn't white that makes them white supremacists

Cool that you know people with guns though that presumably don't hate minorities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom