OT: - Golf - US Open 2019 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf - US Open 2019

Reaction Score
Woodland is going to have 200' of made putts today.

And then doesn't include at least one chip in from off the green.

Reavie quietly did much of the same, amazing day with the blade but too far behind to be as noticed.

Rosie just seems to be ready to pounce, putter is hot as hell and he hasn't had a consistent ball striking round yet. If it's today off the tee and the approaches it's over, his 2nd major. No matter I thought Woodland may be off the charts after round 3 but he was strong. Will need to hang in mentally but maybe it's time, he's a very good player and strong driver of the ball. Brooks, well even 4 behind he's a favorite so you never know. I think it's one of these 3. Reavie hasn't been there, Rory can get it gong but think he's just a little outside of the line and he's hit it in bad places too often. Kooooooch, well he just doesn't sustain too much like Fowler once the weekend makes it's way in majors.

If I had to make a choice - ROSE

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Woodland held up really well considering it was Saturday of a major. His best major finish was T6 last year at the PGA after having the 36 hole lead. Prior to that, his best was T12 a couple times. He made some incredible saves. It will be interesting to see if he wilts on Sunday - history says he will. But his demeanor throughout the day today says he won't.

Rose's putter is keeping him in this. He didn't play particularly well tee to green today but just kept canning 10 to 12 footers. You can't argue with great putting in the US Open.

My pick, Rory, has an outside shot at 5 back, but he may have too many to leap over specially when one of them is Koepka.

If Koepka was putting like he was for the PGA, he'd have a 3 or 4 shot lead - maybe more as he would be putting more pressure on guys to go low.

All that being said - if I had to put money on someone right now, it would Koepka. Rose next and McIlroy after Rose.

Unless the weather gets weird and early rounds have a big advantage, anyone more than 5 back probably doesn't have a shot. I'd like to see them get a little more aggressive with pins and tees tomorrow to maximize risk/reward for the final round.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reavie quietly did much of the same, amazing day with the blade but too far behind to be as noticed.

Rosie just seems to be ready to pounce, putter is hot as hell and he hasn't had a consistent ball striking round yet. If it's today off the tee and the approaches it's over, his 2nd major. No matter I thought Woodland may be off the charts after round 3 but he was strong. Will need to hang in mentally but maybe it's time, he's a very good player and strong driver of the ball. Brooks, well even 4 behind he's a favorite so you never know. I think it's one of these 3. Reavie hasn't been there, Rory can get it gong but think he's just a little outside of the line and he's hit it in bad places too often. Kooooooch, well he just doesn't sustain too much like Fowler once the weekend makes it's way in majors.

If I had to make a choice - ROSE

Took me a few holes to realize Woodward and Reavie were wearing almost identical outfits. For a bit, I thought it was all Reavie bombing in every shot.

Reaction Score
Koepka can be scary, and Woodland may or may not hold together today, but Koepka can't be ecstatic having to spot three strokes to Justin Rose on the final day of the U.S. Open. Rose had no luck on Saturday -- was in recovery mode on nearly every hole -- yet Koepka closed no ground on Rose. If Justin can find the fairway today, he won't be beaten.
He was finding fairways, but he went through a long stretch where every approach came up just short of the green.

Reaction Score
Is no one mentioning Oosthuizen because they don’t want to look up his name to spell it?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Koepka can be scary, and Woodland may or may not hold together today, but Koepka can't be ecstatic having to spot three strokes to Justin Rose on the final day of the U.S. Open. Rose had no luck on Saturday -- was in recovery mode on nearly every hole -- yet Koepka closed no ground on Rose. If Justin can find the fairway today, he won't be beaten.
3 strokes is nothing; it’s a koepka birdie and a rose double on 14.

UconnU

Reaction Score
If koepka wins this thing he is the most dominant athlete on the planet right? 3 us opens in a row and half the major championships over the last 3 years. In a sport where you are competing against hundreds of other people at a time. Certainly the most dominant golfer since early 2000s Tiger Woods.

UconnU

Reaction Score
These guys are sooo good; the course isn’t this easy!

UconnU

Reaction Score

These guys are too good.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Spent early afternoon out on boat soaking up some Ray's and enjoying beach.

Intentionally stayed off phone. Came home to Koepka drilling putt on 5.

Unreal.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Woodland just makes so few mistakes.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Woodlands to lose now with that Brooks bogey.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Woodlands to lose now with that Brooks bogey.

Rose is turning this in to a two man race. Not in a good way. He has been a club short on too many holes this weekend. Over thinking the "don't be above the hole" mantra a little too much.

Brooks and Woodland are playing for the championship

UconnU

Reaction Score
Rose is turning this in to a two man race. Not in a good way. He has been a club short on too many holes this weekend. Over thinking the "don't be above the hole" mantra a little too much.

Brooks and Woodland are playing for the championship
I like the dynamic in golf where 2 players battling for a championship often aren’t on the same hole as each other. Golf is an amazing spectator sport if you understand the game.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Woodland with balls of steel going fairway wood there, great shot! Koepka putting for his open life?

UconnU

Reaction Score
It was a 4 iron not a 3 brooks! As long as woodland doesn’t implode this is his.

Reaction Score
Koepka needs birdie at a bare minimum here on 18, and hope Woodland falls apart on 17 and can't make it back on 18.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom