OT: - Golf - US Open 2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf - US Open 2019

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Tiger's putter has been less than ideal today.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Team Spieth with the screw up not seeing rake sitting down on tall grass in front of fairway bunker.

They proceeded to blade the bunker, barely clear lip of bunker and then clipped the rake.

Team needs to be more thorough when walking around bunkers.

Dick move by course laying takes low in the grass. In theory a player could step on one and snack themselves in the face.

Reaction Score
No huh. I have a clue and I play once a week (maybe twice but not everyone knows that lol) and hit the range twice a year. It's not the caddies fault and honestly his whining makes him less of a favorite all the time.
Driver plus wedge for me to the cliff. ;^)
#8 at Pebble is the best golf hole I’ve ever played. Never saw it on tv before playing it though.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Koepka again near the top of the leaderboard heading into the weekend in a major. Guy is unbelievably talented, easily the best player in the world atm.

Reaction Score

Quite an improvement from day one. 4 over today but only one over after 16. I have to believe pressure got to him yesterday. Hope he qualifies for The Travelers at Ellington.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well, Rory is pretty much exactly where I expected after two days. Adam Scott is tied for 11th and not a bad bet for 30:1. I whiffed on Cantlay. Tiger is even and not really a factor. Spieth seems to be sputtering at -1. Dustin still has a shot at -2. Schauffele and Koepka are still there at -4.

So who had Woodland or Rose or Louis or Wise?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rory and Koepka in the final pair on Sunday, but I'm not ready to count out Woodland or Rose.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, after having the opportunity to see afternoon rounds both days, the following I know.

Only golfers I really watch are Koepka, Tiger, Phil, Rory and Spieth. Everyone else I kinda casually watch.

As for this week so far, Spieth, Rory and Louie have shown they can birdie the heck out of the course but they are making bogeys like they're free. Birdies will become harder over the weekend so they better tighten up.
DJ was a ball striking machine today. If he could read a putt and make anything he'd be in the lead.
Still can't believe how many of the top players still fail golf management. Hitting clubs off the tee which bring fairway bunkers on to play, driving through fairways in to rough, shaping shots putting cliffs and Pacific Ocean in to play, not controlling short iron soon to greens, etc. This is where Brooks kills them. Koepka just puts the ball in play off the tee.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, Rory is pretty much exactly where I expected after two days. Adam Scott is tied for 11th and not a bad bet for 30:1. I whiffed on Cantlay. Tiger is even and not really a factor. Spieth seems to be sputtering at -1. Dustin still has a shot at -2. Schauffele and Koepka are still there at -4.

So who had Woodland or Rose or Louis or Wise?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rory and Koepka in the final pair on Sunday, but I'm not ready to count out Woodland or Rose.

Rose is no surprise. When he won at Merion it was a short, tight course like Pebble. His putting yesterday was unearthly but he can hang on this course.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Woodland with a bomb for birdie on 9 (His 18th) taking a two stroke lead on to weekend.

His putting today was like Rose yesterday. See if either of them can hold up over weekend with the blade.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was hoping he missed the putt and witnessed a total breakdown but he hit it.
Yeah, a double club snap and a missed cut by getting an 8 on a par 5 to finish your round without losing a ball, would be an epic fail.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Woodland is going to have 200' of made putts today.

And then doesn't include at least one chip in from off the green.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Koepka is the closest thing to 2000 Tiger Woods I have seen yet. Every major this guy is in contention, every single one even when he’s not playing his best.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After three rounds it's down to five or six players max.

Even Rory at 6th place is a stretch but he shown he can go 63-64 so I'll include him. Don't see anyway the course allows for anyone at -5 or worse to shoot a low enough score to jump to the top without someone already there being able to shoot a 68 or 69.

Koepka is becoming machine like in his ability to stay in the 60's for every round of golf.
Woodland was incredible with a few of his saves.

Really like Rose today. Twice Rose had good looks at birdie of about 10' while Woodland was 40'+ scrambling for par. Both times Woodland made the bomb to save par and Rose was able to compose himself and make the birdie. Would have been real worried if Rose missed the birdies on both 17 and 18 but he made the birdie on 18 and has a good last memory leading in to today.

Reaction Score
Koepka can be scary, and Woodland may or may not hold together today, but Koepka can't be ecstatic having to spot three strokes to Justin Rose on the final day of the U.S. Open. Rose had no luck on Saturday -- was in recovery mode on nearly every hole -- yet Koepka closed no ground on Rose. If Justin can find the fairway today, he won't be beaten.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom