OT: - Golf - US Open 2019 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf - US Open 2019

Reaction Score
That will do it.

I don't watch a lot of golf but I have never seen a chip/pitch from one part of the green to another part of the green, and Woodland almost nailed it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
That will do it.

I don't watch a lot of golf but I have never seen a chip/pitch from one part of the green to another part of the green, and Woodland almost nailed it.
He was like a football field away on the green. Amazing shot to get it that close!

UconnU

Reaction Score
Fact about Gary Woodland(I turned off the stream not sure if they mentioned this). His wife was just pregnant with twins a girl and a boy. The girl died prematurely and the boy survived. Happy father’s day Gary!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Next year's rough at Winged Foot will be a foot deep, fairways 15 yards wide and greens faster than fast.

I feel very confident saying 2020 winner won't be double digits below par.

Reaction Score
Fact about Gary Woodland(I turned off the stream not sure if they mentioned this). His wife was just pregnant with twins a girl and a boy. The girl died prematurely and the boy survived. Happy father’s day Gary!

>>The couple just announced they are expecting twin boys in August which is especially significant given they lost one of their twin babies during their 2017 pregnancy.<<

UconnU

Reaction Score
>>The couple just announced they are expecting twin boys in August which is especially significant given they lost one of their twin babies during their 2017 pregnancy.<<
I found this fact on social media. I was told everything on social media should be believed.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Going back to Koepka though his last few major finishes are almost comical 1,1,2,1,2 lol. 2.4 strokes gained against competition in the final round of majors. Tiger woods type numbers.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Might need to tweak his irons. Was short hole after hole.

I believe I heard one of the announcers say that Rose changed all his equipment this year. Maybe was a bad choice...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Koepka is a lion
Taking nothing from Woodland - he led from start to finish
But Koepka is going to be a contender for years. Felt bad for Rose, he is such a class act.
I was hoping for a Kuchar victory - he has to be the best golfer never to win a major
A great weekend of golf - what quality shots

Reaction Score
I believe I heard one of the announcers say that Rose changed all his equipment this year. Maybe was a bad choice...

Honma good name in golf but not well known. My buddy bought some woods and irons after Rose announced (he's a big Ebay seller) and he was hoping for Rose to win this weekend makes a big difference. While he's having trouble selling the stuff it has little to do with Rose's weekend issues. He was playing really well even with wins early on after the transition he's just having trouble with his swing. He was short way too often and not nearly at the green enough. Amazing he was still in it after 63 holes he was so off tee to green.

Woodland was solid, mentally tough. Liked what he said about how everyone thought the trailing players would be taking it to him but he said he was going to remain aggressive end felt he was playing good enough to take it to them. Easy to say but hard to do in your first actual last grouping in a major but he nailed it happy for him. Really thought he was in huge trouble with Brooks start that was whacked with 4 of 5 birdies and actually missed on the 6th by a quarter of an inch for 5/6. Fun watch late Sunday on Fathers Day.

As an aside, thought what Tiger did said a lot about him. I mean bogey 4 of the first 6 and even though you're not in contention somehow grind back with pride and throw 6 under the last 12 there? Good stuff what I am unhappy to hear is he won't play until Ireland - just can't win without playing!

Reaction Score
Koepka is a lion
Taking nothing from Woodland - he led from start to finish
But Koepka is going to be a contender for years. Felt bad for Rose, he is such a class act.
I was hoping for a Kuchar victory - he has to be the best golfer never to win a major
A great weekend of golf - what quality shots
You would like Kuchar, biggest phony on tour.

Reaction Score
You would like Kuchar, biggest phony on tour.

If you have more than that awful tipping the caddie incident let me know. Maybe he is but it would seem like he's well liked overall by fellow players and fans alike. Not sure one bad decision makes you a phony for life but hey I could be wrong here.

Reaction Score
Going back to Koepka though his last few major finishes are almost comical 1,1,2,1,2 lol. 2.4 strokes gained against competition in the final round of majors. Tiger woods type numbers.
Except Tiger never came from behind until this year at The Masters.

Reaction Score
Next year's rough at Winged Foot will be a foot deep, fairways 15 yards wide and greens faster than fast.

I feel very confident saying 2020 winner won't be double digits below par.

We can only hope. I get that the weather didn’t cooperate but 38 yard wide fairways? Come on. That’s St. Catherine of Baltic Annual Golf tournament and Bocce tournament layout, not the United States Open

UconnU

Reaction Score
Except Tiger never came from behind until this year at The Masters.
Right. Saturdays were moving days for Tiger but his Sunday numbers were even better. He absolutely dominated the field on sundays to the point where no one could catch up. Equally as impressive.

UconnU

Reaction Score
We can only hope. I get that the weather didn’t cooperate but 38 yard wide fairways? Come on. That’s St. Catherine of Baltic Annual Golf tournament and Bocce tournament layout, not the United States Open
I don’t like how they made Pebble Beach easier this year. The 14th hole used to the toughest par 5 in the world, it played easy last weekend. I like watching these guys struggle, like Oakmont in 2016.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom