Gibbs Announcing He Will Transfer | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Gibbs Announcing He Will Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guys don't worry, I was just at the dog wash getting my Huskie detailed and a man named Nadav Majok (wearing a Sterling silver ring) tipped his hat to me. Ive been called superstitious before, but there's no way that's not foreshadowing some great news in the next.... roughly 20 minutes

Reaction Score
Oh my. we should just lock this thread for the next 30 days and revisit it come June...
Do whatever floats your boat. Just stating that this might take a little time.
God forbid, a sensible statement is made on this board.

Reaction Score
Look who is getting involved with Sterling Gibbs. We're screwed.

You may have heard that Sterling Gibbs has graduated from Seton Hall. He was 2nd-team All-Big East and is immediately eligible. ESPN just ranked him as the top transfer available in the country.

Believe it or not, VCU is in the running for him and in strong position among a couple of other schools. If Ram Nation could give him a follow on Twitter to show him just how large and passionate a fan base we have, that could give us a bump, and we need every bump we can get when we're competing for kids on this level.

If you could DM or message your friends who are VCU fans as well to follow him, that would be a great help. His twitter handle is : @SterlingGibbs4. Once again, I need to stress that you can follow, tweet about, but not at him. That means you do not include '@SterlingGibbs4' in your tweets at all. That's a secondary NCAA violation. I can't force you to do anything either way, but I do need to clarify that.

Thanks and Go Rams!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

You may have heard that Sterling Gibbs has graduated from Seton Hall. He was 2nd-team All-Big East and is immediately eligible. ESPN just ranked him as the top transfer available in the country.

Believe it or not, VCU is in the running for him and in strong position among a couple of other schools. If Ram Nation could give him a follow on Twitter to show him just how large and passionate a fan base we have, that could give us a bump, and we need every bump we can get when we're competing for kids on this level.

If you could DM or message your friends who are VCU fans as well to follow him, that would be a great help. His twitter handle is : @SterlingGibbs4. Once again, I need to stress that you can follow, tweet about, but not at him. That means you do not include '@SterlingGibbs4' in your tweets at all. That's a secondary NCAA violation. I can't force you to do anything either way, but I do need to clarify that.

Thanks and Go Rams!

Hey, if you're stuck in your mom's basement all day you have to find something to do. No pity for those dweebs.

Reaction Score
Do whatever floats your boat. Just stating that this might take a little time.
God forbid, a sensible statement is made on this board.

Were you stating it or quoting someone? Kinda figured it was a quote with the italics.

Reaction Score

Thanks and Go Rams!
VCU, umm no. Going to CCSU would probably be a better option right now.

Reaction Score

Thanks and Go Rams!
What a bunch of creepy duck*s.

Reaction Score
It's all on whether he wants to try to win a NC or not. VCU is a place to get a lot of PT and be the man on a team who may or may not make the tourney while not advancing far if they do. They lost their star coach and some players, if he wants to win this is all poppycock.

Reaction Score
The Gibbs saga could continue until late June. He does need to find the right grad program. And, get accepted.

why did you put this in italics?

Reaction Score
It's all on whether he wants to try to win a NC or not. VCU is a place to get a lot of PT and be the man on a team who may or may not make the tourney while not advancing far if they do. They lost their star coach and some players, if he wants to win this is all poppycock.

Even if he was just looking for exposure, there are lot of bigger name programs with better rosters where he'd get a ton of burn. He'd start for us and play serious minutes, and that team would be a national title contender. What could VCU possibly offer if they have an unknown coach, a depleted roster, and low visibility? If Gibbs ends up playing there, we're all going on Twitter and hounding these kids until they sign, because it would be the only possible explanation.

Reaction Score
As someone who played that song the other night, I just want to put it out there for any other aging musician whores for hire the above chart is incorrect for guitar.

I'm not gonna break out the strat of Les Paul to check, but these 3 all the same. Maybe the key as recorded not = as written?

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/bee_gees/stayin_alive_crd_1444795id_05122013date.htm

http://www.e-chords.com/chords/bee-gees/stayin-alive

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/getsome.org/guitar/olga/chordpro/b/Bee.Gees/StayinAlive.chopro

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

The Key is right. (Fmin) The Riff is in the wrong position. Because it needs the "snap" of the lower strings (by the way, the lack of THE riff is why I hate that Springsteen version 8893 posted. And I like Springsteen and I like reinterpretation, but man, that had NO balls) But my big problem is that nobody in any book gets the Bb Chord extension right. Which comes in the intro and during the "Youre going nowhere" outro.

This guy comes closest.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've watched two of Jalen's games. He's had turnovers and bad shooting streaks. So he has been inconsistent in some categories of play. I actually felt that Rodney's defense was good last season and it was consistent. There is room for improvement particularly with defensive rebounding, but he was infrequently a liability. And although I only watched two complete games the biggest concern I have regarding Jalen is his defense.

My opinion is that Rodney's mistakes are not physical but mental. He has the bb IQ but lacks confidence. That is not a problem with Jalen. He has bb IQ and confidence. He just needs more time to reduce mistakes. The thing he needs to work on the most is defense. That is why I'm hoping we land Sterling. This reduces the pressure for Jalen to hit the ground running.
My big hope is that with Ryan to bail them out at the end of a possession everyone steps up this season and the team comes together. Ryan's leaving could, though no fault of his, be a net plus for chemistry. Something (okay a lot of things) wasn't quite right last year. I have a gut feeling that last year's personnel will improve as a squad notwithstanding the loss of very good college guard.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Einsamer Hirte... lonely shepherd?
Yeah play a pan flute - go to prison. I didn't write the laws I only follow them. That's why he's lonely.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I'm assuming the Gibbs to UCONN post elsewhere was bs?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My big hope is that with Ryan to bail them out at the end of a possession everyone steps up this season and the team comes together. Ryan's leaving could, though no fault of his, be a net plus for chemistry. Something (okay a lot of things) wasn't quite right last year. I have a gut feeling that last year's personnel will improve as a squad notwithstanding the loss of very good college guard.
My take is there was no adequate player at the four position and UConn was frequently playing four on five for good parts of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom