Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
What is up with Alleyne with 2 wide open shots from point blank and looking like slow motion. He really is an awful offensive player and that surprises me from him being decent at V-Tech.
Tbh I’m not sure what he brings at this point.

He’s 6’3/6’4 with average handle, he’s not a good passer, an okay defender, and his jumpshot hasn’t been good and we’re in February now. I’d rather give his minutes to Joey to get him back in rhythm. He’s going to be way more needed for tournament time.

Reaction Score
Jackson playing within himself on offense in the second half and playing great D all game was huge. Newton good, Sanogo decent and Karaban with some huge shots. Hawkins had an off game but we had enough in the tank to offset that.
I would say his defense was ok, not great. Took some wild chances that led directly to baskets by other players. The 0-1 from Spears is a bit misleading.

Reaction Score
Gtown has been playing teams close lately. They are not good but they have improved. They have a lot of talent but bad coaching.

They were extremely aggressive and probably should have been called for more offensive and off ball fouls.

That’s just a tough game in DC no matter how you shake it.

AJ had a hell of a game. People need to love him for what he is and stop hating him for what he is not. It’s not going to change.

It’s ride or die with him and I would choose to ride with him any day no matter what
This post is spot on! We don’t win today without Jackson! Despite his offensive limitations this team can’t win without him.

Reaction Score
We are learning to close out games. Down 1 with under 4 minutes to go, didn't implode and won by 6.
That’s a sign that the light is there, just need more consistency.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We shot great from 3, and still only beat a bad team by 6. Keep working, there’s plenty of room to improve.
Actually I don't think GT looked bad at all. Taking it to the hoop, knocking down threes.

Reaction Score
Thank god Andre Jackson played the defensive game of his life or that's a loss. Hurley moves to 18-0 vs DePaul, Georgetown and Butler. 15-20 vs everyone else in the BE. Wonder how hot his seat would be if those programs weren't abysmal.
A great recruiter except blind to see he needs a premier point guard to run the offense
But a horrible game time coach
He had no understanding on adjusting his team to game situations and their competition in general
Sooty but five yrs gotta show everybody
He has not grown on that area and sadly he has gotta go if UConn wants championships

Reaction Score
A great recruiter except blind to see he needs a premier point guard to run the offense
But a horrible game time coach
He has no understanding on adjusting his team to game situations and their competition in general
Sorry but five yrs gotta show everybody
He has not grown on that area and sadly he has gotta go if UConn wants championships

Reaction Score
and we travel a lot too, but at least we seemingly stopped stepping out of bounds

did anyone see Jet Black make a call for us? I know he made two traveling calls on us, and as I'm watching him call the game, he's not even looking at the ball handler
His name is Jet Black? That’s awesome

Reaction Score
Horrible win for Hurley & the team.

Prime chance to get a "Close Win" by 5 pts or less.

Tristen missed that FT at the end, G'Town gacked the shot to close it to 4.

Over the next few years, we'll look back many times at this "woulda coulda shoulda" opportunity
Horrible win!!!
Can’t Hurley get the fact you must play Zone d with these long and tall bigs in the lineup
Man produces few turnovers or steals as they aren’t that good defensive players

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The guy is mental case...

Tweet #1 - Georgetownn up 61-60 on UConn with less than 4 minutes left.

Tweet #2 - This is NOT fake news.

Tweet #3 - UConn. Survives

Then the ass clown praises Iowa St for their great wins.....and UConn beat Iowa St dumb ass

UConn fans, they're everywhere

Reaction Score
Some people on here perceive any Hurley criticism as hate, so let me get this out there - I’m a huge fan of the job Hurley’s doing when it comes to building this program. They’re in a pretty good place now and set up even better for the future.

At the same time, he has some really bad, really stubborn habits that have hurt his teams. As an example, we’re in February and no one on the bench seems to know his role, likely because there’s no consistency with how players are used.

I’d like to see this staff mix and match players more thoughtfully. We saw a lineup out there today that consisted of Diarra, Alleyne, Jackson, and Clingan. When Diarra takes over for Newton, he should be paired with offensive-minded players like Hawkins and Sanogo. Meanwhile, someone like Joey C should be paired with good defenders like Jackson and Clingan. Obviously this is oversimplifying things for example purposes, but you get the idea.

There are better ways to get 8-9 guys consistent minutes on this team than how they’ve been doing it all year.
It’s because Hurley has no clue
They will get torched as a 9-10 seed
Bad coaching really is emphasized in March

Make a play for the former great Villanova coach Jay Wright He would be a perfect fit in Storrs Do it now before Syracuse or another big time program snags him

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The biggest takeaway from this game is that Andre looked like Andre again. Great defense, great passing, had a big dunk and even hit a 3. We can't hit our ceiling with Andre playing at a high level. Hopefully this is the start of him breaking out of his slump.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
I’d like to see this staff mix and match players more thoughtfully. We saw a lineup out there today that consisted of Diarra, Alleyne, Jackson, and Clingan. When Diarra takes over for Newton, he should be paired with offensive-minded players like Hawkins and Sanogo. Meanwhile, someone like Joey C should be paired with good defenders like Jackson and Clingan. Obviously this is oversimplifying things for example purposes, but you get the idea.

There are better ways to get 8-9 guys consistent minutes on this team than how they’ve been doing it all year.
Excellent observation. I am also a "Big Hurley Guy," but I acknowledge that this is one of his blind spots.

Perhaps this is something Hurley could delegate to an assistant on game day, or a staff member in between games. I understand that a number of lineups are dictated by Hurley in real-time, according to what is happening on the court- e.g., A-Jax picks up an early second foul; Creighton is not doubling Sanogo; etc.

However, it would be helpful if the staff self-scouted the tape and crunched analytics to devise some hard-and-fast, inviolable lineup rules that should always be followed on gameday. Your suggestions are only a few of the best examples of things that should never occur, no matter what the game dictates. (This was not as applicable in the prior seasons, when COVID absences and lack of talent throughout the roster really limited which lineups we could play).

Reaction Score
The biggest takeaway from this game is that Andre looked like Andre again. Great defense, great passing, had a big dunk and even hit a 3. We can't hit our ceiling with Andre playing at a high level. Hopefully this is the start of him breaking out of his slump.
Dre really looked like himself in the second half. Happy for him hopefully he can keep it rolling

Reaction Score
It's a joke because there's a segment of the board who always brings up Hurley's 9-22 record in 5 point games. So now we won this game by 6 so it'll get completely ignored as a close win
That 12-29 record is 6 points or fewer btw…so now its 13-29. That being said, they executed near perfect in the final couple minutes. Which is something they haven’t done very often when games are close in the final 2 minutes.

Reaction Score
AJs defense was brilliant.

A road win is a road win, but oof.
Oof is correct. Look at what Creighton did GTown on this same court. They blew the doors off of GTown

Reaction Score
That 12-29 record is 6 points or fewer btw…so now its 13-29. That being said, they executed near perfect in the final couple minutes. Which is something they haven’t done very often when games are close in the final 2 minutes.
Yeah there's been a few different ones thrown around, superjohn always quotes the 9-22 in 5 point losses. Hopefully closing out this game gets them some confidence, even if I think Georgetown is just awful in close games

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Second half or whole game?

Reaction Score
Andre with 7 10 7 and held Primo to 1 shot.

He got a lot of his points off put backs and cuts to the rim and just being around the rim in general off ball.

Newton continues to be aggressive and Sanogo getting his in the flow of the offense.

Idk why these games are close and Andre isn’t further along offensively at this point, but building more good habits for what he and this team is right now.
Air balling the floater was rough though. I felt bad for having seen it. I had to look away. Actually felt bad for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom