Georgetown Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Thank god Andre Jackson played the defensive game of his life or that's a loss. Hurley moves to 18-0 vs DePaul, Georgetown and Butler. 15-20 vs everyone else in the BE. Wonder how hot his seat would be if those programs weren't abysmal.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Andre with 7 10 7 and held Primo to 1 shot.

He got a lot of his points off put backs and cuts to the rim and just being around the rim in general off ball.

Newton continues to be aggressive and Sanogo getting his in the flow of the offense.

Idk why these games are close and Andre isn’t further along offensively at this point, but building more good habits for what he and this team is right now.

Reaction Score
Jackson’s defense on Spears was insane. 0-1. That’s the biggest take away for me, looked like a Naithsmith defensive player of the year today. Newton staying confident driving. Think they missed a couple fouls on the drives but he was still finishing.

Reaction Score
Horrible win for Hurley & the team.

Prime chance to get a "Close Win" by 5 pts or less.

Tristen missed that FT at the end, G'Town gacked the shot to close it to 4.

Over the next few years, we'll look back many times at this "woulda coulda shoulda" opportunity

Reaction Score
A win is a win on the road.. Great job by Andre on the boards/assists/on Primo.. Karaban with onions from three.. Adama with some great offensive boards.. Team showed better composure at closing time than in previous defeats.. A good sign.. Clingan threading the needle on some assists from top of the key..

Next week ..Bring the A game..

Reaction Score
Thank god Andre Jackson played the defensive game of his life or that's a loss. Hurley moves to 18-0 vs Butler, Georgetown and Butler. 15-20 vs everyone else in the BE. Wonder how hot his seat would be if those programs weren't abysmal.
I think you mean Depaul as I didn't know Georgetown has 2 bad teams? LOL!

Reaction Score
Some people on here perceive any Hurley criticism as hate, so let me get this out there - I’m a huge fan of the job Hurley’s doing when it comes to building this program. They’re in a pretty good place now and set up even better for the future.

At the same time, he has some really bad, really stubborn habits that have hurt his teams. As an example, we’re in February and no one on the bench seems to know his role, likely because there’s no consistency with how players are used.

I’d like to see this staff mix and match players more thoughtfully. We saw a lineup out there today that consisted of Diarra, Alleyne, Jackson, and Clingan. When Diarra takes over for Newton, he should be paired with offensive-minded players like Hawkins and Sanogo. Meanwhile, someone like Joey C should be paired with good defenders like Jackson and Clingan. Obviously this is oversimplifying things for example purposes, but you get the idea.

There are better ways to get 8-9 guys consistent minutes on this team than how they’ve been doing it all year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom