Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Jackson may have held primo in check but how many gambles did he take that they scored on like 3 or 4?

Hurley still hasn’t figured out what to do with him on offense. First half his man clogged the paint. It’s hard to play offense when it’s 4 on 5.

Reaction Score
Jackson playing within himself on offense in the second half and playing great D all game was huge. Newton good, Sanogo decent and Karaban with some huge shots. Hawkins had an off game but we had enough in the tank to offset that.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hoyas have been much more competitive recently, six straight covers now. They have enough athletes to compete, and the arena was far from empty. Their fans were engaged today

Just win baby

As of two o'clock saturday, KU gets blown away by ISU and VA loses to VA Tech. It ain't easy

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thank god Andre Jackson played the defensive game of his life or that's a loss. Hurley moves to 18-0 vs Butler, Georgetown and Butler. 15-20 vs everyone else in the BE. Wonder how hot his seat would be if those programs weren't abysmal.
"This is my brother Butler, and my other brother Butler."

1675538049668.png

Reaction Score
I know it’s just Georgetown, but to come through and win a close game on the road, pretty huge for this team. Each close win you get makes the next close game a little easier.

Great game by Tristen Newton, much better play by Jackson, and mega clutch 3s by Karaban.

Reaction Score
What is up with Alleyne with 2 wide open shots from point blank and looking like slow motion. He really is an awful offensive player and that surprises me from him being decent at V-Tech.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Some people on here perceive any Hurley criticism as hate, so let me get this out there - I’m a huge fan of the job Hurley’s doing when it comes to building this program. They’re in a pretty good place now and set up even better for the future.

At the same time, he has some really bad, really stubborn habits that have hurt his teams. As an example, we’re in February and no one on the bench seems to know his role, likely because there’s no consistency with how players are used.

I’d like to see this staff mix and match players more thoughtfully. We saw a lineup out there today that consisted of Diarra, Alleyne, Jackson, and Clingan. When Diarra takes over for Newton, he should be paired with offensive-minded players like Hawkins and Sanogo. Meanwhile, someone like Joey C should be paired with good defenders like Jackson and Clingan. Obviously this is oversimplifying things for example purposes, but you get the idea.

There are better ways to get 8-9 guys consistent minutes on this team than how they’ve been doing it all year.
Alleynes minutes should be cut. No need to try to fit in every single player

Reaction Score
Gtown has been playing teams close lately. They are not good but they have improved. They have a lot of talent but bad coaching.

They were extremely aggressive and probably should have been called for more offensive and off ball fouls.

That’s just a tough game in DC no matter how you shake it.

AJ had a hell of a game. People need to love him for what he is and stop hating him for what he is not. It’s not going to change.

It’s ride or die with him and I would choose to ride with him any day no matter what

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We shot 5 fts lol

and we travel a lot too, but at least we seemingly stopped stepping out of bounds

did anyone see Jet Black make a call for us? I know he made two traveling calls on us, and as I'm watching him call the game, he's not even looking at the ball handler

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Gtown has been playing teams close lately. They are not good but they have improved. They have a lot of talent but bad coaching.

They were extremely aggressive and probably should have been called for more offensive and off ball fouls.

That’s just a tough game in DC no matter how you shake it.

AJ had a hell of a game. People need to love him for what he is and stop hating him for what he is not. It’s not going to change.

It’s ride or die with him and I would choose to ride with him any day no matter what
Knew it would be close especially after they only lost to Creighton by 10. They’re a bad team just like DePaul, seton hall, and St. John’s but they battle and score a lot of points. Glad we didn’t lose. We’ll stay in the top 25.

Next week will tell us if we’ve figured anything out or we are what our record says we are

Reaction Score
Lesson learned: If there’s one team that melts down at the end of games more than UConn, it’s Georgetown. Thank you Hoyas! Onward and upward! A road win is always a good win!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Anyone who calls this a bad win and is disappointed we didn’t blow this team out simply hasn’t been paying attention.

Georgetown has some legit players on offense. They’re not a great team, and they’re not very well coached, but they’re not nearly what they were last season.

This was a solid gutsy win on the road. More to build and improve on. I’d like to see us figure out some of our individual defense problems. If we can get back to the defense we had in Hurley’s earlier years here, we’re going to be in fine shape to make a run.

Other than that, it’s a road win in the Big East. We’re 18-6. Let’s set the XL on fire on Tuesday and get a huge win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom