Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
This was a serious nail biter. Jackson came alive and provided major offensive rebounding at critical moments. We had about 12 more shots than GT with nearly 50% three point shooting. It really took all that to shake off the penetration success of GT. Why a little zone from time to time wouldn't help to change the flow is beyond me. It might also help to have had the two bigs on the floor for a few minutes in each half. Most of GT's offensive was with five (5) ' of the hoop. We don't seem to put the opponent away as our defensive posture doesn't change except for different personal.

Reaction Score
The guy is mental case...

Tweet #1 - Georgetownn up 61-60 on UConn with less than 4 minutes left.

Tweet #2 - This is NOT fake news.

Tweet #3 - UConn. Survives

Then the ass clown praises Iowa St for their great wins.....and UConn beat Iowa St dumb ass
He just lives to troll people now, doesn't even bother with analysis. He spent the whole Iowa State/Texas Tech game trolling Tech fans when they were down 23 and then tweeted nothing after they came back to win because he needed a "full night's sleep" to process them coming back

pj

Reaction Score
Horrible win for Hurley & the team.

Prime chance to get a "Close Win" by 5 pts or less.

Over the next few years, we'll look back many times at this "woulda coulda shoulda" opportunity

Wait. Are you complaining because we won by 6 instead of 5?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Thank god Andre Jackson played the defensive game of his life or that's a loss. Hurley moves to 18-0 vs DePaul, Georgetown and Butler. 15-20 vs everyone else in the BE. Wonder how hot his seat would be if those programs weren't abysmal.
I wonder what kind of bicycle my grandma would have been if she had wheels

Reaction Score
Alleynes minutes should be cut. No need to try to fit in every single player
We need someone bigger who can sub for Jackson and play good d. He normally does that. He just shouldn't shoot anything except wide open 3s

Reaction Score
What does Alleyne and Diarra………do exactly…….

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Positives:
Newton continued the upward trend.
Joey 3 point shots is back at 100%.
Thank you. I guess there were some positives, unlike what I've seen in the rest of this thread

Reaction Score
Anyone who calls this a bad win and is disappointed we didn’t blow this team out simply hasn’t been paying attention.

Georgetown has some legit players on offense. They’re not a great team, and they’re not very well coached, but they’re not nearly what they were last season.

This was a solid gutsy win on the road. More to build and improve on. I’d like to see us figure out some of our individual defense problems. If we can get back to the defense we had in Hurley’s earlier years here, we’re going to be in fine shape to make a run.

Other than that, it’s a road win in the Big East. We’re 18-6. Let’s set the XL on fire on Tuesday and get a huge win.

Exactly. People are too lazy and just look at their record and don't bother to watch any of their recent games.

Their last 6:

At Nova - L 77-73, within one score with 1min left
At Xavier - L 95-82
Home v. DePaul - W 81-76
At SJU - L 75-73, led for a lot of the 2nd half, lost at buzzer
Home vs. Creighton - L 63-53, never recovered from a lat 1st half Creighton run, but won the 2nd half by 4
At Home vs. UConn - We just watched.

That's a competitive team in games vs mid/upper level BE teams.

Reaction Score
Newton continues to get it done. Sanogo had a nice game. Andre played within himself on O and played exceptional D. AK is just cold blooded.

Look for Hawk to hunt for his next game after a bit of a step back today.

On to MQ.

Reaction Score
Wait. Are you complaining because we won by 6 instead of 5?
Yep (sarcastically). It's one of the metrics Hurley detractors obsess about (his bad record in games that finish within 5 pts.)

Reaction Score
This game shows how important it is that Hawkins plays like HIM. Didn’t have it today 4-13, 2-7 from 3, and most importantly 0-0 from the line.

The rest of the team (besides the turnovers) had a more complete game than they have the last few. If Hawkins hits a few more shots to start off the second half it’s a completely different game.

Teams like my golf game since BE started. If I’m driving it well, I can’t putt. If I’m putting well, I can’t get off the tee. Let’s hope we play a complete game against Marquette. Good game for Hawkins and hold them under 80 and we should win at home. Unlike Xavier we do match up well with them and think we should get it done at home.

Reaction Score
G'Town has good players just can't get BE wins for some reason....doesn't mean they suck.

Uconn players made some mistakes but it's impossible to play a perfect game. DH should have called timeouts earlier. It's a win

Reaction Score
Watching Marquette Butler and really trying to put other good team's games in perspective. Marquette doing some of the same things against bad teams that we think only "we" suffer from

Reaction Score
The guy is mental case...

Tweet #1 - Georgetownn up 61-60 on UConn with less than 4 minutes left.

Tweet #2 - This is NOT fake news.

Tweet #3 - UConn. Survives

Then the ass clown praises Iowa St for their great wins.....and UConn beat Iowa St dumb ass
If I recall correctly when he interviewed DH recently he asked Danny if his dad beat him as a kid. Guys the worst

Reaction Score
It’s a win but need to play better, still haven’t gotten over the loss to St John’s and Seton Hall.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just win and just need more the next two.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly when he interviewed DH recently he asked Danny if his dad beat him as a kid. Guys the worst
You could tell from his tweets how badly Goodman wanted UConn to lose today. You know he had a UConn bashing tweet ready to go he was just dying to post ....UConn with a horrible, embarrassing, season killing loss @ G'Town. A new low for Hurley & UConn.

And then sadly for him UConn wins by 6 on the road and all he could muster was.... UConn Survives

Eat me Goodman.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom