Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
It’s funny how the Jackson is a great defender line gets picked up by guys who should know better. Spears had five assists mostly when he beat Jackson. Several other times he best him and got picked up by others down low. And remember, we were playing Georgetown, not Purdue. So 2 straight is good but 2 close games against the 2 worst teams in the league is still worrisome
He played great defense today. If your standard is he should have shut out the other teams best scorer while also giving up zero assists and not once needing any help than you are just being a hater

Reaction Score
It’s funny how the Jackson is a great defender line gets picked up by guys who should know better. Spears had five assists mostly when he beat Jackson. Several other times he best him and got picked up by others down low. And remember, we were playing Georgetown, not Purdue. So 2 straight is good but 2 close games against the 2 worst teams in the league is still worrisome

You’re not fooling anyone. You’re not worried. You’re excited when we are losing and/or struggling. It’s your lifeblood!

Reaction Score
We shot great from 3, and still only beat a bad team by 6. Keep working, there’s plenty of room to improve.
A bad team but not this afternoon; shot 46 percent and UConn wasn't bad on defense. They would have given any team a hard time today.

Reaction Score
Anyone who calls this a bad win and is disappointed we didn’t blow this team out simply hasn’t been paying attention.

Georgetown has some legit players on offense. They’re not a great team, and they’re not very well coached, but they’re not nearly what they were last season.

This was a solid gutsy win on the road. More to build and improve on. I’d like to see us figure out some of our individual defense problems. If we can get back to the defense we had in Hurley’s earlier years here, we’re going to be in fine shape to make a run.

Other than that, it’s a road win in the Big East. We’re 18-6. Let’s set the XL on fire on Tuesday and get a huge win.
Agree. I rewatched it. It was a solid game and both teams competed. Wahab, played as well as I’ve seen him and Murray and Heath hit some tough shots that kept the game close. For the good guys, if Newton keeps it up we have a legit shot to turn things around. AS, AJax and JH did what we needed and Karaban is getting more comfortable each week.

Reaction Score
I just don’t understand how we go 3 straight games of 20+ FT attempts, to 5 today.

I thought the refs overall let A LOT of stuff go. I’m 100% good with that if they do it for both teams, which they did.

Odd game. Hawk was essentially a non factor.

Glad to have ridden the Karaban Caravan today.

ONIONS!!!

Reaction Score
What is up with Alleyne with 2 wide open shots from point blank and looking like slow motion. He really is an awful offensive player and that surprises me from him being decent at V-Tech.
It’s his confidence. Ever try to do something when you’re worried about screwing up? That’s where his head’s at right now.

Orc

Reaction Score
Great win. Georgetown is an awesome team who will do some damage in the tourney. I think Uconn moves to top 15 in the polls next week

Reaction Score
Alleynes minutes should be cut. No need to try to fit in every single player
He needs feel better about himself, not worse. BH is trying to build him back up little by little. Same with Diarra. Keep phasing them in.

Reaction Score
A bad team but not this afternoon; shot 46 percent and UConn wasn't bad on defense. They would have given any team a hard time today.
Yep. G’town played well today and kept their offense to a half court game to keep the score down.
We also had 5 steals and 5 blocks and more importantly, held them without a FG in the final 4+ minutes of a fight game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great to see Andre focus on lockdown defense and not blocking or stealing everything. That plus rebounding and a putback or two is what we need. Now if he can just avoid a few bad pass TOs.

Adama was good all game on both ends. Excellent defense on Wahab. Once again most of the point didn’t come on post up entry passes. Great adjustment by the staff to realize how that threw the offense off and made things harder for Adama. Seems a permanent change.

Alex was invisible in the first half, came up big in the second. When Hawk isn’t going, he needs to step up and he did.

Refs simply didn’t call much. So Georgetown was able to bump us and throw us off. Hawk struggles in that situation. Had a bad shooting night vs PC as well.

Reaction Score
Wow look what UConn did to Butler at home and Marquette only beat them by 8 today. I believe we beat them by 30
Yeah I noticed that, too, and was thinking that when watching that Marquette-Butler game today. I was surprised Marquette didn’t put that game away earlier. However, there was no point where anyone watching that game thought Butler was going to win. That was not the case with the GTown game today, GTown had a legit chance to win this game.Karaban’s 3s we’re clutch for sure and GTown isn’t as bad as their record, but this game had the feeling of the Seton Hall game. It’s good to win 2 games on the road in row, but there is plenty of improvement necessart.

Reaction Score
We should give a big a shoutout to Adama Sanogo. Led the team in scoring — tied with Newton with 15 but on three fewer shots. He was a monster on the offensive glass with at least two or three putbacks including one where he sprinted to the rim from the three point line, timed it perfectly and threw it down with authority.

Adama had no turnovers, passed out of the double team when it came and really only took one bad shot.

He was also really good on the defensive end bodying up Wahab, pushing him off his spot and did it without fouling. He finished with 2 fouls in 29 minutes and one of those should have gone to karaban.

Adama is a rock. The foundation this team is built on even as he has to adjust and change his offensive game midseason from low post to high screen.

Reaction Score
Glad we won, regardless of the score. A road win against a scrappy team. Loved the play of Newton and Sanogo today.

Reaction Score
To me, there was nothing encouraging about this. They should easily beat Georgetown, and they did not. End of story. They have not been playing well and continued that trend.

Reaction Score
Ugh, how long does it usually take for replays to be made available? I had it set to record, but i just went to watch it and the recording is "partial" - it's 1 minute long. :(
VCR's...seems they all get buggy after 40 years, who knew?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Same vibes
He needs feel better about himself, not worse. BH is trying to build him back up little by little. Same with Diarra. Keep phasing them in.
should 10 players be getting 10 minutes+ game?

Reaction Score
So the second leading scorer in the conference is held scoreless and gets 5 assists means AJ didn’t have a good defensive game? Unbelievable take.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen the game yet and from the posts here I'm not sure that I will. That said, I noticed that not a single post mentioned Clingan. Did he play?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Air balling the floater was rough though. I felt bad for having seen it. I had to look away. Actually felt bad for him.
Yeah it sucks because he works hard and seems like a great person in general. I don’t know how his scoring game is so bad at this point. He just has to be smart about how he gets his points like he did in the 2nd half.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe they are the worst in recent play or bad and trending worst in recent play. We were #2 just over a month ago. Current standings Huskies are mediocre.
Which is pretty much what we’ve been as of late

Reaction Score
3 games in a row with a 3P for Alleyne. That will help his confidence. DH can’t give up on his bench. They need either JC, or Alleyne to come off bench and score.
He came in the game and immediately turned the ball over. I don't think there is a thing Hurley can do. Alleyne just has to simply wake up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom