Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part One

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I have rewatched the tournament here and there over last few months and what really stands out is how well Tessa Johnson first and Feagin and Fulwiley played off bench.
Tessa Johnson/Fulwiley starting would be a top 5 backcourt next year and both are likely coming off of the bench.

Reaction Score
Fulwiley is a hard worker. I'm excited to see the new moves she adds to her bag this off-season. I think her 3-point shot is a testament to this. She went from being an unreliable to a reliable 3-point shooter during the course of the season. I've never seen anyone improve their technique like that while a season was underway. I can't wait to see what she improves in her downtime.

Reaction Score
Tessa Johnson/Fulwiley starting would be a top 5 backcourt next year and both are likely coming off of the bench.
Let’s not forget that Chloe was a part of that same recruiting class of 24. Class of only 3 players and no top 10 ranked ( by Hooogurlz). All of these youngsters had major contributions to the unbeaten season.

The freshies have the school records for wins, but the 21 class could surpass them this year. And the 24s . . .

Last edited:

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Let’s not forget that Chloe was a part of that same recruiting class of 24. Class of only 3 players and no top 10 ranked ( by Hooogurlz). All of these youngsters had major contributions to the unbeaten season.

The freshies have the school records for wins, but the 21 class could surpass them this year. And the 24s . . .
I am sure this has as much to do with player development than an underestimation of their talent. Dawn gets players that buy in from day one. She wins with players who stay and loses very few to the transfer portal. Her players get better each year and that's why they are willing to all be role players from time to time. She had 5 players get drafted and they were not all starters. Playing off the bench at South Carolina is more impressive than starting at most schools.

Reaction Score
Joyce Edwards goes on a tear in the U18 championship game, helps bring home the gold medal and wins MVP.

vs. Canada
16 PTS
13 REBS
1 AST
5 STL
6/11 (54%) FG
2/2 (100%) 3PT
36:49 MINS

I didn’t realize she had that much range; that’ll be a welcome addition next year given the logjam in the paint.

Reaction Score
I didn’t realize she had that much range; that’ll be a welcome addition next year given the logjam in the paint.
well, Dauda shot over 30% last year from 3, so that's two bigs with range and Chloe has potential for it as well.

Reaction Score
Will Dawn increase the volume of team three point shooting this year?

Last year, we shot 640 three pointers and hit 243 for a 39.53 percentage. Third in the nation behind the leader by a slim .07 of one percent, We return all the shooters with Poapoa at 46.8, Tessa 43.8, Bree 38.5, Raven 35%, and Milaysia 34.3.

The question is: will the BIGS starting shooting more from Three range? Dauda has a percentage of 30.9% and Chloe hit 50% on a limited volume. Edwards comes with a reputation for hitting deep shots. So, will Dawn increase the number of plays to free up the bigs for open three pointers. Will she run a 3 big lineup to substitute (Dauda?) for Bree on the wing or will she stick to a two big lineup with Tessa as Bree's primary backup?

Another question is: will Dawn develop more 3 point sets and screens to free up more of the guards for 3 point shooting with Milaysia and Raven driving the lane and kicking out to Poapoa/Tessa? Offensive Rebounders looking more toward the kickout?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
These are players I know for sure have been offered by SC. There may be more, but these are guaranteed offers that I know of. Anyone feel free to add any guaranteed offers that I missed.

2025 offers:
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#2 Sienna Betts (committed to UCLA)
#3 Jasmine Davidson
#4 Divine Bourrage
#6 Dee Alexander (committed to Cincinnati)
#7 Zakiyah Johnson

2026 offers:
#1 Jerzy Robinson
#2 Olivia Vukosa
#3 Saniyah Hall
#5 Jacy Abii
#6 McKenna Woliczko
#7 Oliviyah Edwards
#8 Brihanna Crittendon
#9 Jordyn Jackson

I can't track down whether we have already or not, but if not then I'm not sure what SC is waiting on when it comes to offering #10 Agot Makeer out of Canada for the class of 2025. She looks underrated to me.
Did you intentionally leave off Deniyah Prawl & Jaliyah Davis in 2025 ?

Reaction Score
Will Dawn increase the volume of team three point shooting this year?

Last year, we shot 640 three pointers and hit 243 for a 39.53 percentage. Third in the nation behind the leader by a slim .07 of one percent, We return all the shooters with Poapoa at 46.8, Tessa 43.8, Bree 38.5, Raven 35%, and Milaysia 34.3.

The question is: will the BIGS starting shooting more from Three range? Dauda has a percentage of 30.9% and Chloe hit 50% on a limited volume. Edwards comes with a reputation for hitting deep shots. So, will Dawn increase the number of plays to free up the bigs for open three pointers. Will she run a 3 big lineup to substitute (Dauda?) for Bree on the wing or will she stick to a two big lineup with Tessa as Bree's primary backup?

Another question is: will Dawn develop more 3 point sets and screens to free up more of the guards for 3 point shooting with Milaysia and Raven driving the lane and kicking out to Poapoa/Tessa? Offensive Rebounders looking more toward the kickout?

If I have a chance I'll compare the attempts in tournament to regular season and maybe conference season to see how it developed.

Felt like they took a lot of threes in tournament with Tessa and others going off.

Reaction Score
Presbyterian 9/24
UNC 9/20
Indiana 8/16
Oregon State 4/20
NC State 8/19
Iowa 8/19

In conference games - averaged 16 attempts

NCAA- averaged 20 attempts

The season average was about 16 attempts.

I'd guess pre-conference must have a little lower than 16, but maybe pretty close.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Did you intentionally leave off Deniyah Prawl & Jaliyah Davis in 2025 ?
"These are players I know for sure have been offered by SC. There may be more, but these are guaranteed offers that I know of. Anyone feel free to add any guaranteed offers that I missed.”

Reaction Score

For the Tessa Johnson fans.

Well, I'm a BIG Tessa Johnson fan and it didn't start with her tournament performance and it's not all related to what she does on the floor.

I think she has the potential to become THE wbb broadcast star of her generation. She is extremely well-spoken for a freshman - heck, for a senior. She is fun, attractive and more than merely pleasant. Her "Tea Time with Tessa" is well done and her teammates enjoy participating with her. She is everything wbb needs as a face. Have we ever seen her in a bad reaction with an opposing player. I hope she and the school prepare her to be a Super-Professional Announcer when her playing days are over.

She appears to be what we would all want our daughters to be.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
I am sure this has as much to do with player development than an underestimation of their talent. Dawn gets players that buy in from day one. She wins with players who stay and loses very few to the transfer portal. Her players get better each year and that's why they are willing to all be role players from time to time. She had 5 players get drafted and they were not all starters. Playing off the bench at South Carolina is more impressive than starting at most schools.
Say this again for the people in the back!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom