Gamecocks 2022, part three (merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part three (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The portal will be interesting for SCar this off-season between comings abd goings. The depth will take a hit either way so curious to see how that goes.

Reaction Score
We tend to have a brutalist look at the best of times, but the really big lineup is notable even by our standards.

Might be the saving grace if the PG position continues to struggle.

Having 6'4 pass to 6'4 from multiple angles is a tough one.
It's sort of ironic that a former pg -- among the best ever -- should be so good at coaching bigs rather than other pgs

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
It's sort of ironic that a former pg -- among the best ever -- should be so good at coaching bigs rather than other pgs
Dawn talks about this often. She’s always had a really good way of communicating with bigs, all the way back to her days with USA BB. She’s always coached up the bigs on those teams. Lisa Leslie is one of her closest friends.

Her coaching style makes sense once you have that perspective.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The portal will be interesting for SCar this off-season between comings abd goings. The depth will take a hit either way so curious to see how that goes.
Next year is really the beginning of a new era. Opportunity for SC to really overhaul the backcourt. So much to be excited for there. I think SC hits the portal for 1 or 2.

We weren’t a factor in her original recruitment but I’d love to see SC take a look at Payton Verhulst.

Reaction Score

Harris and Henderson were very good PGs, but we have not been great offensively on the wing outside of Tiffany Mitchell.

Whose jersey should be retired.

Reaction Score
With UConn’s season over with Azzi injured, the Gamecocks only have to worry about Stanford it looks like to get that repeat.

Reaction Score
I agree about Watkins and Feagin -- they look very promising in the tiny glimpses of them we get. But it's hard for me to call Amihere the best non-starters in WBB. She is full of so much talent and promise, but has so infrequently put it together for sustained stretches of any season. Cardoso, on the other hand, looks like she's making a serious case for being the tallest best sixth woman in the land.
Amihere has taken her play to another level this year. Once Dawn moved her out to the wing/guard spot she has been very good. LA needs space and she’s getting it on the wing with everybody packed into the paint. When Dawn puts LA, Boston and Cardoso in there’s not many teams who can defend that.

Reaction Score
Next year is really the beginning of a new era. Opportunity for SC to really overhaul the backcourt. So much to be excited for there. I think SC hits the portal for 1 or 2.

We weren’t a factor in her original recruitment but I’d love to see SC take a look at Payton Verhulst.

I was going to ask how everyone felt about Verhulst. I don’t think Jeff was using her the right way, she’s a guard not a forward. I wouldn’t mind going after her at all.

Reaction Score
With UConn’s season over with Azzi injured, the Gamecocks only have to worry about Stanford it looks like to get that repeat.
Whoa!

You are implying that Azzi’s injury is going to end UConn’s season. Let’s wait on an injury update.

Reaction Score
UConn football is playing in the Myrtle Beach bowl game. For all those UConn fans of both football and women's basketball, it may be a fun opportunity to come watch the South Carolina women's basketball team that Sunday. We're playing Charleston Southern at home. It's like a 2.5 hour drive from Myrtle Beach. Just an idea for a sports vacation. :D

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
UConn football is playing in the Myrtle Beach bowl game. For all those UConn fans of both football and women's basketball, it may be a fun opportunity to come watch the South Carolina women's basketball team that Sunday. We're playing Charleston Southern at home. It's like a 2.5 hour drive from Myrtle Beach. Just an idea for a sports vacation. :D
I can't imagine there's a lot of those to be honest.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
No speculation on injuries please.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Any chance of Amihere doing a grad transfer? What is her major? Is she a tobacco user? Asking without any particular reason.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Any chance of Amihere doing a grad transfer? What is her major? Is she a tobacco user? Asking without any particular reason.
Anything is possible but I’m not sure if Amihere really wants another year of college. Myself and many others believe she’ll be so much better as a pro, whether it’s WNBA or an international league. She operates well in space. The college game is a hindrance tbh.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anything is possible but I’m not sure if Amihere really wants another year of college. Myself and many others believe she’ll be so much better as a pro, whether it’s WNBA or an international league. She operates well in space. The college game is a hindrance tbh.

Yeah.. I like her as a player alot. I haven't looked at mock drafts or anything, but she would be in the top 5 in my book.

Reaction Score
Amihere doesn’t need a grad transfer. She’s already working on her Master’s. She graduated last May. ;)

Reaction Score
She’ll be back.

I’m sure but I still think the injury marks the end of the season for our Huskies unfortunately. You can only see so many players get injured before your spirit is broken and I think watching Azzi go out did that to the team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Amihere doesn’t need a grad transfer. She’s already working on her Master’s. She graduated last May. ;)

Always room on the mantel for 2 Masters degrees :cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m sure but I still think the injury marks the end of the season for our Huskies unfortunately. You can only see so many players get injured before your spirit is broken and I think watching Azzi go out did that to the team.
I think you’re underestimating both the team and Geno’s coaching

sorry, Gamecock fans, back to a thread on South Carolina

Reaction Score
Yeah.. I like her as a player alot. I haven't looked at mock drafts or anything, but she would be in the top 5 in my book.
Mine too. Her best BB is ahead of her. I’ve Pulled hard for LA. She finally started putting it together last year and seemingly gets better every game.

Reaction Score
Another big game for our signees

Jah’s Montverde Academy took down nationally ranked (overrated) Webb School. Jah scored 10 points, grabbed 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists and a block.

Tessa scored 20 points, grabbed 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, and made 4 three pointers.

Lay Fulwiley had three huge games this week. They defeated Ridge View, Lower Richland, and Hoover from Alabama. She scored 35, 29, and 25 respectively in those games.

Tessa’s Highlights from the game. She’s everything we need in an offensive player for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom