Gamecocks 2022, part three (merged thread) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part three (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
However these comments from Mr. Bueckers (Paige’s Dad) threw me for a bit of a loop. Not sure if it was Shade or genuine happiness…

Nothing that I, and many Gamecock fans, have been thinking for much the last decade (minus the MN part). I take no offense to Mr. Bueckers comment.

What team was she playing against?
Road victory vs #3 ranked Chaska, 97-70.

Reaction Score
I like Dawn Staley after reading this. "We shrunk her package --and she only had 3 plays to memorize. When in doubt --be a basketball player (paraphrasing).
Kids that played ball from age 10, middle school, high school, AAU--know how to play the game, especially the elites.

Reaction Score
@TheFarmFan

Hey y’all. ;)

Dawn will let the player chose what to do, but I don’t see many minutes in Chloe’s future this year with Amihere, Feagan and Watkins on the bench ahead of her as forwards. Heck, Cardosa too when we go big lineup. Oh well

The term “big guard” is thrown around a lot nowadays, but I don't see it in Chloe’s case.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huge addition to South Carolina's already impressive roster. I love that line "When in doubt--be a basketball player." Basically, just play basketball. Play through mistakes. Play without fear. That is going to be a huge boost for Chloe and her confidence level. I wish her all the best at South Carolina.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It will benefit next year's team for Chloe to get a bit of playing time this season. Next year's team will be young and probably lose a few games, early, but will have plenty of talent and quite good by tournament time.

Reaction Score
It will benefit next year's team for Chloe to get a bit of playing time this season. Next year's team will be young and probably lose a few games, early, but will have plenty of talent and quite good by tournament time.

I just can't see playing time being all that relevant either way.

She'll have a head start on learning systems and conditioning. Now that really will be a boost for her.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
@TheFarmFan

Hey y’all. ;)

Dawn will let the player chose what to do, but I don’t see many minutes in Chloe’s future this year with Amihere, Feagan and Watkins on the bench ahead of her as forwards. Heck, Cardosa too when we go big lineup. Oh well

The term “big guard” is thrown around a lot nowadays, but I don't see it in Chloe’s case.
Taylor Swift Abandon Thread GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Just thought you wanted to be in two threads NOT started by Gamecocks. I knew you didn’t want to be in the one started by us :(;)
1671371965011.png

This you? That Nan keeps the thread from getting too long by cutting it off and starting a new one from time to time doesn't somehow negate that you started this mere days after last season ended.

Reaction Score
View attachment 82056
This you? That Nan keeps the thread from getting too long by cutting it off and starting a new one from time to time doesn't somehow negate that you started this mere days after last season ended.
I certainly did start it. One thread “ to bind them all.”

Here’s what you don’t get is that two other threads were about the Gamecocks were recently started by non Gamecocks: (1) will Scar be undefeated and (2) Chloe Kitts., Nan merged both of those into this thread where they should be. WE aren’t the ones cluttering the board with Gamecocks threads as you do often complain about.

Now, if somebody else starts one about us or the SEC - it’s on

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just can't see playing time being all that relevant either way.

She'll have a head start on learning systems and conditioning. Now that really will be a boost for her.

Or maybe not.

Will be interesting to watch.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

A few funny quips from Dawn in today's presser. Some nuggets on how she plans to use Chloe the rest of this season.

Reaction Score
Not sure if I missed it in the thread, but was Amihere out due to illness / injury? Hoping the answer is no in both cases.

Reaction Score
Not sure if I missed it in the thread, but was Amihere out due to illness / injury? Hoping the answer is no in both cases.
Dawn said that the three players who didn't play was a coaches decision. They were all dressed out and we're actively engaged cheering on their teammates.

Reaction Score
Dawn said that the three players who didn't play was a coaches decision. They were all dressed out and we're actively engaged cheering on their teammates.
That's 2nd time for Feagin if my memory is correct?

Reaction Score
That's 2nd time for Feagin if my memory is correct?
It is, but you don't really know what is going on. They were dressed, laughing and cheering for their teammates, didn't seem upset about anything. Chloe, Ashlyn, and Talaysia haven't gotten hardly ANY time lately (Chloe duh). Those 3 happen to play the same positions. CS is an absolutely horrible team and those girls got to play almost the entire 2nd half. Breezy didn't play a whole lot either. There is an awful lot of very young talent and keeping them all happy while giving the Seniors their turn to shine is going to be harder than last year I think.

Reaction Score
It is, but you don't really know what is going on. They were dressed, laughing and cheering for their teammates, didn't seem upset about anything. Chloe, Ashlyn, and Talaysia haven't gotten hardly ANY time lately (Chloe duh). Those 3 happen to play the same positions. CS is an absolutely horrible team and those girls got to play almost the entire 2nd half. Breezy didn't play a whole lot either. There is an awful lot of very young talent and keeping them all happy while giving the Seniors their turn to shine is going to be harder than last year I think.
She's doing promo for the team as well. I'm not worried about her at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom