Gamecocks 2022, part three (merged thread) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part three (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Queen Bee Love GIF

Chloe Kitts entire game is Aesthetically pleasing.

Reaction Score
Gamecocks win easily to improve to 12-0 in their final OOC game before the SEC conference season begins, over Coastal Carolina 102-39. Once again the Gamecock reserves got ample court time, and out-scored the Chanticleer reserves 64-25.

In the last 8 games since the Stanford game - in which the Gamecocks went 8-0 - they've out-scored their opponents 81.9 ppg to 42.1 ppg. This includes a 73-64 win over top-15 UCLA. In those games, our bench has out-scored the opponents' bench 44.0 to 10.6 ppg. Our BENCH has out-scored our last 8 opponents 44.0 to 42.1 ppg. Not too shabby. - our last 8 opponents have not been that strong, minus UCLA and SDS........

Reaction Score
Ashlynn led the team in minutes and scoring today. 16 points with 7 rbs. Sania also got double digit points. Chloe - not a great outing. Starters played less minutes than second five. Third five all got decent minutes too -except Olivia who only mop up minutes.

Reaction Score
Tessa led her squad once again to victory and they remain undefeated. She dropped 25 points. Also Lay has been BALLING at the beach!! I’ll find some highlights

Reaction Score
Sharing from the Gamecock FGF Team thread. Full Credit to the great Gamecock women’s basketball aficionado ‘Winloseortie‘ for these stats & post:

season so far

#1 Blocked shots
#1 Points allowed per game
#1 opponents fg%
#2 opponents 3pt fg%
#2 rebound margin
#2 offensive rebounds
#22 fg % We are shooting almost 5% better than last year, that’s a big jump
#27 assists to turnover ratio 1.22. I know this doesn’t sound too impressive in comparison. Last year we were like #200 with a .9 ratio. HUGE improvement especially without Henny.

We lead the nation in bench scoring.
We are rebounding over 50% of our missed shots
We block 1 out every 6 opponent’s shots

not too shabby (my input)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Sharing from the Gamecock FGF Team thread. Full Credit to the great Gamecock women’s basketball aficionado ‘Winloseortie‘ for these stats & post:

season so far

#1 Blocked shots
#1 Points allowed per game
#1 opponents fg%
#2 opponents 3pt fg%
#2 rebound margin
#2 offensive rebounds
#22 fg % We are shooting almost 5% better than last year, that’s a big jump
#27 assists to turnover ratio 1.22. I know this doesn’t sound too impressive in comparison. Last year we were like #200 with a .9 ratio. HUGE improvement especially without Henny.

We lead the nation in bench scoring.
We are rebounding over 50% of our missed shots
We block 1 out every 6 opponent’s shots

not too shabby (my input)
Thank you for the knowledge drop! Good stuff!

Reaction Score
I would have guessed the rebounding numbers were worse than that, but then the schedule has been less difficult.

-- I'm obligated to add: because too many good teams out there are too scared to play us.

Reaction Score
Fun watching Raven set up her teammates.

And fun watching the young players run.
Next years team will play completely different from this one. Raven is a true PG and Cooper is a great passer too. She also has a pretty shot. They are quick, quick, quick. Will be fun to see.

Reaction Score
Tessa led her squad once again to victory and they remain undefeated. She dropped 25 points. Also Lay has been BALLING at the beach!! I’ll find some highlights

You are going to love her. She is a phenomenal player, one of the greats to play high school in Minnesota. Now if yall would stop taking great Minnesota players and leave them for the Gophers ;)

Reaction Score
You are going to love her. She is a phenomenal player, one of the greats to play high school in Minnesota. Now if yall would stop taking great Minnesota players and leave them for the Gophers ;)
Cant wait to watch her play.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
For a school in the Deep South, we do well recruiting in the Midwest. Thank you for Tessa. :)

Reaction Score
Just watched this whole game.. and wow, there are very good shooters and then there's Tessa Johnson a level above.

Yes I’m very thrilled to have someone who can shoot like she can come into fold next year. Like Azzi Fudd her form is near perfect and always looks the same everytime she shoots it! The rainbow arc on her shot also makes it hard for defenders to block her shot so I’m very excited to see her next year.

One thing that stood out to me during the game was at the 41:00 minute mark when she got a defensive board and one handed outlet passed it to a teammate for an easy score. That play made me smile! We are getting a special talent indeed!

Reaction Score
Tessa looks a lot stronger this year. I remember watching her games from 8th and 9th grade, and she was impressive even then, though a skinny little kid. Now she looks like she's got the strength and speed of a D1 player.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yes I’m very thrilled to have someone who can shoot like she can come into fold next year. Like Azzi Fudd her form is near perfect and always looks the same everytime she shoots it! The rainbow arc on her shot also makes it hard for defenders to block her shot so I’m very excited to see her next year.

One thing that stood out to me during the game was at the 41:00 minute mark when she got a defensive board and one handed outlet passed it to a teammate for an easy score. That play made me smile! We are getting a special talent indeed!
Her three ball is there. She's an elite level shooter from the arc.

I already knew she had that three ball (even though I never really saw it until I watched this game), so I was most impressed by her passing and ball handling. She's deceptively quick with the ball and off the dribble, and she's already a three level scorer even with the way she slashes to the basket and her stop and pop midrange jumper.

What I'm most excited about with this class is the midrange shooting. Fulwiley is good in that area and Kitts has already displayed her ability to work that midrange at SC.. I've heard Tessa mention in a few interviews now that she's really been working on her midrange shooting, and in this game you can see her trying to get that turnaround jumper off (she's a big Michael Jordan fan I hear). She's already a handful, but If she gets her midrange jumper at the same level as her three ball she's going to be very tough to contain.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the new year...Imma try to be nicer to the fans/team from down under. But the new year isn't here yet so....

Gonna be exciting for the fans in Colonial next season to hear less clanging off of the rims ;)

Reaction Score
In the new year...Imma try to be nicer to the fans/team from down under. But the new year isn't here yet so....

Gonna be exciting for the fans in Colonial next season to hear less clanging off of the rims ;)

PleasedIndelibleBlackrussianterrier-max-1mb.gif

Reaction Score

:rolleyes: Yeah, yeah, yeah. All that clanking is fine with me as long as we have all that swatting at the other end.

Reaction Score

Meh, clanging just means another offensive rebound and put back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown