Gamecocks 2022, part IV | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Iowa fans are apoplectic about this. Cry harder, ppl of the corn.
I don’t understand the whole “Boston has 10 All-Americans” argument Iowa fans are touting. Like — doesn’t that strengthen her case? Producing statistics and efficiency metrics when you’re sharing the court with other capable scorers, rebounders, and defenders? I understand Clark doesn’t have the same supporting cast but it’s not like she’s being quintuple-teamed every game. No team in their right mind is leaving four players unguarded.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Also of lesser note but still sweet: we finished the season 35-2. The 35 wins set a new single-season record for most wins in a season, passing the 34 wins in the 2014-15 season......

congrats

Reaction Score
Congratulations to SC on winning the '22 Nat'l championship. You were, and have maintained your #1 ranking from the pre-season til the end, and no other team, including my beloved Huskies, managed to shake you. You did encounter two "bruises", but you got back up each time and went to work. Congrats again, enjoy the celebrations, and be safe. As a UCONN fan, I know the joy you and your fans are feeling now, and it's long-lasting. Be safe. See you next year!

Reaction Score
Honestly I don’t even think it should be a topic of discussion right now…do you understand how many games these two teams have to play before thinking about this??? I can’t tell you what to post but can we at least wait a couple weeks and see how this tournament plays out??? There’s no guarantee either team will make the final four so let’s take this one game at a time!!! Talking about counting the eggs before they hatch…best of luck to both teams!!!! I’m done!
This aged well.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
SC was cut and dry the best team this year and should be the title favorite again in 2023 with Boston and Co. back, plus homecourt until the Final Four. Dawn also seems to be doubling down on recruiting top athletes opposed to going after extremely developed basketball players, and it works well for her. SC's length and size is unmatched by anybody, and next year they bring in maybe the best athlete from the 2022 class in Watkins, plus a long athletic 6-0 guard in Cooper. Not to mention former #2 recruit Raven Johnson is back and likely takes the PG reigns if Henderson declares. Even after Boston and Co. leave in 2023 (assuming they declare), they'll have elite athleticism at all positions and should stay in the title hunt for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Henderson declares for the draft with the way she spoke after the game last night...

I think the big question mark for me is, who else is returning for a super senior year? Saxton, Littleton, Wesolek? I'm really curious to see what Saxton does. I think she could get drafted this year but I wonder if another year of development will raise her stock...and if she stays, will that affect the decisions for those waiting in line behind her (mostly Amihere).

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Henderson declares for the draft with the way she spoke after the game last night...

I think the big question mark for me is, who else is returning for a super senior year? Saxton, Littleton, Wesolek? I'm really curious to see what Saxton does. I think she could get drafted this year but I wonder if another year of development will raise her stock...and if she stays, will that affect the decisions for those waiting in line behind her (mostly Amihere).
I think Saxton is the wildcard but I expect everyone else to leave unless they want to stay for academic reasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Saxton is the wildcard but I expect everyone else to leave unless they want to stay for academic reasons. I hope Wesolek transfers, she deserves to play some real minutes but there's just too much talent around her here. I also think Russell is probably gone too, I hope we can keep everybody else.
Transfer speculation is not permitted on this board unless and until a player enters thee portal.

Santon 5th year speculation ok. Russel T speculation is not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Here’s a good GCC roster summary overview for next season. Beal being draft eligible the one interesting nugget I was unaware of (agree that she’s not leaving).

Will be interesting to see where Saxton falls in the draft. It’s unfortunate she was never able to develop a consistent midrange
jumper as an away from the basket weapon. If she had she would likely be in the discussion to possibly be a first rounder or early 2nd.

Littleton’s boyfriend is Jaylin Dickerson who has retired to be an SA with the football team. Does that keep her here if she decides to do a sixth year? Does she want to do a sixth year of college? Could she GT out? Very interesting what she chooses. Would be surprised if she declares for the draft.

Reaction Score
I was about to make that post. They just won a Natty the day before....wow....any idea who ?
Many looking at Barker. Of course with the transfer portal, could be someone there. Less like but possibly a ‘24 recruit ready to make an early commitment. Hopeful it won’t be long til it’s known.

Reaction Score
Many looking at Barker. Of course with the transfer portal, could be someone there. Less like but possibly a ‘24 recruit ready to make an early commitment. Hopeful it won’t be long til it’s known.
Or it could be Blackwell

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Transfer speculation is not permitted on this board unless and until a player enters thee portal.

Santon 5th year speculation ok. Russel T speculation is not.
I thought it was just for UCONN players in regards to transfer speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom