Gamecocks 2022, part III | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think I heard Dawn report that she had a 30" standing vertical. There's a reason we have her handling the tip-off...
There's a pamphlet you can download about the team if you Google " Victaria Saxton vertical" .
It says that her standing vertical is 30.3 inches ( can reach 10ft 5), Rivers is 29.8 inches ( can reach 10ft 5) and Amihere is 27 inches (can reach 10ft 9). The pamphlet says that 10 of our 16 players can do a standing jump of over 25 inches. It also states that 8 of our players can do a broad jump of at least 8 feet and again Saxton leads the way at about 9 ft 4.5.

I was pretty confident Saxton was a track athlete in high school but these numbers basically confirmed to me she had to been one.

Reaction Score
Who do you believe that Tennessee should've lost to prevent them from going 7-0 in SEC?

I thought Arkansas had a close chance twice didn’t take the opportunity to win as well as Georgia in Athens. They seemed like they gave up half way through the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
I thought Arkansas had a close chance twice didn’t take the opportunity to win as well as Georgia in Athens. They seemed like they gave up half way through the 4th quarter.
Frankly, they would have lost to Arkansas in the 2nd game if not for Makayla Daniels getting injured. They really weren't playing that well, and Daniels is their best player.

Georgia was a really good win for them. It was the recipe for teams that give them fits: pesky defensive-oriented guard who can also take over offensively, plus a talented big with shooting range. They played really well to come away with that win.

Reaction Score
Still don't know the roster for team Canada with Amihere but it's looking likely that we will be without both Cardoso and Amihere for the next few games due to the World Cup qualifiers.

Reaction Score
So, we will be without Amihere and Cardosa for Kentucky and Georgia?

Not worried about Kentucky (much), but the Georgia game could present some problems. Staiti plays Boston tough! It could be physical and Boston could have some foul trouble. Both backup bigs will be gone. That leaves freshman Feagin. Can she rebound and play defense against Georgia's bigs? Can she be relied on offensively enough for the Dawgs to not worry about her.

Reaction Score
So, it's Feagin Time! Let's hope she can step up.
Yep! I'm guessing heavier doses of Feagin and Grissett for the next few games. I don't see a problem with Kentucky. I wish we would have Cardoso and Amihere to match up with Georgia, but it is what it is. We can still win those games without them as long as there are no injuries and Saxton/Boston do not get in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Yep! I'm guessing heavier doses of Feagin and Grissett for the next few games. I don't see a problem with Kentucky. I wish we would have Cardoso and Amihere to match up with Georgia, but it is what it is. We can still win those games without them as long as there are no injuries and Saxton/Boston do not get in foul trouble.

Georgia bigs outside of Stati doesn’t do much in fact none of them average over 8ppg or 5 rpg we should be fine. watching Georgia vs Tenn we should kill them on the boards regardless they struggle big time in that department.

Reaction Score
Georgia bigs outside of Stati doesn’t do much in fact none of them average over 8ppg or 5 rpg we should be fine. watching Georgia vs Tenn we should kill them on the boards regardless they struggle big time in that department.

Cardosa and Amihere combine for about 13 pts per game and 11 rebounds off the bench. Victaria averages 5. 8 and 4.8 (and has 25 blocks). We will need contribution from Feagin and/or LeLe.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Wesolek is going to go on the floor and shock us all. But seriously this is a great opportunity for Feagin to get some experience and get more into the rotation.

Reaction Score
Some of y’all are so dramatic lol. Weren’t we without both at LSU? I trust Dawn knows what she’s doing and our bench is much better now than they were in early January and missing them.

Reaction Score
Cardosa and Amihere combine for about 13 pts per game and 11 rebounds off the bench. Victaria averages 5. 8 and 4.8 (and has 25 blocks). We will need contribution from Feagin and/or LeLe.

They will I don’t question their ability to step up. Feagin will also be in front of family and friends she could have a big day who knows.

Reaction Score
Perhaps Wesolek is going to go on the floor and shock us all. But seriously this is a great opportunity for Feagin to get some experience and get more into the rotation.
I had really forgotten Wesolek but she gave us some meaningful minutes in 2019/20

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think this is Feagin’s opportunity to shine and grab more playing time down the stretch. Grab it and take it.

Rivers and Hall have been so solid. And they’re going to be very good at SC. It’s Feagin’s turn now.

Reaction Score
I hadn't ever thought of Saxton as a freakish athlete...good defender obviously...does she have a huge vertical? Just never thought about it.
She has at least a 30-inch vertical leap. The average NBA player is 28-30 Inches.

Reaction Score
Feagin will be ready. It’s her turn. Stati stays in foul trouble too so let’s hope that’s the case. This is the time for Boston to show why she should be NPOY. She’s got her work cut out for her. Lele can play the 4 and move V to 5 to give Aliyah a break. I’m excited to see how it goes.

Reaction Score
Feagin will be ready. It’s her turn. Stati stays in foul trouble too so let’s hope that’s the case. This is the time for Boston to show why she should be NPOY. She’s got her work cut out for her. Lele can play the 4 and move V to 5 to give Aliyah a break. I’m excited to see how it goes.

She's been showing it all season. The only reason she has her work cut out is the national media keeps moving the bar for Aliyah Boston. When has it ever been a factor to minimize a NPOY's accomplishments because they are on a talented team? If that's going to become a thing, Paige should never be in the running. Aliyah is a complete player. She is double and sometimes tripled teamed by the some of the best teams in the country. She still makes her shots while unselfishly sharing the rock.

Reaction Score
She's been showing it all season. The only reason she has her work cut out is the national media keeps moving the bar for Aliyah Boston. When has it ever been a factor to minimize a NPOY's accomplishments because they are on a talented team? If that's going to become a thing, Paige should never be in the running. Aliyah is a complete player. She is double and sometimes tripled teamed by the some of the best teams in the country. She still makes her shots while unselfishly sharing the rock.

Boston is a more complete player. She excels at BOTH ends of the floor. For ME...that's the difference if I'm forced to make comparisons. These awards get a thumbs down from me. If it's a player award, then TEAM shouldn't enter the conversation. If the award is for who scores the most points, then they should name the award accordingly. As named...IMO, it's not just about points or the TEAM.

Reaction Score
Boston is a more complete player. She excels at BOTH ends of the floor. For ME...that's the difference if I'm forced to make comparisons. These awards get a thumbs down from me. If it's a player award, then TEAM shouldn't enter the conversation. If the award is for who scores the most points, then they should name the award accordingly. As named...IMO, it's not just about points or the TEAM.
Agreed with the exception that I think the team accomplishments should be factored into the equation. As can be witnessed by Rickea Jackson and Lavender Briggs, sometimes a players with great stats could be an issue in the overall team goal of winning games. If a team isn't winning despite these great feats, then I think that could be reflection on the player in contention for these awards. It really comes down to a case by case basis but overall wins could become a factor if a player has great stats due to selfish play (FYI I don't consider Caitlin Clark as a selfish player).

Reaction Score

Oh I absolutely agree. I’m as disgusted with the CC stuff as you are. But she’ll have a lot more minutes that she’ll have to play and against Georgia she’ll have to take care of Stati. The Olympians should be back by Monday so her reinforcements should be ready. one thing all this back and forth has done is maybe people will watch to see what the fuss is all about. Many people that jumped in the argument this week have only seen the quick clip of CC shooting (and making) desperation 3s, as she crossed center court, trying to bring her team from 20 points back. I hope they see the WORK AB has to do all game.

Reaction Score
Agreed with the exception that I think the team accomplishments should be factored into the equation. As can be witnessed by Rickea Jackson and Lavender Briggs, sometimes a players with great stats could be an issue in the overall team goal of winning games. If a team isn't winning despite these great feats, then I think that could be reflection on the player in contention for these awards. It really comes down to a case by case basis but overall wins could become a factor if a player has great stats due to selfish play (FYI I don't consider Caitlin Clark as a selfish player).
Nor do I. Look at her assists! She is an offensive machine.

However, she and her team play half the game of basketball: Offense. She and her team need to improve on defense. I would choose Ayoka Lee in front of Clark,

Reaction Score
Nor do I. Look at her assists! She is an offensive machine.

However, she and her team play half the game of basketball: Offense. She and her team need to improve on defense. I would choose Ayoka Lee in front of Clark,
Clark is an amazing player and sure is fun to watch. She is a scoring machine and she provides for her teammates extremely well.

It would be cool to see Lee though on a team with a little more support than she does at KSU. What she has done this year has been nothing short of remarkable.

As far as POY I have to go with Boston, she is a walking double double and is on pace to catch Fowles with the double double streak. What she does offensively, on the boards and on defense is what separates her IMO from the others. Her success is simply invaluable and a giant reason SC is #1 and their success (not saying SC doesn't have other great players).

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This is Feagin's opportunity to prove she deserves more playing time. We could move Brea up to the 4 at times.

Reaction Score
This is Feagin's opportunity to prove she deserves more playing time. We could move Brea up to the 4 at times.
Dawn mentioned both Feagin in Wesolek in her press conference getting extra reps in practice, along with Lele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom