Gamecocks 2022, Part II | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Theoretically, but she'll get drafted as soon as she's eligible.
I figured 3 is more likely. Don't think we keep her for four years.
Well yes I figured we wouldn't keep her for the full 4 years, but I just wanted clarification about her eligibility. I would assume we would have her for at least 2 years but I hope she will stay for a 3rd year. Losing the 2019 class+Cardoso all in one go would be a huge loss of talent to replenish.

Reaction Score
Watkins coming out with her top 4 destroys my theory that she was the commit Coach tweeted about this summer.

Reaction Score
Watkins coming out with her top 4 destroys my theory that she was the commit Coach tweeted about this summer.

Well, all three of our 2022 prospects of interest released lists after Dawn's tweet so maybe it was Fulwiley, Emma Risch or some other '23 prospect.

Reaction Score
Well, all three of our 2022 prospects of interest released lists after Dawn's tweet so maybe it was Fulwiley, Emma Risch or some other '23 prospect.
Stack or Groot also possible I guess. Or someone that has put up a list since isn't out of question just unusual.

Reaction Score
Well yes I figured we wouldn't keep her for the full 4 years, but I just wanted clarification about her eligibility. I would assume we would have her for at least 2 years but I hope she will stay for a 3rd year. Losing the 2019 class+Cardoso all in one go would be a huge loss of talent to replenish.

I don't think Cardoso is a sure fire player to stick in the WNBA yet. Has some weaknesses defensively that can be taken advantage of and some conditioning issues. She can rebound well though and has a nice touch to finish inside.

Reaction Score
it Could be anybody really. There’s gotta be a reason the birdie hasn’t been revealed. Maybe they just wanted their moment. Sooner or later it will make sense - I just hope it’s sooner. :)

Reaction Score
I don't think Cardoso is a sure fire player to stick in the WNBA yet. Has some weaknesses defensively that can be taken advantage of and some conditioning issues. She can rebound well though and has a nice touch to finish inside.
She's not eligible for the WNBA for another two years, I believe by then she would definitely be ready and a first round pick, but for my own selfish reasons I hope she stays for 3.

I do agree with you on your observations. Under Dawn Staley, I expect her conditioning and defensive skills to vastly improve, especially since she'll get to practice with the likes of Boston and Amihere everyday, the latter of which really took advantage of Cardoso's weaknesses in their Americup matchup.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
It’s been so long that I completely forgot we had a commitment.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yes, but you can't teach 6'7" and Dawn will get her playing defense.

Reaction Score
6-7 with a condor's wing span.

I have no doubt we will lead the NCAA in blocked shots again and over the next three years, Well, actually we led in total number of blocks but Syracuse tied us for blocked shots per game. Hmmmm, I wonder how they did that. ;)

Reaction Score
Risch release a top 7 list a couple of months back

Reaction Score
Risch release a top 7 list a couple of months back
I.m not finding it. She has an All-South offer list of us, NCState, Louisville and most of the Universities of (name a Southern state)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I.m not finding it. She has an All-South offer list of us, NCState, Louisville and most of the Universities of (name a Southern state)
North Carolina, Ole Miss, Florida State, South Florida, Clemson, Florida, Miami(FL) So. Miss, Alabama, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Va Tech, So. Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, Central Florida, Michigan, NC State, Tennessee, Maryland, Vanderbilt, FGC, Purdue, Rutgers and probably a couple more in the last week.

No Top list yet.

Reaction Score
North Carolina, Ole Miss, Florida State, South Florida, Clemson, Florida, Miami(FL) So. Miss, Alabama, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Va Tech, So. Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, Central Florida, Michigan, NC State, Tennessee, Maryland, Vanderbilt, FGC, Purdue, Rutgers and probably a couple more in the last week.

No Top list yet.

She's been relatively quiet on Twitter ever since this post and I believe Dawn made her birdie announcement a few days later, which is why some think she might be the commit.

Reaction Score
I don't people understand how Dawn level of coaching can bring the best out a player.... I never expected Boston to be playing at a high level game 1. Because the McDonald's All American game, she looked like she needed work. Boom Dawn had her looking like a star game 1

Reaction Score
If Tierra McCowan is in the WNBA-Cardoso is a WNBA albeit limited.

Reaction Score
She's been relatively quiet on Twitter ever since this post and I believe Dawn made her birdie announcement a few days later, which is why some think she might be the commit.
...but she is a 2023 commit unless she is reclassifying

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Yeah but she visited NC after the SCAR visit.

Reaction Score
I’ve come to believe the birdie was a very early silent commit from Arnold. Risch and Arnold visit and Dawn’s tweet were all on 6/26.

I don’t expect Risch to be a Gamecock. She will probably end up at one of the Oregon schools. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom