Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
for athletes. Cardozo isn’t on there either because she wasn’t there over 2 semesters.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yall chicken fans are slipping smh. Guess i have to do everything around here. As ive said in the past.. UVA was the WBB team i rooted for as a youth.. And Staley was my favorite player.. I was crushed when they lost three straight years in the final four.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Didn’t Coates make the Indiana roster? It’s not a great look to forget Coates. She was on a natty winning team just like everybody else here (minus Tiff).

Reaction Score
Didn’t Coates make the Indiana roster? It’s not a great look to forget Coates. She was on a natty winning team just like everybody else here (minus Tiff).
Someone in the comments asked about Alaina and they answered, “She’ll be with the Fever soon”, so Lay will likely get her own post the first game she’s active and available. Kiki too when hopefully some team signs her.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
South Carolina brings in Cooper and Watkins....both McDonalds all- Americans. I don't think South Carolina lost anything with Rivers that Watkins couldn't replace.....I have seen Cooper play....she's in a league of her own. My hometown will furnish the next great star with Joyce Edwards....now that's a talented girl ! That Camden team started a 7th grader, a freshman and three sophomores that played for the state title.....they will be a power for the next few years.

Reaction Score
It for opening day. They had to edit Kaela Davis in there at the last minute because she got resigned. Alaina is still overseas playing. That’s why she isn’t included on the opening day poster.

Reaction Score
South Carolina brings in Cooper and Watkins....both McDonalds all- Americans. I don't think South Carolina lost anything with Rivers that Watkins couldn't replace.....I have seen Cooper play....she's in a league of her own. My hometown will furnish the next great star with Joyce Edwards....now that's a talented girl ! That Camden team started a 7th grader, a freshman and three sophomores that played for the state title.....they will be a power for the next few years.
Can they beat Fulwiley and Keenan in ‘22/‘23?

Reaction Score
Amihere has graduated.

The scary part is that the portal is not closed to her. She could transfer as a grad and be eligible IMMEDIATELY.
Conversely, she could stay at South Carolina for two more years and complete a graduation degree during that time. That she is All SEC academic, I'm guessing she won't have a problem getting into the graduate program of her choice.

Whatever, I congratulate her for graduating in three The 2019 recruiting class has been amazing - on and off the court. Boston is an Academic All American and all 5 are All SEC Academics,

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amihere has graduated.

The scary part is that the portal is not closed to her. She could transfer as a grad and be eligible IMMEDIATELY.
Conversely, she could stay at South Carolina for two more years and complete a graduation degree during that time. That she is All SEC academic, I'm guessing she won't have a problem getting into the graduate program of her choice.

Whatever, I congratulate her for graduating in three The 2019 recruiting class has been amazing - on and off the court. Boston is an Academic All American and all 5 are All SEC Academics,
Graduates also had to enter the portal by May 1 to be eligible.

Reaction Score
Amihere has graduated.

For some reason I think we will have Amihere for two more years. Like you said, she has a chance to complete her grad degree and be the focal point of the offense after Boston leaves. I guess it depends on how anxious she is to play pro ball.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Can they beat Fulwiley and Keenan in ‘22/‘23?
With Camden having more overall talent so I am going to say yes....but I think they (Keenan) are dropping down to 2A.....maybe they will play in the regular season.

Reaction Score
For some reason I think we will have Amihere for two more years. Like you said, she has a chance to complete her grad degree and be the focal point of the offense after Boston leaves. I guess it depends on how anxious she is to play pro ball.
I wouldn’t doubt that either. LA is very much a STUDENT athlete and she’s also very active in student govt and on the SEC council. She actually could leave now, go overseas and play pro ball and enter the draft next year. (She could have declared this year since she graduated. ). I’ll just be glad when these Covid classes are done. I feel bad for high schoolers right now.

Reaction Score
Amihere has graduated.

I saw her graduation pics, and wondered if she’d already completed four years, but your post has clarified that for me. Kudos to her, and all the student athletes. Not only those at SCar and UCONN, but to all schools, regardless of the divisions, because they have worked hard to become successful participants in the world.

And thank you for sharing your team’s success with us BYers.

Reaction Score
There was a question asked on our 247 board about Mary Ashley Groot's offer status with us. She's class of '23 and played with Cardinal Newman before transferring to The Dalton School in NY. Her family has extensive ties to Carolina iirc.

Anyway, the question was have we offered her? Last I heard we'd offered a PWO but not a scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom