Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2022-23: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meh. Nice article and definitely about what I would expect to read from somebody transferring from one program to another. Valid points made about her being unable to take official visits and her shooting woes from beyond the arc.

If I’m being honest, I’m still a little salty about losing Rivers. I think she’s immensely talented and a future AA.. and honestly I wish her well. But I’m quietly over hearing about her.. she’s a rival now. I’m glad she’s happy but I’m moving on. Begrudgingly.

No love lost here. Seems the 3 who stayed are grounded and know exactly what they want for their careers. Losing Rivers would’ve stung more if we didn’t have a replacement for her athleticism and length, but with Cooper coming in I feel just fine.

Reaction Score
I chuckled about the "My teammates didn't want me to shoot. Every time she shot and the ball would hit the side of the back board people would question why she was shooting too." I mean, you have to earn your PT. If she thought she should get in the game just because she was from NC that is a problem. Incredible athlete. I hope she'll be happy at NC State. IDK if we play them again next year but that game will be fun.
There was a definitely a disconnect with her shooting compared to the rest of her game. I have never seen someone looks so solid and amazing in their game and miss so badly at times. But if I'm being honest, if my teammate is shooting only 25% from the field, I would be hesitant of them as well especially if the goal is a national title.

Reaction Score
Will Dawn bring in a 5-player class next year or will she hit the portal hard? We will have about 6 players left after next year's graduation. Cardosa will be draft eligible so she may leave as well. I think she will go after 4 or 5 high school kids and maybe 1 or 2 from the portal.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Will Dawn bring in a 5-player class next year or will she hit the portal hard? We will have about 6 players left after next year's graduation. Cardosa will be draft eligible so she may leave as well. I think she will go after 4 or 5 high school kids and maybe 1 or 2 from the portal.
I think Cardoso stays. She wants to be a top 5 draft pick and she’s not there yet. I think you bring in 3-4 in 2023, and probably hit the portal for 1-2.

Cardoso, Feagin, Hall, Johnson, Watkins, Cooper is a solid nucleus, but depending on how our ‘21 kids develop you will definitely need to bring in a top 3 class in ‘23 and a few ready to go portal kids if we wanna stay at or near the top.

SC will be stacked again in 2023, but there’s definitely room on the roster after that. The good thing is that we won’t be the only team reloading.

Reaction Score
I think Rivers will be very good and will be something we missed out on that I don't think Cooper replaces. Wish her the best.

Reaction Score
I chuckled about the "My teammates didn't want me to shoot. Every time she shot and the ball would hit the side of the back board people would question why she was shooting too." I mean, you have to earn your PT. If she thought she should get in the game just because she was from NC that is a problem. Incredible athlete. I hope she'll be happy at NC State. IDK if we play them again next year but that game will be fun.
@TC22, I too chuckled hard at Saniya’s statement about her teammates not wanting her to shoot. But, I just look at it as the words of a young talented over-confident player, who didn’t understand all the intricate areas of the WCBB game. However, she has won a championship with the nation’s #1 team, is a year older, and has now joined another team. I’m hoping that she’ll Grow up a little bit, use all her talents and lead her new team to a national championship. Nothing but best wishes to her.

Reaction Score
I think Rivers will be very good and will be something we missed out on that I don't think Cooper replaces. Wish her the best.

I’ve seen both play in person on multiple occasions. Cooper will provide all the qualities Rivers has, and she’s a better shooter.

Reaction Score
I think Cooper is a better shooter and she is good athlete. However, Rivers is an elite athlete. I will miss seeing her glide up and down the court. In the end I think Cooper will be just as good if not better than Rivers.

Reaction Score
I think Cardoso stays. She wants to be a top 5 draft pick and she’s not there yet. I think you bring in 3-4 in 2023, and probably hit the portal for 1-2.

Cardoso, Feagin, Hall, Johnson, Watkins, Cooper is a solid nucleus, but depending on how our ‘21 kids develop you will definitely need to bring in a top 3 class in ‘23 and a few ready to go portal kids if we wanna stay at or near the top.

SC will be stacked again in 2023, but there’s definitely room on the roster after that. The good thing is that we won’t be the only team reloading.
As far as Cardosa, I hope you are right. She might take that step this season, which is why I am not sure about her coming back. It would be nice to get Del Rosario for insurance. I feel confident we will land her for some reason. She knows she will get develop here and will be a focal point. My wish list is Fulwiley, Del Rosario, Kitts, and Williams. I know people think Williams is a long shot. However, they thought the same thing about Boston. If coach Law is on her, it will not surprise me if we land her as well.

Reaction Score
As far as Cardosa, I hope you are right. She might take that step this season, which is why I am not sure about her coming back. It would be nice to get Del Rosario for insurance. I feel confident we will land her for some reason. She knows she will get develop here and will be a focal point. My wish list is Fulwiley, Del Rosario, Kitts, and Williams. I know people think Williams is a long shot. However, they thought the same thing about Boston. If coach Law is on her, it will not surprise me if we land her as well.
Personally for 23’ I would like to see us land Fulwiley, Watkins(we are actually recruiting her very hard for a west coast girl), and any of Kitts/Booker/Prosper.

For 24’ Cambridge, Edwards, and Thomas or Koval.

Reaction Score
@TC22, I too chuckled hard at Saniya’s statement about her teammates not wanting her to shoot. But, I just look at it as the words of a young talented over-confident player, who didn’t understand all the intricate areas of the WCBB game. However, she has won a championship with the nation’s #1 team, is a year older, and has now joined another team. I’m hoping that she’ll Grow up a little bit, use all her talents and lead her new team to a national championship. Nothing but best wishes to her.
I agree with all you said except the leading her new team to a national championship. :)

Reaction Score
I hope this second NC leads to recruits from west of the Mississippi committing to come to USC. I had to familiarize with the Williams and Watkins names you were mentioning b/c I pretty much pay little mind to recruits from the SW and pacific parts of the country since Dawn hasn’t had success yet getting those top HS recruits to come here (Betts being the last one I payed attention to and of course, :(). I pretty have concentrated more on recruits from the east and Midwest.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Lol we have the same exact wish list.

Reaction Score
Lol we have the same exact wish list.

Same for me as well, however I REALLY like Watkins. I would be fine if we got Williams but in watching Watkins frequently I get goose bumps every time. 6-2, long, incredible handles, extremely high motor on both ends, and a shot maker from everywhere. She has obliterated the EYBL circuit so far and I like our chances because I’m hearing she’s not exactly set on staying West. She wants to be seen in prime time action on the big stage and in front of larger crowds. Who does that sound like? ;)

Reaction Score
Same for me as well, however I REALLY like Watkins. I would be fine if we got Williams but in watching Watkins frequently I get goose bumps every time. 6-2, long, incredible handles, extremely high motor on both ends, and a shot maker from everywhere. She has obliterated the EYBL circuit so far and I like our chances because I’m hearing she’s not exactly set on staying West. She wants to be seen in prime time action on the big stage and in front of larger crowds. Who does that sound like? ;)
My only Ju Ju Watkins hmm moment is that Sierra Canyon is a manufactured program like IMG. Sometimes talent there is overestimated given the weakness in competition. However, EYBL AAU is a great indicator of talent. Would love to see her play over here in the east this year in EYBL action.

Reaction Score
I am adding Riley Staack to my 23 wish list as well as Mary Ashley Groot. Will they ever be starters? Probably not. … but they are solid rotational pieces imo .

Reaction Score
I hope this second NC leads to recruits from west of the Mississippi committing to come to USC. I had to familiarize with the Williams and Watkins names you were mentioning b/c I pretty much pay little mind to recruits from the SW and pacific parts of the country since Dawn hasn’t had success yet getting those top HS recruits to come here (Betts being the last one I payed attention to and of course, :(). I pretty have concentrated more on recruits from the east and Midwest.
Destiny Littleton is from California btw

Reaction Score
In 2024 there is a very underrated recruit out there thats stock will rise from AAU ball this Summer and subsequent High School Play.
Ja Morant’s sister. Teniya Morant. Not saying that we offer but I hope the staff tracks This prospect giving her family lineage and the history of the father getting results

Reaction Score
My only Ju Ju Watkins hmm moment is that Sierra Canyon is a manufactured program like IMG. Sometimes talent there is overestimated given the weakness in competition. However, EYBL AAU is a great indicator of talent. Would love to see her play over here in the east this year in EYBL action.

SC played multiple national powerhouse programs this past year and went 30-2. They played some schools from Texas, Powerhouse NewHope Academy, Powerhouse Christ The King, and then lost to both Etiwanda and La Jolla Country Day (Maxpreps Top 5 teams) and then turned around to beat both back to back and won the State Championship against another powerhouse Archbishop Mitty.

Last month in Hampton Va at Boo Williams, she averaged something like 28 ppg, 10 rpg, 4 apg, 4 spg, 2 bpg.

Last Summer for the u16 national squad she led the team with 18 ppg, 6 rpg, 6 spg, and 3 apg. She’s legit. Reminds me of Arike Ogunbowale and Jackie Young with her scoring ability. She can put up points in a blink of an eye, but you look twice and her other numbers are elite as well.

Boo Williams Highlights where she was MVP of session 1:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc04by9vPHl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Reaction Score
Destiny Littleton is from California btw
Yes, and the Gamecocks recruited her but she initially chose to stay close to home, finally getting her on the third try. Getting them on the transfer market is nice - better late than never, but I’m talking about high school commitments.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yes, and the Gamecocks recruited her but she initially chose to stay close to home, finally getting her on the third try. Getting them on the transfer market is nice - better late than never, but I’m talking about high school commitments.
Getting Watkins from off the West Coast would be a boom heard across WBB. If two national titles in 5 years doesn’t convince you that SC is legit, pulling one of the best prospects out of Cali in recent years will definitely do it.

Reaction Score
SC played multiple national powerhouse programs this past year and went 30-2. They played some schools from Texas, Powerhouse NewHope Academy, Powerhouse Christ The King, and then lost to both Etiwanda and La Jolla Country Day (Maxpreps Top 5 teams) and then turned around to beat both back to back and won the State Championship against another powerhouse Archbishop Mitty.

Last month in Hampton Va at Boo Williams, she averaged something like 28 ppg, 10 rpg, 4 apg, 4 spg, 2 bpg.

Last Summer for the u16 national squad she led the team with 18 ppg, 6 rpg, 6 spg, and 3 apg. She’s legit. Reminds me of Arike Ogunbowale and Jackie Young with her scoring ability. She can put up points in a blink of an eye, but you look twice and her other numbers are elite as well.

Boo Williams Highlights where she was MVP of session 1:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc04by9vPHl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Do . We are absolutely sure that she is not Bronny James lite. Who goes to the same school by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom