Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Arya Stark has like 65 confirmed kills, but a PG-13 love scene with a character that she might marry is freaking the Internet out. To provide some perspective, Arya killed two guys, cut them up, fed them to their Father (Frey), then killed Frey, and then killed Frey's whole scalitoing family.

Pretty much what I said a few posts up. I really think people are strange to be concerned about her minor sex scene when she did all that last season. When her character was even younger.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dead after Battle of Winterfell:
Bran Stark (He dies when the Night King dies)
Gendry
Theon Greyjoy
Eddison Tollett
Davos Seaworth
Melisandre (She'll show up)
Jorah Mormont
Lyanna Mormon
Greyworm
Beric Dondarrion
Podrick Payne
Brienne of Tarth (one of Brienne, Tormund or Jamie dies, I see Jamie needing to see Cersei again)

Alive after Battle of Winterfell
Jon Snow
Daenerys Targaryen
Jamie Lannister
Tyrion Lannister
Varys
Sansa Stark
Arya Stark
Samwell Tarly
Gilly (There is a small chance that the dead invade the crypt and kill all the women and children, otherwise all the womenfolk survive)
Tormund Giantsbane (Biggest wild card on the list, he's not needed going forward but if he dies then Jamie and Brienne have to get together. It's best if he is left to mourn Brienne vs any of the other alternatives)
Missandei
The Hound (Cleganebowl!!!)

Not in Winterfell:
Cersei Lannister
Hot Pie
Bronn
Yara Greyjoy
Euron Greyjoy
The Mountain (well, moving around anyway)
Qyburn

Reaction Score
In keeping with the cheese theme of episode 2, this was the first thing I thought of when Bran uttered this line:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wonder if any character will die, become undead, and then kill another of the known characters. That would be interesting.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They have done a really good job writing Sansa the last season and a half. They had to transition her from the moron she was in the first 4 seasons and the victim she was in season 5, into a credible leader, but keep her just Sansa-ey enough so that there is a thread from the early Sansa to current Sansa. They pulled it off.

I have wondered if Yohn Royce would have been a more important character if the actor playing him hadn't gotten so fat. He must weigh 250+.

I feel that Lyanna Mormont will have some kind of feel good ending like becoming Warden of the North or some like that. It would be kind of cheesy, but I won't get too worked up about it if that happens.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not very hard when Dead Ned doesn't have a freaking head.

Does that matter? He'd still be fully functional.

It seems the best way to 'incapacitate' a wight is to cut off their legs.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They have done a really good job writing Sansa the last season and a half. They had to transition her from the moron she was in the first 4 seasons and the victim she was in season 5, into a credible leader, but keep her just Sansa-ey enough so that there is a thread from the early Sansa to current Sansa. They pulled it off.

I have wondered if Yohn Royce would have been a more important character if the actor playing him hadn't gotten so fat. He must weigh 250+.

I feel that Lyanna Mormont will have some kind of feel good ending like becoming Warden of the North or some like that. It would be kind of cheesy, but I won't get too worked up about it if that happens.

I tend to agree. I think Sophie has helped them in the same way the Royce actor hurt them. She's fully 6' tall barefoot. She's imposing, and isn't a little girl anymore as she was. It's easier to see her being a tough female leader. Writing was key, but I'll credit the actress as well.

As for Lyanna, they need to keep her alive for a spin-off series. Of course, 5-6 years from now she'll have a sex scene and everyone will freak out.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree. I think Sophie has helped them in the same way the Royce actor hurt them. She's fully 6' tall barefoot. She's imposing, and isn't a little girl anymore as she was. It's easier to see her being a tough female leader. Writing was key, but I'll credit the actress as well.

As for Lyanna, they need to keep her alive for a spin-off series. Of course, 5-6 years from now she'll have a sex scene and everyone will freak out.
I thought spin-offs were going to be prequels?

Reaction Score
I thought spin-offs were going to be prequels?
They will be. The confirmed one is The Long Night which is well before GOT present day. I'd imagine Robert's Rebellion will also be one

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Sophie Turner's post GoT career will be interesting. She aged well into adulthood, and definitely has the looks to be a star. She doesn't really have the charisma, but she is a decent actor. I don't think she will ever be an A list star, but I do think she could be anything from Andie McDowell or Minnie Driver on the upside, to any of 1,000 actresses that don't leverage a TV hit into a real career and end up doing straight to video movies and guest starring on C level TV shows within five years of their show going off the air. The X-Men movie coming out will be huge for her.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wonder why no Dany?

Very interesting. I actually give Dany higher odds than any of the Starks, including Jon. Ending her and the dragons plus night king, makes the remaining “game” pretty straightforward.

Reaction Score
The hot theory is that we haven't seen the Night King in the first two episodes because he's riding the ice dragon to King's Landing. Clips from prior seasons have foreshadowed a dragon flying over King's Landing and a destroyed Throne room with snow falling into it.

Last episode, at the end, there were a line of white walkers staring at the North and no Night King in that shot.

Of course, if the plan right now is using Bran as bait for the Night King....and there is no Night King around, that could pose an issue.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The hot theory is that we haven't seen the Night King in the first two episodes because he's riding the ice dragon to King's Landing. Clips from prior seasons have foreshadowed a dragon flying over King's Landing and a destroyed Throne room with snow falling into it.

Last episode, at the end, there were a line of white walkers staring at the North and no Night King in that shot.

Of course, if the plan right now is using Bran as bait for the Night King....and there is no Night King around, that could pose an issue.

I read this and think that would be awesome. It would also give the good guys in Winterfell a real shot at winning.

Reaction Score
How does Bronn make his reappearance? I see them showing him lining up a shot on Jamie with his crossbow and then having the bolt fly over Jamie's head into the white walker that was about to kill him. No way Bronn is crossing Jamie or Tyrion at this point.

Reaction Score
I've decided that the Knight King is a Stark. The twin brother of the family founder. You heard it here first. Only a Stark would be dumb enough to sneak into an ambush to kill Bran instead of waiting for his overwhelming advantage in numbers to tell.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I've decided that the Knight King is a Stark. The twin brother of the family founder. You heard it here first. Only a Stark would be dumb enough to sneak into an ambush to kill Bran instead of waiting for his overwhelming advantage in numbers to tell.
Night King vs. Sansa = Battle of the nitwits

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Night King vs. Sansa = Battle of the nitwits

You guys have it all wrong, over 7 seasons in, it becomes a musical! The whole winterfell cast faces down the Night King, busting out some Lou Graham after he spurns Sansa's advances. Featured vocal roles from Tormund, Jaime, Grey Worm, Jon...

You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love
You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price, I know

I've seen it before
It happens all the time
Closing the door
You leave the world behind

You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings
But someday you'll pay

You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love
You want paradise
But someday you'll pay the price, I know

I've seen it before
It happens all the time
Closing the door
You leave the world behind

You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings
But someday you'll pay

Jim

Reaction Score
The one flaw I see with this theory is that Bran has access to all current and past history. He said he knows where the army of the dead is. He should know where the Night King is. I don’t think the Night King can do any surprises with Bran around.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Interesting theories in this video:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Starks are scalitoheads and the writers are scalitoing with us to see how much fans will tolerate from the northern clown car that is the Starks. I can't take it anymore, and am rooting for the Night King tonight, as both a GoT fan and in my GoT pool.

My fan theory is that Martin's latest volume in the Song of Fire and Ice, Winds of Winter, is so bad that the publisher and Martin won't release it because it will crash the entire franchise, and so they keep pushing it off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom