Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can’t comprehend how they wasted their dragon advantage.

Dany's operational skills on a dragon are positively Stark-like. You can't let your dragon be mounted by earthbound, combustible, bags of bones. It's like having a potato gun take down an F-16.

Also,worst battle plan in history. The only mitigating factor was lack of preparation time.

Reaction Score
Dany's operational skills on a dragon are positively Stark-like. You can't let your dragon be mounted by earthbound, combustible, bags of bones. It's like having a potato gun take down an F-16.

Also,worst battle plan in history. The only mitigating factor was lack of preparation time.

Well the plan was to lure the night king to Bran and then take him out so the plan worked. Doing that without suffering massive destruction probably wasn't a real option

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well the plan was to lure the night king to Bran and then take him out so the plan worked. Doing that without suffering massive destruction probably wasn't a real option

Saying the plan worked is a bit of a stretch. That's like saying you have a successful business because, while hemorrhaging debt, you took your last dollar and hit the Power Ball.

The specifics of the plan were garbage.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Fun episode. It will be interesting to see how the north cleans up. The golden army is elite and 20k strong. I’d love to see Jaqen and the faceless men make an appearance before it ends. Can’t imagine they have more than a couple thousand troops at most left. Maybe a handful more from the iron islands. There should be an army in Dorn even if they don’t have a leader. And maybe Arya’s dire wolf and her roving pack. Plus one dragon.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah it was the dagger Bran gave to her in the Godswood a few episodes ago and told her she'd need this

That's originally Little Finger's. It's been hanging around since the first season.

Reaction Score
Saying the plan worked is a bit of a stretch. That's like saying you have a successful business because, while hemorrhaging debt, you took your last dollar and hit the Power Ball.

The specifics of the plan were garbage.

Facing overwhelmingly odds, what do they do? They order an entire army of dothraki to charge the dead beyond supporting cover fire. Then they order the rest of their forces to face the dead in open combat. Why not use your defensive fortifications fellas? Like the big goddam castle you all gathered at?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Fun episode. It will be interesting to see how the north cleans up. The golden army is elite and 20k strong. I’d love to see Jaqen and the faceless men make an appearance before it ends. Can’t imagine they have more than a couple thousand troops at most left. Maybe a handful more from the iron islands. There should be an army in Dorn even if they don’t have a leader. And maybe Arya’s dire wolf and her roving pack. Plus one dragon.

There's literally no Unsullied. No Dothraki. No Lyanna Mormont.

Maybe Ghost is going to go on a rampage instead of making Stan Lee-eque cameos.

Reaction Score
Stupid battle plan, and pretty much every battle plan in this show is dumb. Artillery in front of the infantry. Allowing yourself to commit to decisive battle before the enemy center of gravity is exposed. The Dothraki charge made Pickett’s charge look sensible.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A girl is Arya Stark. Very pleased with that result.

Why face Cersei in open battle? Just kill her. The bigger question is between Jon, Dany and Sansa. Will they unite? The game of thrones isn’t over. It’s just down to humans.

Reaction Score
A girl is Arya Stark. Very pleased with that result.

Why face Cersei in open battle? Just kill her. The bigger question is between Jon, Dany and Sansa. Will they unite? The game of thrones isn’t over. It’s just down to humans.

It would be great if Arya assassinated Cersei and just rendered every other storyline superfluous.

Littlefinger? Check.
Knight King? Check.
Cersei? Check.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The Knight King has been gathering an army for thousands of years and 8 seasons. He lasted only one episode of battle.

Definitely a Stark ancestor.
That’s my nit to pick with this episode. Good episode, not great. Just wish they weren’t dummies marching to an arbitrary abbreviated schedule. A thousand years of death and mayhem wasted because you ley yourself get stabbed by a girl.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Facing overwhelmingly odds, what do they do? They order an entire army of dothraki to charge the dead beyond supporting cover fire. Then they order the rest of their forces to face the dead in open combat. Why not use your defensive fortifications fellas? Like the big goddam castle you all gathered at?

Here's some basics for the noobz.

One Dragon on the walls.
One Dragon flying after the Knight king with focus being protecting the God's wood. Can't be there too early.
Love Theon and his pluck, but gimme Jorah or somebody like that guarding Bran
(Melisandre really has to show up earlier quite frankly and actually participate in the plan - but even so, clue in Arya in up front that she's gotta get it done)
Arya hides in God's Wood tree like a proper assassin would.

If you have the time, 6 or so similar trenches surrounding. the battle field. Allow the undead army to get most of the way across (it will be spread out). Use the dragon to light up all six trenches. So now the undead army is broken into 'slices'. Each slice can be dealt with. Dragon cleans up the farthest slices. Trebuchet's fire into the medium range slices. Fire burning arrows into the nearest slices. The Dothraki with their flaming swords are stationed around the back/sides of Winterfell. Once this is all going down, they ride around the back and pick off the undead horde from behind, including attacking the White Walkers.

Once they finally break through to the fortress, you have the walls slathered with pitch. Dragon lights the outside walls on fire while the undead are climbing up. Entire top of the castle lined with Dragon glass. More fire on the ramparts maybe.

And so on and so forth. You are gonna take heavy losses, but you sure as snow are gonna give yourself more time.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That’s my nit to pick with this episode. Good episode, not great. Just wish they weren’t dummies marching to an arbitrary abbreviated schedule. A thousand years of death and mayhem wasted because you ley yourself get stabbed by a girl.

And we got nothing from the White Walkers. Absolutely nothing.

They were bad ass as we saw in Hardhomme. They sat on their horses and pulled their puds. Then strolled leisurely through the God's Wood.

That's a waste.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom