Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

Reaction Score
There are only 6 episodes this season to do the following.

Get everyone in place (ep 1), one to set up the end game for the survivors (ep 2), the battle of the dead (ep 3), the aftermath (ep 4), answer the Jon/Dany question (ep 5), the final battle with Cersei, (ep 6)

I don't know any of this for sure but it would seem pretty straight forward.
And the next 4 episodes are all around 80 minutes so still a lot of time left

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
season sucks.

2 episodes in and Sansa still alive. I almost cant watch any more.

Boring.

I havent even finished last nights episode, and Ive tried twice already.

Well they are giving a nod to the books at least, Fatso limped to not even the finish line on that front. Looks like the show runners are ripping a page out of that imaginary book.

Reaction Score
All of this was necessary to set up the battle vs. the dead, but I feel like it could have been condensed into a single episode. They didn't need to spend 130 minutes on it.

Reaction Score
What is she supposed to act like? “Oh sure you can be the heir to the throne now even though I have thought I was the heir for the past decade, no worries uhhhh nephew.” Get real.

It's funny how most of the episode involved everyone trying to resolve differences and make amends, and then Sansa and Jon, in typical Stark obtuseness, both screw everything up -- Sansa with her "what about the North?" comment, and Jon dropping the "I'm the legitimate son of Rhaegar and I'll let you figure out what that means" bomb right before the battle starts . . .

Reaction Score
And speaking of stupidity, you're about to be attacked by a guy that literally raises people from the dead to fight in his army, and you're going to throw all of the women and children in a place with one way in or out, and 30 generations of dead people?

I can't believe we've been subjected to the awful Brandon Stark storyline for 8 years simply to create bait for the Knight King. 8 freakin years of tedious BS for that? Stupid kid didn't even figure out who John was on his own with the entire world's memory at his disposal. We needed Samwell Tarly and an unbelievable maester's diary that no one else ever knew about to get there.

I hope the Knight King finishes what Jamie started in Episode One.

Reaction Score
And speaking of stupidity, you're about to be attacked by a guy that literally raises people from the dead to fight in his army, and you're going to throw all of the women and children in a place with one way in or out, and 30 generations of dead people?

Ha, maybe we'll finally see Lady Stoneheart make an appearance.

Reaction Score
It's funny how most of the episode involved everyone trying to resolve differences and make amends, and then Sansa and Jon, in typical Stark obtuseness, both screw everything up -- Sansa with her "what about the North?" comment, and Jon dropping the "I'm the legitimate son of Rhaegar and I'll let you figure out what that means" bomb right before the battle starts . . .

Well the North has been the bill payer for pretty much everyone else’s misbehavior. 100% justified.

Dany had the right and should have been told.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't believe we've been subjected to the awful Brandon Stark storyline for 8 years simply to create bait for the Knight King. 8 freakin years of tedious BS for that? Stupid kid didn't even figure out who John was on his own with the entire world's memory at his disposal. We needed Samwell Tarly and an unbelievable maester's diary that no one else ever knew about to get there.

I hope the Knight King finishes what Jamie started in Episode One.

This rant is better in snively, whiney Snape voice. Post/Avatar.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I thought it was a solid episode.

I have no idea why people are unevered by Arya - Gendry. She's 18 in the show, 22 in real life. She's like him since season 2, he's among the few decent people in Westeros and she's about the fight the army of the dead as a virgin. "But she's a little girl"....who murdered how many people last season? Getting laid offends people's sensibilities but it's no biggie that she's a very successful assassin?

Jon had to tell Dany. She's acting like a complete Bitch. Besides, those two have been going at it and she's his aunt. And just the same way politicians drop news bombs on Friday at 5:00, she's out of time. She has no option but to play this out and sort it out later.

Sansa is owning the Lady of Winterfell thing. She finally gets it. She's a wolf. This is her pack. What about the North was very much the right question to ask. Dany has to feel like Arthur in Holy Grail as he runs into Dennis. "Well I didn't vote for you". "A watery tart throwing some dragon eggs at you is hardly the basis of a system of government".

Knighting Brienne was a nice touch. Jamie tying off with Bran was necessary. In the history of the world, has anyone named "Brandon" chosen to go by "Bran"? I doubt it.

Now the omission. Tyrion sat down and had a long chat with Bran. What does he now know? Does he know Jon is Aegon? They skipped that whole, potentially hugely interesting scene. That's no accident.

Reaction Score
Without question, 2 episodes into the final season and Sansa is the smartest person alive on the show. ADub really saw that one coming, huh?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Here are my predictions about who is not going to make it through Episode 8x03:

No chance of survival:

Beric - He was kept around to die in this battle

Delorus Edd - Won't need the Night's Watch after the next episode

75% chance of death:

Tormund - I think he was probably never intended to be that important a character, but the fans loved him and he was great for comic relief ("is she the one with dragons or the one that scalitos her brother?"). Other than Jon's sidekick, the show doesn't need him after the next episode.

Pod - He got his song to close out the last episode, but there is really no need for this character going forward either.

50% chance of death

Theon - I have been puzzled by the Theon Arc once the show diverged from the books. He has been a glorified red shirt since he lost Winterfell to Ramsay in Season 2. Having him die defending Bran, or possibly die while killing the Night King, would make the last 5 seasons of this character worthwhile.

Jorah - I don't see him making it to the end of the show, and the next episode would be a good way for him to go out.

Other possibilities:

Jaime - I don't see Jaime surviving the final episode, but I think he makes it through the battle against the Night King.

Bran - I don't know how Bran is the Night King would work, but if he isn't the Night King, I could see Bran and the NK both dying.

Grey Worm - I don't think he is going to see Narth.

Jon or Dany - Possible, don't know how to handicap these two.

Should be safe:

Arya and Hound - I think these two are going to go after the Mountain, so they have to survive the next battle.

Gendry - I think he ends up with one of the Stark girls (Foreshadowed when Robert wanted his son to marry Ned's daughter in season 1).

Tyrion - he may die, but it will be face to face with Cersei.

I think it is 60/40 the North defeats the Night King. I could see a Night King victory with significant casualties on both sides where he stops for some reason so the people can retreat.

Reaction Score

No chance of survival:

75% chance of death:

Tormund - I think he was probably never intended to be that important a character, but the fans loved him and he was great for comic relief ("is she the one with dragons or the one that scalitos her brother?"). Other than Jon's sidekick, the show doesn't need him after the next episode.

Pod - He got his song to close out the last episode, but there is really no need for this character going forward either.

50% chance of death

Theon - I have been puzzled by the Theon Arc once the show diverged from the books. He has been a glorified red shirt since he lost Winterfell to Ramsay in Season 2. Having him die defending Bran, or possibly die while killing the Night King, would make the last 5 seasons of this character worthwhile.

Jorah - I don't see him making it to the end of the show, and the next episode would be a good way for him to go out.

Other possibilities:

Jaime - I don't see Jaime surviving the final episode, but I think he makes it through the battle against the Night King.

Bran - I don't know how Bran is the Night King would work, but if he isn't the Night King, I could see Bran and the NK both dying.

Should be safe:

Arya and Hound - I think these two are going to go after the Mountain, so they have to survive the next battle.

Gendry - I think he ends up with one of the Stark girls (Foreshadowed when Robert wanted his son to marry Ned's daughter in season 1).

I think it is 60/40 the North defeats the Night King. I could see a Night King victory with significant casualties on both sides where he stops for some reason so the people can retreat.

My predictions:

Dead -- Beric, Edd, Tormund, Grey Worm, Theon, Jorah, and one of Brienne or Jamie (one will die protecting the other).

Wouldn't be surprised if they died -- Pod, Dany, Sandor Clegane. I feel like they've been setting Daenerys as a power hungry C you next tuesday for a reason. Clearly she won't step aside for Jon/Aegon, and I don't see how that gets resolved in three episodes with Cersei and the Golden Company also needing to be dealt with. Clegane Bowl sounds nice in principle but would just be a fan-fiction-y moment. I think that dying defending the living rounds out the Hound's redemption nicely, and ultimately Arya gets to kill the Mountain.

Reaction Score

No chance of survival:

75% chance of death:

50% chance of death

Other possibilities:

Should be safe:

Great call with Gendry. I think everyone who is in in the crypts survives (Tyrion, Sam, Sansa, etc). Everyone else is probably gone except Jon & maybe Dany.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

No chance of survival:

75% chance of death:

50% chance of death

Other possibilities:

Should be safe:

I think Dany and John will 100% survive this battle.

There is too much story line to be played out in regards to who sits on the Iron Throne. All that intrigue would evaporate with either one's death. I expect an entire episode (at least) to be focused on that story line.

And you didn't handicap Davos. I would love to see the Onion Knight somehow defeat Euron in the future, but that's too poetic even for this show.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Great call with Gendry. I think everyone who is in in the crypts survives (Tyrion, Sam, Sansa, etc). Everyone else is probably gone except Jon & maybe Dany.

That little girl with the scarred face is going to kill an undead Ned Stark.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This is a tough one to handicap.

I'm with the others that the ancillary charcters are going to take a big hit, and soon. Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Edd, Theon, Grey Worm, Pod. All goners in the battle to come. I think the Jamie - Brienne prediction is a good one, one or both will die. Tougher call with the Hound, Gendry, Lyanna Mormont, Sam.

Core Cast: somebody has to die from: Jon, Dany, Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, Bran, Jamie. Just Jamie would be weak. The most uncomplicated situation is that Dany and all three dragons die, along with the Night King. That leaves Jon as the sole heir to go to war against Cersei. Sansa is then free to back him as 50/50 Stark - Targaryen.

Problematic plot devices:
  • XX chromosome bowl: Jon dies, Sansa and Dany go to war vs. Cersei. Maybe with little Lyanna Mormont and Lara. Lame.
  • Who cares about the throne?: Jon and Dany die. Sansa would leave Cersei alone in Kings Landing. Tyrion would need to make the push. I don't see Gendry having it in him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This is a tough one to handicap.

I'm with the others that the ancillary charcters are going to take a big hit, and soon. Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Edd, Theon, Grey Worm, Pod. All goners in the battle to come. I think the Jamie - Brienne prediction is a good one, one or both will die. Tougher call with the Hound, Gendry, Lyanna Mormont, Sam.

Core Cast: somebody has to die from: Jon, Dany, Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, Bran, Jamie. Just Jamie would be weak. The most uncomplicated situation is that Dany and all three dragons die, along with the Night King. That leaves Jon as the sole heir to go to war against Cersei. Sansa is then free to back him as 50/50 Stark - Targaryen.

Problematic plot devices:
  • XX chromosome bowl: Jon dies, Sansa and Dany go to war vs. Cersei. Maybe with little Lyanna Mormont and Lara. Lame.
  • Who cares about the throne?: Jon and Dany die. Sansa would leave Cersei alone in Kings Landing. Tyrion would need to make the push. I don't see Gendry having it in him.

Per my message above, I don't see how Jon or Dany dies. The interplay between them is one of the central plot points going forward imo.

I could even see a scenario (long odds) where Jon and Dany go to war against each other as the last battle.

I also believe at least one dragon survives. I can't tell you which one, but in the opening credits, when they are showing the model of the Red Keep, they are very clear about showing the dragon killing crossbow, aiming directly at the head of the dragon as a doorway. I think that's foreshadowing a dragon making it to the Red Keep.

Apropos of nothing:

If Jaime were to kill the Knight King, he would have opened and closed the book on this era of Westeros. Reaffirming his moniker as Kingslayer. Killing both Fire and Ice.

I'm hoping the Knight King makes it through, and marches south. That means he killed Bran though, and Westeros is doomed. Unless Bran passes on enough knowledge to Tyrion to "count" in the ledger books.

Reaction Score
Without question, 2 episodes into the final season and Sansa is the smartest person alive on the show. ADub really saw that one coming, huh?

In fairness, he never pretended he was lip synching other people's words, so we were all forewarned not to credit him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I liked the first episode. Kinda needed that to pull everything together to move forward.

Then they went doubled down and, quite frankly, spread on some seriously thick cream cheese.

I still think of Arya Stark as 12 yrs old as she is in the books. So that scene was pretty freakin weird for me.

Arya Stark has like 65 confirmed kills, but a PG-13 love scene with a character that she might marry is freaking the Internet out. To provide some perspective, Arya killed two guys, cut them up, fed them to their Father (Frey), then killed Frey, and then killed Frey's whole scalitoing family.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
In fairness, he never pretended he was lip synching other people's words, so we were all forewarned not to credit him.
You want to bring the pool to the entertainment board?

Cool.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Arya Stark has like 65 confirmed kills, but a PG-13 love scene with a character that she might marry is freaking the Internet out. To provide some perspective, Arya killed two guys, cut them up, fed them to their Father (Frey), then killed Frey, and then killed Frey's whole scalitoing family.

Yeah, I clearly referred to it in the context that I still think of Arya as 12 years old. I said it was 'weird'.

Going real world with it, she has a nice side boob.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom