Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sansa. Total “see you next Tuesday” until the bitter end .
Tries to deny Bran the broken the throne.

He should be denied the throne but not by her.

Bran played them all. Bran rules all the good parts of the continent, while Jon Snow was sent into exile at the end of the world, Arya sailed to certain death, and Sansa is Queen of Siberia. Bran's got game.

Reaction Score
Wonder what all the haters will say in a few years when they find out this is all also what GRRM has planned

?

I've seen very few complain about most of the actual conclusions. It's the character and plot development getting there which has been terrible.

Reaction Score
?

I've seen very few complain about most of the actual conclusions. It's the character and plot development getting there which has been terrible.
Then I suggest you reread this thread about Dany and episode 5. Or anywhere else on the internet

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They butchered the rest of the season, and last season wasn't great either, but I liked this episode. I liked the Jon/Dany scene, Drogon burning the throne was a nice touch. I also like that there is no more bloodline rule. Jon killing Dany rang true, he's always done what is necessary, damn the consequences. I'm glad he redeemed himself by petting Ghost.

Reaction Score
Then I suggest you reread this thread about Dany and episode 5. Or anywhere else on the internet

Again, very few, except maybe like the Dany fans who like named their kids after her were opposed to her turning mad queen. If you had told me 4 seasons ago Dany would lose it and burn cities I'd say that sounds like a great ending can't wait to see it. It's how they got there that made no sense.

Reaction Score
Again, very few, except maybe like the Dany fans who like named their kids after her were opposed to her turning mad queen. If you had told me 4 seasons ago Dany would lose it and burn cities I'd say that sounds like a great ending can't wait to see it. It's how they got there that made no sense.
Maybe it's been exaggerated because we're at 26 pages and only about 10 people talking, but there's been a ton of complaining about the endings chosen for characters. It's not just the leadup

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The thousand year build up of the undead coming to takeover Westeros, undone in a single night by seemingly a handful of Dothraki and Unsullied and a single stab to the gut. What a waste.

The secret that Ned Stark guarded with his life, that could have (should have!) CHANGED EVERYTHING... ended up being completely pointless! Just go back to being Jon Snow north of the wall! COME ON

Then the whole GAME OF THRONES... yes fine if you want it bad enough it will destroy you, all well and good. How the hell do the other six kingdoms just sit there and let the Starks run train on them? Oh sure North, you can be free, totally cool that we’ll be under a Stark king why on earth would we want to be independent?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Hot garbage on a Sunday night.

1. There’s no way in Hades that the Dothraki and Unsullied were gonna let Jon Snow murder Dany and live. They would’ve stormed the cell. Greyworm was just cutting throats for the lady hours ago.Badly written
2. Bran the Broken was written as a neutral Buddha type character that was detached from “wants” and desires but now he always wanted to be king. Badly written
3. All in a sudden they instituted a system of selecting Kings ,on the spot, just so Tyrion doesn’t get killed. No more Nobles and serf , feudal system and we’re gonna vote Kings into power. Badly written
4. Jon Snow is just gonna walk down the street amongst Dothraki and Unsullied after killing Dany and nothing happens? Are you kidding me? Horribly written

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe it's been exaggerated because we're at 26 pages and only about 10 people talking, but there's been a ton of complaining about the endings chosen for characters. It's not just the leadup

Ok well I agree for some individual character arcs, but still if leadup was better done/is better done in the books, that could potentially change some opinions. Stuff from last week though was all about the build up

Reaction Score
Ok well I agree for some individual character arcs, but still if leadup was better done/is better done in the books, that could potentially change some opinions. Stuff from last week though was all about the build up
I think that's a reasonable take, not one I necessarily agree with but reasonable. But there are people who think Dany going mad or Bran on the Iron Throne (or whatever it is now) are bad endings which I find crazy

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
There are many problems with the final episode based on what happened before.
1) The Dothraki were all killed in their mad rush against the dead things. There's no way there are any left and certainly not in that number.
2) There's no way that Arya or Brienne would have been at the final council.
3) Wasn't the wall destroyed? Why is it intact at the end?
4) Why do you need a Nights Watch or the wall anymore?

Reaction Score
I think that's a reasonable take, not one I necessarily agree with but reasonable. But there are people who think Dany going mad or Bran on the Iron Throne (or whatever it is now) are bad endings which I find crazy

Nobody thinks Dany going mad was unreasonable (or at least nobody should). It was rushed but foreshadowed and they had so little time to make it right. It was the butchering of other character arcs that pissed most people off.

The writing went off the rails IMO but I'll be damned if there weren't several unbelievable shots in that episode. The scene where Dany addressed the warriors was stunning. I knew what was going to happen and think it was silly but thought it was a nice episode to end on given that the NK and Jaime arcs were already fubar. The show had a chance to be an all time great but the past 2 seasons have rendered it merely entertaining.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hot garbage on a Sunday night.

1. There’s no way in Hades that the Dothraki and Unsullied were gonna let Jon Snow murder Dany and live. They would’ve stormed the cell. Greyworm was just cutting throats for the lady hours ago.Badly written
2. Bran the Broken was written as a neutral Buddha type character that was detached from “wants” and desires but now he always wanted to be king. Badly written
3. All in a sudden they instituted a system of selecting Kings ,on the spot, just so Tyrion doesn’t get killed. No more Nobles and serf , feudal system and we’re gonna vote Kings into power. Badly written
4. Jon Snow is just gonna walk down the street amongst Dothraki and Unsullied after killing Dany and nothing happens? Are you kidding me? Horribly written

1) Once their queen was killed and dragon was gone, the Dothraki and Unsullied's standing in the country would have been a lot more dodgy. Also, they were fighting all these battles on a different continent. They were treated as almost mindless cyborgs, but I suspect both would want to leave relatively soon. If the book follows a similar arc, I am sure that will be addressed.

2) Bran would have been selected BECAUSE he was neutral and BECAUSE he couldn't have kids. He also wouldn't be from any of the Noble Houses. He was the perfect first king.

3) There were going to continue to be nobles. Weren't you paying attention when they all laughed at Tarly's idea of general elections? The Holy Roman Emperor was actually elected by the noble houses of that empire, so this is not an original idea.

4) See 1 above.

Essentially, not much changed. The North would be independent, but who wanted that scalitohole anyway? Otherwise, the Wheel would just keep rolling along.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nobody thinks Dany going mad was unreasonable (or at least nobody should). It was rushed but foreshadowed and they had so little time to make it right. It was the butchering of other character arcs that pissed most people off.

The writing went off the rails IMO but I'll be damned if there weren't several unbelievable shots in that episode. The scene where Dany addressed the warriors was stunning. I knew what was going to happen and think it was silly but thought it was a nice episode to end on given that the NK and Jaime arcs were already fubar. The show had a chance to be an all time great but the past 2 seasons have rendered it merely entertaining.

I think a lot of people are missing the point. Dany had her reasons, and she certainly didn't consider herself crazy. If you are looking at this from a simple "good vs. bad" perspective, you will miss the point of all of it.

I will say that they could have just ripped the Night King arc out completely and the show would have actually been better. Zombie Apocalypse was the least interesting part of Game of Thrones.

Reaction Score
Dany wasn't crazy. All of her moves made sense for real world of power. Even the most benevolent monarchs illicited a healthy amount of fear. Reality was the barrier the world her team wanted to build.

I hate they rushed the season, but I liked the ending. And they left a lot of doors opened.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people are missing the point. Dany had her reasons, and she certainly didn't consider herself crazy. If you are looking at this from a simple "good vs. bad" perspective, you will miss the point of all of it.

I will say that they could have just ripped the Night King arc out completely and the show would have actually been better. Zombie Apocalypse was the least interesting part of Game of Thrones.

At least D and D didn't say "Dany kinda forgot xyz"
to explain the Kings Landing sacking like they said "Dany kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet" when Rhagal was killed. I like the proposed idea that Dany goes crazy after the surrender occurs and a stray shot hits Drogon. The writers were backed into a wall with the Night King arc. It was a compelling undercurrent throughout but I don't know how you write yourself out of out of a battle versus an endless army led by an all powerful zombie king and they didn't figure it out either.

Reaction Score
They should have ended the series with John stabbing Daenerys. Obviously you have to change up the lead in, but I’m not a big fan of the tie up all the lose ends ending.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty good. I thought the season suffered from too much compression - feels like some of the story needed more air and didn’t get it because they were trying to land this in six episodes. The whole lineage thing kinda got lost in the shuffle.

Tonight’s episode verged on great for me for a long while and then kind of slipped near the end - mostly around Jon Snow. That wasn’t a particularly satisfying end for him in my opinion; I have eight years invested in this show and I do not want to see four minutes of Kit Harrington making a frowny face. By God, give the man a kingdom or let him keep the dragon or something.

I think it’ll play better with a second viewing. There’s a lot going on - someone said the show felt like it was written by second-graders. I think the problem for most is that it wasn’t....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom