Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
1) Once their queen was killed and dragon was gone, the Dothraki and Unsullied's standing in the country would have been a lot more dodgy. Also, they were fighting all these battles on a different continent. They were treated as almost mindless cyborgs, but I suspect both would want to leave relatively soon. “If the book follows a similar arc, I am sure that will be addressed.”

2) Bran would have been selected BECAUSE he was neutral and BECAUSE he couldn't have kids. He also wouldn't be from any of the Noble Houses. He was the perfect first king.

3) There were going to continue to be nobles. Weren't you paying attention when they all laughed at Tarly's idea of general elections? The Holy Roman Emperor was actually elected by the noble houses of that empire, so this is not an original idea.

4) See 1 above.

Essentially, not much changed. The North would be independent, but who wanted that scalitohole anyway? Otherwise, the Wheel would just keep rolling along.

And that’s another huge problem. The minute
People say things like “ that’s something I’m sure will be addressed in the book” or “If the book follows a similar arc, I am sure that will be addressed” you have further confused and insulted millions. I don’t care about a book. I needed last night and season 8 to make since to me on HBO , at home while holding my beer. I shouldn’t have to meet with a expert geek, dressed like a Maester , at Comic Con in order to understand the poorly written season 8 I just invested time in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I liked it. It kind of ended small after a huge episode, which was fine with me. Jon had to do what he did, and there were consequences for his actions.

While Bran is somewhat feel good, the reality is that the Wheel defeated Danaerys. The council of nobles that elected Bran was a collection of mediocrities, but that was who was left, and they would run the continent. Edmure, who was a failure every time he showed up, made a jackass out of himself one last time, yet he is one of the most powerful men in Westeros, showing that nothing changed.

I liked that the nobles all laughed when Tarly suggested they allow everyone to vote.

Overall, a solid season. I didn't agree with every outcome, but I was entertained and nothing completely pissed me off, unlike last season.
What a jackass.

Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty good. I thought the season suffered from too much compression - feels like some of the story needed more air and didn’t get it because they were trying to land this in six episodes. The whole lineage thing kinda got lost in the shuffle.

Tonight’s episode verged on great for me for a long while and then kind of slipped near the end - mostly around Jon Snow. That wasn’t a particularly satisfying end for him in my opinion; I have eight years invested in this show and I do not want to see four minutes of Kit Harrington making a frowny face. By God, give the man a kingdom or let him keep the dragon or something.

I think it’ll play better with a second viewing. There’s a lot going on - someone said the show felt like it was written by second-graders. I think the problem for most is that it wasn’t....

Second viewing? I would rather remarry my ex-wife for another ten-year prison term than rewatch that mess. It was awful. God awful. I literally was yelling at the television "just end."

Reaction Score
1) Once their queen was killed and dragon was gone, the Dothraki and Unsullied's standing in the country would have been a lot more dodgy. Also, they were fighting all these battles on a different continent. They were treated as almost mindless cyborgs, but I suspect both would want to leave relatively soon. If the book follows a similar arc, I am sure that will be addressed.

2) Bran would have been selected BECAUSE he was neutral and BECAUSE he couldn't have kids. He also wouldn't be from any of the Noble Houses. He was the perfect first king.

3) There were going to continue to be nobles. Weren't you paying attention when they all laughed at Tarly's idea of general elections? The Holy Roman Emperor was actually elected by the noble houses of that empire, so this is not an original idea.

4) See 1 above.

Essentially, not much changed. The North would be independent, but who wanted that scalitohole anyway? Otherwise, the Wheel would just keep rolling along.

Hold on. The Dothraki’s entire mentality is “next man up.” They follow Dany to the ends of the earth then in the moment of truth she’s assassinated and they just fold? Are you joking. So them and the Unsullied are just going to invade some small tropical island and chill there forever? Lol, come on.

Reaction Score
Hold on. The Dothraki’s entire mentality is “next man up.” They follow Dany to the ends of the earth then in the moment of truth she’s assassinated and they just fold? Are you joking. So them and the Unsullied are just going to invade some small tropical island and chill there forever? Lol, come on.

I was surprised by all the surprises about the Dothraki and Unsullied HBO kept from us for 8 seasons. Who knew they multiplied like gremlins when tossed in water? Brilliant, just brilliant writing. From a few straggly survivors of the fight with the dead, to two brand new standing armies in the course of a victory celebration.

Reaction Score
And that’s another huge problem. The minute
People say things like “ that’s something I’m sure will be addressed in the book” or “If the book follows a similar arc, I am sure that will be addressed” you have further confused and insulted millions. I don’t care about a book. I needed last night and season 8 to make since to me on HBO , at home while holding my beer. I shouldn’t have to meet with a expert geek, dressed like a Maester , at Comic Con in order to understand the poorly written season 8 I just invested time in.
HBO stole the 8 best years of my life.

Reaction Score
Funny how he's been bemoaning the "fanboys" this whole time...

It's his modus operandi. He did it in the Star Wars threads at the same exact time he was defending the hot messes Disney crapped out from the people who didn't just extol the turds.

"I loved it. I absolutely loved it. It was the bestest when Luke magicked a holographic image to fend off the bad side of the force." Nelsonmuntz.

"What's up with all these fanboys and magic lovers? Magic ruins everything because it is a cheap plot device." Also Nelsonmuntz.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
D6yiaowUwAUv3Ad.jpg

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I thought Bran becoming King was a little bizarre, but overall I didn't mind how it ended. However, like many, I was not impressed with how it got there. The last two seasons were just too rushed.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Hahahahahahaha!!!!! The worst final season and final episode in the history of television. Lol at the idiots who tried to defend last week's hot garbage.

Brand the Broken. Lol.

They screwed it up beyond all rehabilitation. They could have salvaged a competent ending and FUBAR'd it but good.

Who arrested Jon but didn't kill him immediately for regicide?

Why was Arya's white horse needed?

Why is Tyrion still alive to attend a meeting. Why is anyone still listening to him?

Why is Jon banished when the leaderless Unsullied and Dothraki are leaving Westeros? Why is he not King as both the rightful heir and defender/conquerer?

Sansa fulfilled Adubs worst predictions of stupidity. The Starks control all of Westeros and she secedes? Ok, if Jon/Dany rule together or if the kingdoms split altogether. They should have as every major house is in shambles except for the Starks and Dorne.

Bran? The Salt Lick of the Long Night?

When Sam calling for a representative democracy isn't the campiest thing in the episode it has real problems.

So who won the game of Thrones?

1. Bronn
2. Ser Davos
3. Sansa
4. Tyrion - seriously dude should be dead.
5. Arya - achieved full IDGAF status
6. Bran - He is King after all.
7. Samwell - went from NW cannon fodder to married Grand Maester. Probably should be higher.
8. Yara - Kingsmoot this Euron!

Only loser among the living:
John Snow - Ended back at the start only more the worse for wear.

They pimped out a Scooby Doo ending and thought they were being clever. They couldn't just be happy with Jon Snow as King.

They Lost'ed themselves.

Reaction Score
I have to believe that everyone saw disaster coming when they decided to really compress the last couple of seasons. Some of these character arcs would be more palatable with more time and build up, but the way they got there was just terrible. Beyond terrible really. Really damaging to the legacy of the show.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I assume you're referring to Sansa, the Queen of the North?

Yes Im referring to Sansa the "not queen of the realm", but still tries to screw her brother out of it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The #1 thing this season proved is that people are miserable. A distant #2 is that the writers of the show needed GRRM

I see the reason why GRRM can't/won't finish the books. He can't without what we just saw happening.

I can, killed more people sooner and not let everyone left get a happy ending.

Also spread out the time between the long night and King's Landing, weaken Dany's army, have her go mad sooner, reveal Jon's percentage and have the actual Westerosi rebel agaisnt Dany sooner maybe even before the Long night as Jon can ride dragons too. They again we didn't really need the dragons after the first few minutes, did we?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

What happened when Khal Drogo died? What happened when Danaerys killed all the other Khals? They moved on.

The Unsullied motivations were never really fleshed out, and the writers treated them almost as androids. It would make sense that they would make some choices of their own, but I am not going to get too worked up about it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I won't go that far but they fumbled on the one yard line.

I agree with that. I mean this bumblescalito to the end is mind boggling and really sours, but it doesnt wash away the first 5 seasons being some of the best tv ever created.

More like the drive stalled at the 20 was kept alive by a flag on the play , went 3 and out again, and then Jets style butt fumbled the chippie Field Goal attempt for the win

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
My biggest problem was that there was no mention of Jon's birthright at the meeting where Bran was declared King. There had been so much hype about revealing Jon as a Targaryen and seemingly all for nothing.

Yeah. They just brought it up possibly as the reason for Jon to kill Dany, because she would probably end up killing him. So in the end I wasn't sure if he killed her because she went nuts or because she would eventually kill him. Though Drogon's reaction to her dying was my favorite part of the episode.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Overall I was so-so on the finale. It wasn't the worst ever, but certainly wasn't the best either. I would have rather seen Drogon try to light Jon up, and then we'd know whether he'd burn or not -- maybe he wouldn't he's a Targaryen after all.

Agree on the point above, why wasn't Jon's heritage brought up at all in the final vote -- maybe because Bran manipulated everything from the beginning because he really did want to be king. The North splitting off and become it's own kingdom was a fairly obvious resolution with Sansa ruling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom