Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

Reaction Score
So, Arya's list ended up being nothing but BS. She killed Meryn Trant, Polliver and Walder Frey and no one else.

The Hound
Meryn Trant
Cersei
Joffrey
Ilyn Payne
Polliver
The Mountain
Walder Frey
Tywin Lannister
Melisandre
Beric Dondarrion
Thoros of Myr

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
And why does the North get to go off and be it's own kingdom? Wouldn't anyone else want the same deal? Seriously, how the hell would Bran the broken hold it all together with a capital in ruins and no army to speak of?

Yeah I was fully expecting Tyrion to suggest that there be no king and that all the kingdoms just rule themselves, especially since the capital was destroyed along with 90% of its population.

Would've made much more sense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Did you ever think that she got that postion by default because no one wants anything to do with her? Even her own family.

Arya sailing off the end of the earth to get the hell away from her
Bran takes a throne he doesnt care about to get the hell away from her
Jon will live beyond the wall just to put more distance between him and Sansa.

She got it for no other reason than because she was there. She had Littlefinger killed and stopped being a doormat. Still not the cleverest person in Westeros but made something if herself, kudos.

That Jon was moved out for her is not a plausible plot line. The guy saved the country, including killing the woman who burned King's Landing. They make him King of the North or the Six Kingdoms the second Grey Worm is over the horizon.

Bran is close to a coma patient and Arya is following the Greatful Dead on their tour of North America. Sansa beat out Robin Arryn. Not hard.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As far as the "Game" of Thrones, you could argue that Bran didn't really play it. He was destined to be the 3 Eyed Raven and fulfilled his destiny.

Sansa ruling the North? Played the game better than anyone. Sorry, ADub. She did.

She managed to get her father killed, and was tortured/raped by the two most evil characters in the story. She didn't play well for most of the "game", but nobody learned more about how to play it than she did.

Bronn indeed had the most dumb luck, along with Sam. Arya earned it.

Jon deserved a better fate, exiled for saving the world from a mad tyrant. Better ending would be him hopping on the dragon, nuking the unsullied while the Dothraki run away. He lands, lets everyone know he's Aegon and they make him king. He declares the North independent, Sansa is happy, Tyrion remains the Hand, Sam the Maester and all is well.

Reaction Score
I have not been one to gripe about the writing the last two years as I have still found the shows entertaining.
The first 40 minutes last night right through the burning of the throne were great then the last 30 minutes were a joke.
Sansa, Arya, Bran and Tyrion all know that Jon is the rightful heir to the throne and would do a damn good job of it but they basically end all meaning to his life while they all end up doing exactly what they wanted?
Tyrion begs for Jon to put his life on the line for him and do the right thing then says sorry bud. Maybe I'll see u in 10 years if u haven't offed yourself yet.
And we dont get to see how Jon is caught after the dragon takes off with Dany? That's kind of important and could turn out to be a hell of an intense scene with him trying to escape no?

Reaction Score
Some of u are correct though they have left an opening for a resurrection of this show if they choose.
Especially if the next HBO show is a bomb.

Reaction Score
Jon deserved a better fate, exiled for saving the world from a mad tyrant. Better ending would be him hopping on the dragon, nuking the unsullied while the Dothraki run away. He lands, lets everyone know he's Aegon and they make him king. He declares the North independent, Sansa is happy, Tyrion remains the Hand, Sam the Maester and all is well.
His ending is perfect: he dithered about making pretty much every major decision and that indecision in the end cost him the chance at a normal life.

But he grew: forced to take the black (for whatever reason), he ignored word and went to live north of the wall with the Wildlings.

Reaction Score
I think we are finding a big gap between fantasy fans and fans of the character. The fantasy fans are mad because fantasy stories generally have clean resolutions, and this one doesn't. The fans of the character development and the story are fine with the ending because the ice zombies and dragons were always the least interesting part of the story.

I am glad Drogon left the way he did.

I think this is completely off. I am not a fantasy fan at all. Most of the complaints here and from the podcasts I listen to are that several characters acted in ways that didn't seem true to themselves based on their characters development throughout the first 6 seasons. Did anyone really want a fairytale ending?

I think the writers dug themselves into a hole with the way last season ended. The zombie goose chase plot and the destruction of the wall really forced the writers hands.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
tallest-lannister.jpg

Reaction Score
Got a text from an aquaintance that works at waters edge said john snow is there and staying there

No clue if its legit or not

Reaction Score
Got a text from an aquaintance that works at waters edge said john snow is there and staying there

No clue if its legit or not
I heard the same from someone at work, so I think it's legit

Reaction Score
Tyrion gives a spiel about how a good story is the most powerful thing in the world before suggesting Bran. Nobody ever mentions the story of the bastard son of the one time Hand and protector of the North who became the commander of the Nights Watch, is murdered and comes back from the dead, is found out to be the rightful heir and the last living Targaryen, the man who killed the mad queen in order to save the people of Westeros.

I get why John isn't the king and have no issues with him being sent to the Wall. But mentioning the power of a story while ignoring the single most powerful story is ironic. Dumb writers write dumb things.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Those pitch meeting videos are great, there are a crap ton of them for a bunch of movies.

edited--seriously that guy is awesome, I stayed up too late last night watching a bunch of these. "It's easy, barely an inconvenience."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Those pitch meeting videos are great, there are a crap ton of them for a bunch of movies.

edited--seriously that guy is awesome, I stayed up too late last night watching a bunch of these. "It's easy, barely an inconvenience."

This was pretty good. Never heard of the channel before. Some of the simpletons in this thread should watch the video, especially the guy who said the finale was a top 5 episode. And the guy who actually said this:

"I think it’ll play better with a second viewing. There’s a lot going on - someone said the show felt like it was written by second-graders. I think the problem for most is that it wasn’t...."

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the last two weeks have proven anything, it is that Game of Thrones has the worst internet fanboys of any TV show or movie franchise in history. The nerds are still complaining because there wasn't a royal wedding in the final episode. Also, it seems like there are 5 new fan videos complaining about the ending every time I go to youtube. In case anyone else is working on one, the Internet doesn't need any more 15 minute youtube videos of some dork's fan fiction of how the show should have ended. The Internet is all set with those.

Reaction Score
the behind-the-scenes special is one of the worst behind-the-scenes specials I've ever watched in the sense that it's long and b.o.r.i.n.g.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The show was great except for maybe two episodes. Horatio is over it. I’ve been enjoying the older episodes lately. I just recently rewatched the hound get beat up by Breianne and the couple of episodes after that. Pretty good.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The show was so good. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they rushed this last season. Makes zero sense to me.

Can someone explain something for me? Why is there still a Nights Watch? The Wall has a MASSIVE hole in it. The Night King and his army were destroyed. The wildlings are free to move about on this side. What's the point? It's just LAZY to me to send Jon there...again.

Reaction Score
The show was so good. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they rushed this last season. Makes zero sense to me.

Can someone explain something for me? Why is there still a Nights Watch? The Wall has a MASSIVE hole in it. The Night King and his army were destroyed. The wildlings are free to move about on this side. What's the point? It's just LAZY to me to send Jon there...again.
he's not a Nights Watch, he's now a wilding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom