Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Is that the dude who wrote, "To moo or not to moo, that is the question."?

A cow! A cow! My kingdom for a cow!

Too curst is more than curst: I shall lessen God's
sending that way; for it is said, 'God sends a curst
cow short horns;' but to a cow too curst he sends none.

—Moo ado about nothing.

1602104436344.png

Enough, thou cream faced loon. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What is this board's record for posts in a thread?

This one might beat it in a month
As long as the mods tolerate a thread that has lost its way. Remember that Mod warning about this kind of "drift" about a week ago?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is that the dude who wrote, "To moo or not to moo, that is the question."?

A cow! A cow! My kingdom for a cow!

Too curst is more than curst: I shall lessen God's
sending that way; for it is said, 'God sends a curst
cow short horns;' but to a cow too curst he sends none.

—Moo ado about nothing.
"Get thee to a creamery"

Reaction Score
J66, I have to admit that I never in the world thought I would hear Oklahoma and sexiest in the same sentence.
Oh yeah, babee!!

(Check your in-box for visual proof that Oklahoma should really be spelled "Okla'homa".)

Reaction Score
With the recent jumps Ducharme has made and at her size, is there still really any room for Fudd? Ducharme has a chance to start 3 years in the back court with Paige that wouldn’t be a bad combo at all.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With the recent jumps Ducharme has made and at her size, is there still really any room for Fudd? Ducharme has a chance to start 3 years in the back court with Paige that wouldn’t be a bad combo at all.
Caroline will be a fine player at UConn. Azzi Fudd is in a whole different class. She’s one of the best HS shooters I’ve ever seen and will very likely start wherever she goes.

Reaction Score
Who is this girl. Has anyone ever heard of her? I haven't seen anything posted about her before. Has she played or is she friends with any current UConn players? I will see if there is any video of her. They say she is a pretty good shooter off the bounce. Geno wants to know can she play defense can she get a stop. Can she hit the open player on the break. Well if she can do some of those things may be Geno will take her. We could use a few championships around here. Its been awhile!!

Reaction Score
Those of us that call So Cal home are use to the random earthquakes that happen from time to time, as folks that live in the gulf coast area of the country are use to hurricanes. That said, Californians ARE NOT use to 6.7 magnitude earthquakes that last for 30 seconds. :confused:

We were in Stockton (Northern California) that week visiting our son who was playing men’s basketball at Pacific. The quake hit at 4:30 am, and was felt as far away as Las Vegas.

We didn’t feel a thing. I first heard about it was on the morning news. It was a BIG one! Lives lost and billions of dollars in property damage. The Northridge quake will be remembered here for years to come.
Yes I was in San Francisco for the World Series earthquake. A helpless feeling. Make sure Azzi sees the earthquake emergency kit everyone carries in their car trunk. Doesn’t build confidence.
Also make sure she sees the statement from the Governor of California encouraging people to wear masks when eating in a restaurant. That should be interesting as well.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Who considers her third best? Behind Vanderveer, Graves and Rueck at least. Barnes is rising with a bullet and CTT has been consistent for a long time.
Note, I did say "at best". Give Cori the talent that Kelly has had and arguably she'd have the same result: Very talented teams that were top three ranked but didn't win anything to this point.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Those of us that call So Cal home are use to the random earthquakes that happen from time to time, as folks that live in the gulf coast area of the country are use to hurricanes. That said, Californians ARE NOT use to 6.7 magnitude earthquakes that last for 30 seconds. :confused:

We were in Stockton (Northern California) that week visiting our son who was playing men’s basketball at Pacific. The quake hit at 4:30 am, and was felt as far away as Las Vegas.

We didn’t feel a thing. I first heard about it was on the morning news. It was a BIG one! Lives lost and billions of dollars in property damage. The Northridge quake will be remembered here for years to come.
One thing I’ve noticed, though in my many trips to SoCal is a bit of self consciousness about earthquakes. In a trip to the SF area two years ago I slept, I think, through a relatively minor quake of about 4.7 although I woke up at about the time it hit, so maybe that’s why I woke. My son has been through several quakes and a place he has with another couple in Malibu (very close to Van Halen’s place) escaped the Malibu fire two years ago literally by a wind shift changing direction 150 yards away. My cousin, a retired Berkeley prof lost her Oaklanf house to a massive wildfire several years ago.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Note, I did say "at best". Give Cori the talent that Kelly has had and arguably she'd have the same result: Very talented teams that were top three ranked but didn't win anything to this point.

Agree to disagree. She's had plenty of talent. She's not shown an ability to maximize it.

Reaction Score
On the subject of Fudd, Would I like her in a Husky uniform, absolutely. If she chooses UCLA does that change my mind about how talented UConn will be in the near future,absolutely not.

Reaction Score

Or she has a chance to play very little based on the other great players UCONN brought in and currently has. Anyways, nothing wrong with trying to be better, right?

Reaction Score
On the subject of Fudd, Would I like her in a Husky uniform, absolutely. If she chooses UCLA does that change my mind about how talented UConn will be in the near future,absolutely not.

They are certainly talented with or without her. But there is certainly no such thing as having enough talent if you haven't won a title the prior year (or at least get to the Final Four and lose on a buzzer beater etc). While what UCONN has done recently is still terrific - if they have a chance to get better then it has to be done. It needs to be done.

Azzi Fudd is more than likely a superstar. Superstars impact the game more than just at their own position. There are other great teams out there as well. The current group of frosh - other than Paige-- are huge question marks even though we think they'll be fine. Next year's class is the same. Next year more than likely UCONN doesn't have the best center, or the best pf, or the best sg (they probably have the best pg next year). UCONN has been beaten up pretty good the past couple of years by elite teams. If the goal is to win a title and you don't have the very best at the other positions- then you NEED a potential superstar. UCONN NEEDS Azzi Fudd.

In addition, you see how younger players look up to superstars. Azzi Fudd will more-than-likely be a player that is looked up by many younger players. But with all that said -- the most important factor is that UCONN does not have truly great inside play. Thus they need to dominate in some big games vs elite teams in the backcourt. Azzi Fudd can help ensure that domination. Look at the game which Oklahoma and UCONN played in the finals in 2002. Neither Bird or Dt hit one single 3. In fact, DT's 1ts two years -of her 3 games in FF and Championship- two games she missed all her 3's. Bottomline is UCONN doesn't have enough until they win it all or start to at least rough up the other elite teams. It will be a lot harder to do without a potential superstar in Azzi Fudd. And her game fits the style UCONN loves to play. **That will make her better too!!!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. She's had plenty of talent. She's not shown an ability to maximize it.
...and of course I disagree. When has Cori ever had a player as good as Sabrina? When has she ever had a player as good as Sabally? When has she ever had a trio as good as Sabrina, Sabally and Herbert? Yet Graves was able to take this team to the FF just once in three years (I of course don't count last year). Do you honestly think Close couldn't have matched that number? To me Graves has yet to prove he's a great BB coach. He's proven he's one of CBB great recruiters, and he's been a great representative for WCBB. But a great coach? The jury hasn't even been picked yet.

Reaction Score
The unbiased, unaffiliated Dan Olson rated UCLA's 2014 class ranked #1.

Caldwell transferred, Drummer was injured and never really got to show what she could do, only Canada had a good career, yet she never learned how to shoot. I would say that class was overrated, but also looking at Jefferson vs Canada will tell you that if Fudd wants to develop then UConn not UCLA would be the place to go.

Reaction Score
Caldwell transferred, Drummer was injured and never really got to show what she could do, only Canada had a good career, yet she never learned how to shoot. I would say that class was overrated, but also looking at Jefferson vs Canada will tell you that if Fudd wants to develop then UConn not UCLA would be the place to go.
Maybe so, but that undercuts the argument about Close not having talent while at a UCLA while labeling Graves at underachiever at Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom