Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel exactly the same way. You come over the hill with the silos and then head down, Horsebarn Hill to the left and the dorms, churches, academic buildings and great lawn to the left. There is no doubt that you are on a college campus in New England.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't understand this. I definitely can understand if on a visit - a school or coach - things click. However, a few months ago when I think there were posts regarding Maryland and some posters thought she would go there-- I couldn't see it unless if things clicked. But overall I thought UCONN had the advantage looking at basketball vs clicking.. It's this type of choice of UCLA that I could see. because this would be something new-- Maryland isn't new. But still - I still think the choice is UCONN though by no means a lock / near lock. / close to near lock etc. I have no idea.

But when you say "you can't see her choosing UConn?"

You mean you can't see her choosing to play with arguably the greatest WCBB coach ever, while playing with her best friend (what's better than sharing 4 years of your college life with your best friend while always being among top 2 teams competing for championships?), while playing in an uptempo style that favors her, game (i.e no matter who the opponent - the style of play of running upemtpo is her style no matter the opponent UCONN will play this favorable style), which I'm implying that right now her teammates at UCLA might force her to more slowdown games unless she is confident she can "recruit, as a result she can show off her game more, while the great coach has an incredible track record of improving great players like her, all the while winning championships in addition to she can't be singled out to get "beat up" at least in years 1-3, while the school has shown to be an excellent medical staff - but yet "you can't see her choosing UCONN?"

I say this in fun- this post is meant to be fun-- I mean overall who knows. But what I'm going to ask is fun only-- "Are you scared of the dark?" You made me partially blind with your comment because I can't see to the degree you are viewing this that you can't see her choosing UCONN. UCON has near-no shot? IS that what you're saying? We're in the top 2-- but it's really not even close to 50-50??????
That is simply my opinion. I thought Boston and Horston would want to play for UConn for the reasons you listed. They did not. Slocum chose twice to play for schools that did not fit her style of play. No, I am not afraid of the dark. Also, you don't know whether or not it is 50-50, no more than anyone else. :) Tell me, is it possible for you to write shorter posts?:rolleyes:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That is simply my opinion. I thought Boston and Horston would want to play for UConn for the reasons you listed. They did not. Slocum chose twice to play for schools that did not fit her style of play. No, I am not afraid of the dark. Also, you don't know whether or not it is 50-50, no more than anyone else. :) Tell me, is it possible for you to write shorter posts?:rolleyes:

Yup. We forget these are kids.
its normal for them to do things like that. Who knows what’s gonna happen. I think I’d feel better if it actually was a better school as the completion. Something that stands out so badly as ucla makes me anxious.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bottom line: Azzi will announce her choice whenever she decides to do it. She'll only get to do it once it her lifetime. I am completely fine with however and whenever, she wants to do it. I hope she decides to come to UConn. It will likely mean three or four natties, given the talent we have in place and put her in a position ot have an outstanding WBNA career, but in the end it her choice. If she decides to go elsewhere, I'll wish her well.

Reaction Score

No it's not possible to write shorter.
---------------------

No I don't know where she'll go- maybe even another team not on the list- I said that in my post to you. I realize we lost Boston and Horston but we get a lot of players too. I don't know if it is 50-50 or 90-10 I was just replying to your post - your post said "I can't see" meaning you are almost saying "No way she is going." When you say "you can't see" -- doesn't that imply you think the chance is near-nil?

It's one thing to say "I don't think she is going to go." It's another to say "I can't see it." I don't understand how you can't see it - other than you're scared. But I know you aren't scared because you've said previously that you don't think with her injury that this past year she hasn't shown near the same level of athleticism, am I remembering that correctly?

Reaction Score
Fudd is only listed at 5'11"?? She looks & player bigger. Hope she has a late growth spurt.

Reaction Score
Bottom line: Azzi will announce her choice whenever she decides to do it. She'll only get to do it once it her lifetime. I am completely fine with however and whenever, she wants to do it. I hope she decides to come to UConn. It will likely mean three or four natties, given the talent we have in place and put her in a position ot have an outstanding WBNA career, but in the end it her choice. If she decides to go elsewhere, I'll wish her well.
Once in her lifetime? Probably not if she went to Maryland. ;)

Reaction Score
Someone had been pretty emphatic about Fudd going to Maryland because it is an Under Armour school so I don't see Fudd going to UCLA which is trying to sue UA for trying to get out of a huge sponsorship deal :)

Reaction Score
How's UCLA's womens rowing team after it "lost" those 2 premier freshman rowers? UCLA is a fine university but the air around the topic is a tad saccharin.
If you are referencing the Lori Loughlin scandal, I think you might be confusing UCLA with USC. Growing up we used to call USC “the university of spoiled children.” Having said that, I live in California and I think that USC, Stanford, Pepperdine and some other CA college campuses are all aesthetically prettier than UCLA. Just my opinion.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If you are referencing the Lori Loughlin scandal, I think you might be confusing UCLA with USC. Growing up we used to call USC “the university of spoiled children.” Having said that, I live in California and I think that USC, Stanford, Pepperdine and some other CA college campuses are all aesthetically prettier than UCLA. Just my opinion.

Oops! I did so relish that whole dust up. Hate to see it go. I think hubby is serving his time right now. Thanks for correcting the error of my ways.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stewart speaks of a sisterhood amongst UConn women's players.

I highly doubt Fudd would not want to be associated with other elite, historic players. UConn used to look North Korean when Geno started building up the program. Apart from Wilber Cross and Rt 195. Over there, it looked like an elite agricultural school.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Many years ago I drove around the Pepperdine campus on a spring day. The sun was out and so was the student body. Sitting on a hillside in Malibu with the Pacific Ocean down below I thought Pepperdine was the most beautiful college campus I’d ever seen.

Reaction Score
I think that USC, Stanford, Pepperdine and some other CA college campuses are all aesthetically prettier than UCLA. Just my opinion.

In no particular order (late 1970s to about 1990):

1. Waterfall and deer at Ithaca

2. Whale watching at (UC)Santa Barbara

3. Walking along the beach at sunset in (UC)San Diego

4. Sunrise down Pam Avenue at Stanford

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
UCLA's campus is the quintessential American college campus. Close your eyes and visualize the ideal American college campus... there's a good chance you envisioned something similar to UCLA.

Some of us may have dissenting views.

image.jpeg

Reaction Score
Many years ago I drove around the Pepperdine campus on a spring day. The sun was out and so was the student body. Sitting on a hillside in Malibu with the Pacific Ocean down below I thought Pepperdine was the most beautiful college campus I’d ever seen.
Geez, I STILL think Pepperdine is the most beautiful college campus I've ever seen.

Reaction Score

I taught at Ithaca for four years. I don’t dispute your choice for first.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Geez, I STILL think Pepperdine is the most beautiful college campus I've ever seen.

I visited my daughter in Los Angeles last year and decided to take a trip up to Santa Barbara. I stopped at Pepperdine for a coffee and roll and wondered how anyone could study there. Then, had an afternoon snack on (UC) Santa Barbara's campus and was caught wondering the same thing.

Now, my alma mater- Notre Dame -- has an absolutely beautiful campus but it does not have views of the Pacific Ocean (even Lake Michigan).

So, count me in for those Pacific Coast Highway schools; although I add that UCLA is one pretty place to attend school as well (and Loyola Marymount, as well!).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That one I've seen with my own eyes, agreed. UCSB I've only seen pictures. Both literally right on the beach. I figured it would be a bit hard to study at either.

I've been to both for men and women's BB games many times. Pepperdine has more ambiance. It sets on a hill. You can see the beautiful blue pacific ocean from anywhere on campus. UCSB is on the water's edge on a peninsula, but you don't get the ocean views you do at Pepperdine. UCSB is a notorious "party school." Has been for decades.

Pepperdine Univ.

1602013432609.png

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No it's not possible to write shorter.
---------------------

No I don't know where she'll go- maybe even another team not on the list- I said that in my post to you. I realize we lost Boston and Horston but we get a lot of players too. I don't know if it is 50-50 or 90-10 I was just replying to your post - your post said "I can't see" meaning you are almost saying "No way she is going." When you say "you can't see" -- doesn't that imply you think the chance is near-nil?

It's one thing to say "I don't think she is going to go." It's another to say "I can't see it." I don't understand how you can't see it - other than you're scared. But I know you aren't scared because you've said previously that you don't think with her injury that this past year she hasn't shown near the same level of athleticism, am I remembering that correctly?
No, I did not say she has not shown the same level of athleticism this past year. I said she did not show the same level of athleticism in the game I was watching. I did not see her play during the season. I saw her play the season before and she looked better at that time than she did after her injury. She seems to be over her injury and playing as well as ever. Even if she is not, the UConn staff still wants her and that is all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom