Friday (3/29) games: Sweet 16, Day 1 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Friday (3/29) games: Sweet 16, Day 1

Reaction Score
Ionescu is not returning for her final year and Walz isn’t returning to Lousicle
The truth will be clear Sunday
I promise you I’ll be fine with whatever happens; seems like you won’t lol

Reaction Score
Can S. Dakota state shoot any worse?

The fact this is still under 10 points is a miracle

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Can S. Dakota state shoot any worse?

The fact this is still under 10 points is a miracle

Only 25% from 3 but 21% overall. They should just shoot from behind the arc every time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Whoa @triaddukefan , how many games are your boys gonna barely eek out in the Tourney?

as long as they win....... i dont care if they win by 89 or 1. :cool:

Once again, dude was fouled and no whistle.

Actually... Blackshear for VPI was out of bounds when he grabbed that loose ball with 5.6 seconds left. Should have been Duke's ball... no last second second attempts. :cool:

watched the last play again.... Blackshear was holding Barrett..... no foul called though

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Are you on the hate Vic Schaefer and Miss st team now due to a few posters on this board?
No hate. Just calling it like I see it.

Reaction Score
In fairness, the MSU fans around here are making me want to root against them too. Not a good look.

I like Miss St a lot, I just ignore the deranged fans opinions. I respect the team they field and the coaches. I take what the fans say with a grain of salt. That is just me though.

Every fan base has its bad apples...

Plebe

Reaction Score
I like Miss St a lot, I just ignore the deranged fans opinions. I respect the team they field and the coaches. I take what the fans say with a grain of salt. That is just me though.

Every fan base has its bad apples...
And a few bad apples can spoil the barrel. Certainly was the case here.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
In fairness, the MSU fans around here are making me want to root against them too. Not a good look.

Why? Really am just curious about your small? beef with Mississippi State fans.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
didnt see any of the women's games tonight..... but not sure why I picked Beaver State to the Elite 8 Head bang

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
didnt see any of the women's games tonight..... but not sure why I picked Beaver State to the Elite 8 Head bang

Ah, it's your fault! You jinxed them. They peaked about a month ago and just limped the rest of the way through the season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
None of my favorite teams won on the men's side. Gutted for my Coogs, battled back to take the lead late against Kentucky only to see it slip away in the last 90 seconds. Rough endings for both UCF and UH in the tourney.

I'm not a Bruce Pearl fan but I was really sorry to see the injury to the Auburn player. Very classy how the UNC players came over to show some love as he was helped off the court.

The women's games have been overall a disappointment in terms of quality of play. UConn-UCLA was no masterpiece but it's been by far the best of the night.

Reaction Score
I really think rebounding is half of her game. I don't have a good feeling about playing Oregon if it comes to that, but we'll see. I think they will just pull her out of the paint and frustrate her again.
I don’t get why she kept hedging on that screen and roll in the game against Oregon and Cazorla scored on it every time. She didn’t seem interested in that game at all. They still gone have to play to beat y’all, she’s been pretty tough the past 3 tournaments.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm not a Bruce Pearl fan but I was really sorry to see the injury to the Auburn player.

He was really torn up about that during a post game interview. Almost couldn't talk.

Reaction Score
Good fans acknowledge their own teams' weaknesses and occasional lucky breaks (be that bounces or ref calls). IMHO, around here, MSU fans seem to think their team is infallible and seem eager to point out weaknesses and lucky breaks of every team but their own (see the unnecessarily vehement complaints about Pivec's play at the end of the last OSU game). It's probably having been so close to a championship two years in a row and coming up short - an unsatiated hunger. But from a third party perspective, it gets tiring.
I def agree. Vic is a really good coach and is one the best at doing more with less talent. I’ve always acknowledged and emphasized that. It’s their fans that think they are invincible and have no flaws as well as some South Carolina fans.

Reaction Score
I am emotionally down right now. LSU's AD announced Nikki is returning for the 2019-2020 season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Good fans acknowledge their own teams' weaknesses and occasional lucky breaks (be that bounces or ref calls). IMHO, around here, MSU fans seem to think their team is infallible and seem eager to point out weaknesses and lucky breaks of every team but their own (see the unnecessarily vehement complaints about Pivec's play at the end of the last OSU game). It's probably having been so close to a championship two years in a row and coming up short - an unsatiated hunger. But from a third party perspective, it gets tiring.
I've learned it's best not to feed the trolls. Now they're going to feel compelled to launch into a 500-word essay about how, can't you see, your perceptions are all tainted and inaccurate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom