Friday (3/29) games: Sweet 16, Day 1 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Friday (3/29) games: Sweet 16, Day 1

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
You might want to get off this board if you let people you don’t know make you tired. The last 3 years, yes on paper UConn is more talented. Even the year ST beat UConn I’m sure you and everyone else else thought UConn was going to win that game until they didn’t. The previous two years were excellent years up until the final four. This year is a different story we’re not that good, there are a lot of weaknesses and vulnerabilities. However, UConn on paper is still a more talented team.

That sounds like someone totally not tainted by blind homerism. :p

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
You might want to get off this board if you let people you don’t know make you tired. The last 3 years, yes on paper UConn is more talented. Even the year ST beat UConn I’m sure you and everyone else else thought UConn was going to win that game until they didn’t. The previous two years were excellent years up until the final four. This year is a different story we’re not that good, there are a lot of weaknesses and vulnerabilities. However, UConn on paper is still a more talented team.
Let's just play the games.

Reaction Score
Taylor Chavez still hasn't seen action. She was a big factor in Oregon's win over MSU in December. Bad sign that she's still sidelined by injury.

On a side note Bibby is out this go around when they play on Sunday

Looking forward to Sunday's slate, games should be good

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
At what point does that not matter for you? Can't wait to see the Ducks Sunday
Oh are you about to call me a homophobic slur as well?

You're the one who dissed SDSU. So you made Missouri relevant since you dissed a team that's better than a team MSU lost to at home.

Reaction Score
That sounds like someone totally not tainted by blind homerism. :p

Lmao sounds like the truth. The highest ranked player St had during the past three years was (24) and that was Vivians. St had two good players in that time McCowan and Vivians. UConn had Collier, Samuelson, Nurse, Stevens, Williams, Dangerfield. So were they not the better team or am I still blind?

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Lmao sounds like the truth. The highest ranked player St had during the past three years was (24) and that was Vivians. St had two good players in that time McCowan and Vivians. UConn had Collier, Samuelson, Nurse, Stevens, Williams, Dangerfield. So were they not the better team or am I still blind?

Ohhhh. So......... better team = team that recruits the best. GOT IT.

By that logic, UConn is automatically not the best team next year. Since they recruited only Aubrey Griffin, and their recruiting probably isn't even in the top 20.

Reaction Score
Ohhhh. So.... better team = team that recruits the best. GOT IT.

By that logic, UConn is automatically not the best team next year. Since they recruited only Aubrey Griffin, and their recruiting probably isn't even in the top 20.

They’re not the best team this year!!! I have no problem admitting that. Better team is most talented, best coached team. Were they not the best team regardless of what happened in the final four the past two year?

I’m convinced you’re just a troll. I know you probably pull your hairs out if ST loses. Man it’s just a game, it’s not that serious. I’m just a fan, this stuff doesn’t. bother me. That’s why I have no problem accepting reality.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Finished a few of these here....
UCONN/UCLA was a good game but UCONN prevailed as the better team. Dean really struggled shooting where Dangerfield was sensational, that was the difference IMO. If Dean hits a couple more shots or looks for teammates more, UCLA would've had a good shot to pull off the comeback. I was extremely impressed with Onyenwere too...reminds me a lot of Anriel Howard with her knack for rebounding and long arms. KLS was a no show. Collier was Collier....I will not be surprised at all if UCONN struggles against Louisville unless they can get a big night from Williams or KLS. I didn't see the Louisville game, but it appears they're playing good basketball amidst all of the Tennessee/Walz rumors.

Mississippi State/Arizona State was a very ugly game marred with fouls. 43 total, so neither team actually got into a good flow on either end. 26 to 17....the refs were quick to blow whistles at points, I thought there were some bad calls both way but in the end it didn't affect the outcome....Mississippi State was clearly winning this game from the get go. Big T was getting mauled all night. I thought ASU did a good job of putting 2 bodies on her. She still finished with 22/13 on 6-8 shooting and 10-11 from the line. She had to have drawn probably at least 10-12 of those fouls. Hope she rests up and comes ready for Sunday. Danberry and Holmes were very solid if not spectacular tonight. They'll need to have similar performances on Sunday. Howard didn't have a great night. AEH is getting better and better under Vic. Looks much more comfortable in the flow of the offense and has a very pretty perimeter shot that she can get off quickly. I did notice she is using the same bunny hop that Nurse used at UCONN to get into rhythm...I do wish refs would call players for traveling on those but I've never seen it done.

Overall I'm disappointed to learn about the Ekmark/McCowan exchange....not a fan of poor sportsmanship and I hope Ekmark doesn't get a free pass for it. Other players would be put through the ringer for anything like that (see Ogunbowale, Arike). Glad to see CTT publicly apologize and reach out directly to Vic.

Missed the other game between SDSU and Oregon...looks like it was a snoozer though.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Hooray, there was one Pac-12 team that didn't lose today :)

Very important that Sabally had herself a nice game. She's been struggling terribly lately.

Taylor Chavez still hasn't seen action. She was a big factor in Oregon's win over MSU in December. Bad sign that she's still sidelined by injury.

But not (Sabally) so far in the tournament. She had two very good games in Eugene. Chavez has been cleared to play, but, apparently, she must not be not quite ready to be on the court. If she can't get some minutes Sunday, it will be a major loss for Oregon. One of my favorite parts of the November game was watching her chase Bibby all over the court.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Why? Really am just curious about your small? beef with Mississippi State fans.
I can't speak for others, but you might go back and look at any number of threads beginning--at least--with those surrounding the Oregon game in November. The number and relentlessness of the often very defensive posts by the school's fans in those threads and later ones concerning, say, the top teams this year have been, from my point of view anyway, unlike those of any other fan base--and the habit became very old a very long time ago.

And, yes, for what it's worth I think you have a terrific team and a coach who has done an amazing job since arriving in Starkville.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I can't speak for others, but you might go back and look at any number of threads beginning--at least--with those surrounding the Oregon game in November. The number and relentlessness of the often very defensive posts by the school's fans in those threads and later ones concerning, say, the top teams this year have been, from my point of view anyway, unlike those of any other fan base--and the habit became very old a very long time ago.

And, yes, for what it's worth I think you have a terrific team and a coach who has done an amazing job since arriving in Starkville.

OK. I understand. I just hope we can move on from that episode. I don't want to upset anyone here, because I'm relatively new here - so I got no user points. And I get the impression sometimes that some people don't like my posts.

Anyways, I think we were just excited about this team because we assumed it was a super good team. I don't think any Mississippi State fan will hype our team up next year. If Oregon keeps Ionescu, on paper they probably look like stronger preseason favorites. I guess we'll find out how much of our team was really just McCowan.

Plebe

Reaction Score
OK. I understand. I just hope we can move on from that episode. I don't want to upset anyone here, because I'm relatively new here - so I got no user points. And I get the impression sometimes that some people don't like my posts.

Anyways, I think we were just excited about this team because we assumed it was a super good team. I don't think any Mississippi State fan will hype our team up next year. If Oregon keeps Ionescu, on paper they probably look like stronger preseason favorites. I guess we'll find out how much of our team was really just McCowan.

I love how you play innocent. You carpet-bombed the forum with your chest-thumping brags about how MSU was gonna lay waste to Oregon. And then when you lost to Oregon, you carpet-bombed more threads with long-winded diatribes about what a "fluke" it was. And then you yourself taunted UConn fans after the loss to Louisville. And then when this was pointed out to you, you responded with another taunt.

Gee, I wonder why some people don't like your posts.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I love how you play innocent. You carpet-bombed the forum with your chest-thumping brags about how MSU was gonna lay waste to Oregon. And then when you lost to Oregon, you carpet-bombed more threads with long-winded diatribes about what a "fluke" it was. And then you yourself taunted UConn fans after the loss to Louisville. And then when this was pointed out to you, you responded with another taunt.

Gee, I wonder why some people don't like your posts.

Actually, I did only one of those things. I did carpet bomb this board with my brag :), but that was one of my very first posts. You gotta give me the benefit of the doubt here - I was new, I didn't know the history of this board and what their knee jerk reactions were. I post literally the same thing on other General WBB boards nobody says a thing. A few snide remarks aside, some people actually laughed because they can kinda detect humor.

My long-winded diatribe about the "fluke" that was our loss came after people were already heavy on their generalization of Mississippi State fans. You have to know that I don't read every single thing posted here to know what the other Mississippi State fans here have done. To hear people's problems with "other" Mississippi State fans being directed to me kinda confuses me, tbh. I don't have the exact same opinions as them.

I didn't taunt UConn fans after loss to Louisville. UConn fans dismissed Louisville a lot on this board. I simply responded to that. That wasn't a taunt.

Can you PLEASE not dismiss EVERYTHING I say. I'm seriously trying to have a real discussion with you yet you're always on me about something. (sometimes very minor things)

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I didn't taunt UConn fans after loss to Louisville.

In addition to being a taunter, you're also a liar. Just stop, now.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
In addition to being a taunter, you're also a liar. Just stop, now.

Ah, picking at one thing I said and ignoring everything else. Typical Plebe moment here. I will stop. Thanks. Been fun/funny talking to you, again. :p:D

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Can I make a humble suggestion? Why don't we all just commit to being better going forward? (Myself included.) We may root for different teams, but let's all agree that this is one of the best times of the year and focus on the basketball that makes it so. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
FWIW, SC has slightly outscored Baylor in the 2nd half 45-44 so maybe, there is a chance. :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
And so, with a whimper, end the college careers of Cuevas-Moore, Jennings, Cliney and Nelly Perry.

Will be interesting to see of Te'a Cooper comes back for her senior year. I hope she does.

And from one blowout to another. I'll be shocked if N/D isn't laying down the hammer by early in 2Q.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I'd like to apologize for my ridiculous rudeness yesterday. Not my best self and please accept my apology if I offended you.

4 great games ahead of us I hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom