Friday (3/29) games: Sweet 16, Day 1 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Friday (3/29) games: Sweet 16, Day 1

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hey ya'll there's still a game going on. Anyone other than me watching it?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hebard is looking more like herself now.

Reaction Score
I don’t get with she kept hedging on that screen and roll in the game against Oregon and Cazorla scored on it every time. She didn’t seem interested in that game at all. They still gone have to play to beat y’all, she’s been pretty tough the past 3 tournaments.

That really frustrated me. Since the Oregon game, he has switched up some of his defenses. He's played a matchup zone and pulled them out of the press. So he's been more flexible. I'm not sure what he'll come up with on Sunday or if it will work.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Good fans acknowledge their own teams' weaknesses and occasional lucky breaks (be that bounces or ref calls). IMHO, around here, MSU fans seem to think their team is infallible and seem eager to point out weaknesses and lucky breaks of every team but their own (see the unnecessarily vehement complaints about Pivec's play at the end of the last OSU game). It's probably having been so close to a championship two years in a row and coming up short - an unsatiated hunger. But from a third party perspective, it gets tiring.

You think Misissippi State fans have dogged Pivec or OSU? I kind of think it's Notre Dame and UConn fans that have done most of the complaining about Oregon State "barely" getting by Boise State.

What do you think our weaknesses are? Just naturally curious here. Not saying we don't have any, but just trying to understand an outsider's perspective on all this.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I def agree. Vic is a really good coach and is one the best at doing more with less talent. I’ve always acknowledged and emphasized that. It’s their fans that think they are invincible and have no flaws as well as some South Carolina fans.
No idea if you're joking, but MSU is the better team the last 3 years. Shocking, I know!!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Surprisingly this is the first time I've seen Sabrina's twin brother get any face time. We just got a quick lesson in Romanian.

Come on, can you guys stop with the same back and forth? Who cares. There's a game going on. Maybe we need yet another different forum where people can go to work out their beefs with each other.

Reaction Score
From Twitter @tbhorka

Arizona State head coach Charli Turner Thorne just issued an apology to Mississippi State. Apparently, an ASU player said something she shouldn't have to an MSU player after the game. First I've heard of that. Turner Thorne said she is also going to text Vic Schaefer an apology.

Apparently Eckmark said something to Teira in the handshake line after the game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Surprisingly this is the first time I've seen Sabrina's brother get any face time. We just got a quick lesson in Romanian.

Come on, can you guys stop with the same back and forth? Who cares. There's a game going on. Maybe we need yet another different forum where people can go to work out their beefs with each other.
Did you see the feature on Sabrina and her background before the game? That was awesome. Great vintage footage and photos.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did you see the feature on Sabrina and her background before the game? That was awesome. Great vintage footage and photos.

Shoot, I missed it. I was switching back and forth and watched parts of some men's games.

Reaction Score
You think Misissippi State fans have dogged Pivec or OSU? I kind of think it's Notre Dame and UConn fans that have done most of the complaining about Oregon State "barely" getting by Boise State.

What do you think our weaknesses are? Just naturally curious here. Not saying we don't have any, but just trying to understand an outsider's perspective on all this.

The better question is, “you don’t think you have any?”

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
You know, I'm beginning to see why some on this board have turned against State fans. We are new money in this world. Some humility and realism wouldn't hurt.
Please read my posts on this board. You went full flower and I will not support that BS. Pathetic, and it is obvious

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
From Twitter @tbhorka

Arizona State head coach Charli Turner Thorne just issued an apology to Mississippi State. Apparently, an ASU player said something she shouldn't have to an MSU player after the game. First I've heard of that. Turner Thorne said she is also going to text Vic Schaefer an apology.

whoa

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I might need to watch that Arizona State-Miss State end of game...... at least the handshake line :eek:

Reaction Score
Congrats to Oregon on their win and elite 8 appearance

Congrats to SDSU on a great year and first sweet sixteen appearance. Nice little run they had.

Reaction Score
I'm calm, but tired of the BS. Show support that UConn is the better team the last 3 years?
You might want to get off this board if you let people you don’t know make you tired. The last 3 years, yes on paper UConn is more talented. Even the year ST beat UConn I’m sure you and everyone else else thought UConn was going to win that game until they didn’t. The previous two years were excellent years up until the final four. This year is a different story we’re not that good, there are a lot of weaknesses and vulnerabilities. However, UConn on paper is still a more talented team.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hooray, there was one Pac-12 team that didn't lose today :)

Very important that Sabally had herself a nice game. She's been struggling terribly lately.

Taylor Chavez still hasn't seen action. She was a big factor in Oregon's win over MSU in December. Bad sign that she's still sidelined by injury.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
That's tough talk coming from a team that lost at home to Missouri.

At what point does that not matter for you? Can't wait to see the Ducks Sunday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom