Fox - Big East exclusive negotiating window | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Fox - Big East exclusive negotiating window

Reaction Score
Where did you find the 2022 tax returns? Im only basing my findings from the IRS website, Im only seeing the 2021 tax return.

the 2021 returns are not a good source of truth since they are severely affected by covid.

Reaction Score
Front Office Sports cities sources saying it could be closer to $4.93 - $5.31M per year per school.

One source suggests to Front Office Sports that the league will see an increase of around 30% to 40% on the average annual value of the current deal. The existing package averages about $41.7 million per year, so the future deal could be worth in the $55 million range annually, divided among the league’s 11 schools.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_1676.gif
    IMG_1676.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Reaction Score
Front Office Sports cities sources saying it could be closer to $4.93 - $5.31M per year per school.

Well damn! We keep getting farther away from that 15 million dollar figure with every passing hour.

Reaction Score
If these discussed figures are even close to accurate, Uconn needs to do whatever is within their power to get out as soon as possible.

Tell Yormark that you’ll take a partial conference membership for the remainder of the current Big 12 Deal if there is a road map in place to full membership.

If I could get 4-5 football games a year and 1 dollar more than The Big East Deal that’s a win for both sides. UConn v. Kansas a couple times a year is probably worth half of what the Big East is paying.

Reaction Score
If these discussed figures are even close to accurate, Uconn needs to do whatever is within their power to get out as soon as possible.

Tell Yormark that you’ll take a partial conference membership for the remainder of the current Big 12 Deal if there is a road map in place to full membership.

If I could get 4-5 football games a year and 1 dollar more than The Big East Deal that’s a win for both sides. UConn v. Kansas a couple times a year is probably worth half of what the Big East is paying.
Has to be the end goal

Reaction Score
$80 million split 11 ways...$7.3 million...

but may have to be cut 12 ways..

....to include BE Office...which had $11 million in expenses in 2020 (paying officials, renting MSG, Commish and staff salary, various tournament costs, Rush Media)

Reaction Score
We have to live with whatever the Big East is getting. What makes the situation unconscionable is the fact that we have the premiere program in the country right now and we have to fund a football program, and fund it well. Meanwhile DePantload had a Net of 320 and gets the same deal. UConn paid the Big East entry fee. UConn won back-to-back titles. Both Big East and UConn benefitted. But UConn better have been holding the line on any exit fees.

Reaction Score
$80 million split 11 ways...$7.3 million...

but may have to be cut 12 ways..

....to include BE Office...which had $11 million in expenses in 2020 (paying officials, renting MSG, Commish and staff salary, various tournament costs, Rush Media)
I think the BE office is usually funded from other sources. Such as sponsorships/BET revenue, etc. All goes to the same pot anyway but more of an optics standpoint.

Reaction Score
We have to live with whatever the Big East is getting. What makes the situation unconscionable is the fact that we have the premiere program in the country right now and we have to fund a football program, and fund it well. Meanwhile DePantload had a Net of 320 and gets the same deal. UConn paid the Big East entry fee. UConn won back-to-back titles. Both Big East and UConn benefitted. But UConn better have been holding the line on any exit fees.
I think you know how Billybud feels sitting there in his cabin in North Carolina. His Noles and to a lesser extent Clemson have to carry the water for turds like Cuse, BC, GT etc.

Reaction Score

-> The Big East is a special case, no doubt. The A10 only got around $6 million a year (as a league) for TV rights in 2022, and only was able to increase those rights by 40% when it extended its contract primarily with ESPN in December. Which means each Big East school will basically be worth the entirety of the A10 from a media perspective.

The AAC, with its football component, is only getting $83M a year from ESPN through 2032, and that was with Houston and Cincy in the fold. On a per team basis, the Big East will be making more money just for basketball, than the 5th or 6th best FBS conference.

This shows that there still is significant value for high end basketball. You can be damn sure Brett Yormark and the Big 12 will look at this contract and continue their scheming about splitting their rights between football and basketball the next go around. <-

Reaction Score
What was a realistic number you had in mind?

I would have been happy with $600M/6 years. $9M a school. Idk. I think the optics of paying our head coach more than we make from media revenue is tough. And yes, I know it’s all accounting magic and that does not matter.

Reaction Score
If the contract is 80,000,000 that’s not to bad. . I was up last night reviewing all these conflicting numbers and that’s pretty much the number I came up with given the variety of information When you project numbers starting with actual historical numbers is the only way to even be in the ballpark , I’m a numbers nerd with a lot of time on my hands
That puts the total conference revenue at about $110 million which for a basketball only conference is very impressive.
That’s about the same as the all sport AAC who gets a piece of football playoff money and has more teams.
Thats $10,000,000 per team if divided equally
However nobody said there has to be an equal distribution of either media or NCAA money. The AAC has a two tiered structure
and the lower teams may not like it but their making 8 times more than in CUSA and as much as SDSU, which if your UTSA Is crazy . If DePaul made $4 million they would be making double the entire A10 . Im really not . Comfortable with that model but sn incentive based one which i could model in 10 -15 minutes with hard numbers .

AZ crazy plan B
If you really wanted to think out of the box and were uneasy with an unequal media distribution as us the only FSB school in the conference.
create a separate deal with a minimum of $4-5 million to cover UConn Football games even if the games are on Peacock so ehat . Face it we’re all going to buy it anyway and if you win you might even increase the fan base to include a larger area of the NE .
Especially if you use those games as a promotion or informations on Big East Basketball. We all look for off season stuff
I think NBC will easily make that money back .
In conclusion we’re not going to be able to compete with P conference money so our short term goal is create financial separation between yourself and other schools competing for a promotion.
Like in the joke you don’t have run faster than the bear ( P Schools ) to survive you have to run faster then the other guy ( G5)

Reaction Score
If the contract is 80,000,000 that’s not to bad. . I was up last night reviewing all these conflicting numbers and that’s pretty much the number I came up with given the variety of information When you project numbers starting with actual historical numbers is the only way to even be in the ballpark , I’m a numbers nerd with a lot of time on my hands
That puts the total conference revenue at about $110 million which for a basketball only conference is very impressive.
That’s about the same as the all sport AAC who gets a piece of football playoff money and has more teams.
Thats $10,000,000 per team if divided equally
However nobody said there has to be an equal distribution of either media or NCAA money. The AAC has a two tiered structure
and the lower teams may not like it but their making 8 times more than in CUSA and as much as SDSU, which if your UTSA Is crazy . If DePaul made $4 million they would be making double the entire A10 . Im really not . Comfortable with that model but sn incentive based one which i could model in 10 -15 minutes with hard numbers .

AZ crazy plan B
If you really wanted to think out of the box and were uneasy with an unequal media distribution as us the only FSB school in the conference.
create a separate deal with a minimum of $4-5 million to cover UConn Football games even if the games are on Peacock so ehat . Face it we’re all going to buy it anyway and if you win you might even increase the fan base to include a larger area of the NE .
Especially if you use those games as a promotion or informations on Big East Basketball. We all look for off season stuff
I think NBC will easily make that money back .
In conclusion we’re not going to be able to compete with P conference money so our short term goal is create financial separation between yourself and other schools competing for a promotion.
Like in the joke you don’t have run faster than the bear ( P Schools ) to survive you have to run faster then the other guy ( G5)

Thank you for putting that detailed response together. I actually don’t think your football plan is that crazy. Additionally, if the ACC collapses and there’s ANY hope in getting BC/Cuse et al then that peacock plan is not crazy whatsoever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom