Fox - Big East exclusive negotiating window | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Fox - Big East exclusive negotiating window

Reaction Score
AZ crazy plan B
If you really wanted to think out of the box and were uneasy with an unequal media distribution as us the only FSB school in the conference.
create a separate deal with a minimum of $4-5 million to cover UConn Football games even if the games are on Peacock so ehat . Face it we’re all going to buy it anyway and if you win you might even increase the fan base to include a larger area of the NE .
They already have a separate football deal. It pays 500k a year to air on CBSSN. There is no chance UConn football is drawing a 10x increase, even with a streaming product.

Reaction Score
$500K on CBSSN is still light years ahead of FCS. Georgetown gets a 1/7th share of the Patriot League football contract with ESPN+, which pays that league only $100,000 total.

That's $14,285 a school.

Reaction Score
$500K on CBSSN is still light years ahead of FCS. Georgetown gets a 1/7th share of the Patriot League football contract with ESPN+, which pays that league only $100,000 total.

That's $14,285 a school.
You could get some nice decals with that amount.

Reaction Score
They already have a separate football deal. It pays 500k a year to air on CBSSN. There is no chance UConn football is drawing a 10x increase, even with a streaming product.
My proposal had nothing specific to do with the Football prigram as a stand alon3 entity
it’s about leveraging our basketball ball to get an uneven distribution with the other teams thinking their giving up something
Think out of the Box

Reaction Score
My proposal had nothing specific to do with the Football prigram as a stand alon3 entity
it’s about leveraging our basketball ball to get an uneven distribution with the other teams thinking their giving up something
Think out of the Box
Forgive my confusion, but you specifically said get a separate deal worth 4.5 to cover football games. I simply pointed out that deal already exists (albeit at a lower price).

Can you clarify how your idea works?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The best thing we can do for our football TV contract is schedule power schools to play us in EH. If we scheduled 3 ACC teams at home per year, in theory that should get us some percentage of the football side of the ACC TV deal (assuming you get the right schools).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom