Fox - Big East exclusive negotiating window | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Fox - Big East exclusive negotiating window

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn has "repaid" the Big East several times over already. We owe the conference nothing at this point.
We owe it to the Conference to be good teammates. Do we want to be chumps like USF?

Reaction Score
I read somewhere last year that Notre Dame gets $10 million from the ACC plus a share of ACC network profits. I assumed that number was for mens and womens baskrtball basketball and 2 road football games. Plus a de minimus amount for other sports I guess. The data might be a bit off but sounds in the right neighborhood.

Reaction Score
“In November, Notre Dame and NBC extended their media rights deal through 2029, making it the longest-running college sports media partnership with a singular outlet. The deal is expected to provide the Irish $50 million annually, as reported by The Athletic.

In order to stay competitive with the top football programs in the country, the Fighting Irish needed a paycheck within the range of the Big Ten’s most recent media deal, which grants member schools around $70 million annually.

So then how is $50 million a competitive agreement? The answer lies in addition. Notre Dame also receives $17 million (according to their recent tax filings) from the ACC coming out of their media deals as part of the ACC scheduling agreement. The initial $50 million, plus the additional $17 million, places Notre Dame at an astonishing $67 million they are set to make annually, only $3 million off the pace set by the Big Ten.”

Plus, ND gets a $12M share of the CFP. $79M and counting.

Reaction Score
If $44M is the std ACC distribution, 2/12 = $7M for ND football. That would leave $10M as the value for the full Hoops participation. $17M total ACC to ND.

That’s 23% share for hoops and 77% share for football.

This analysis is far from vetted, but the numbers make sense. The math is a bit hokey. $34M for football and $10M for hoops. Maybe $9M to $11M hoops.

Big East should be seeking $10M+ per team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the formula for NCAA distribution
That‘s importany as this year NC kicks in next year.,

Reaction Score
In the AAC's case the long-term deal worked out in the conference's favor, insulating conference revenues for the left-behind teams (in a conference were more than half of the members were trying to find an exit from the start of the TV contract). The conference is now dramatically overpaid. (Case in point all 6 of their new editions are each collecting "half-shares" which were only able to be preserved by a greater than 20% increase in inventory given to the network)
The final *6 teams are
also sharing $72,000,000 in Exit fees plus the new teams paid $17,000,000 to join the conference in entry fees. UConn was also still paying an exit fee last year .
I also believe the New teams are getting over $4,000,000 a year. I was under the impression the 6 new teams shared the 4 team total keeping the contract the same.
They’re old conference was $500k and now they’re making the same as the MW
So if your UAB, Charlotte , FAU, UAB , UNT or UTA you really struck gold..
The old teams are getting about $12,000,000 For the next three years or $10,000,000 for the next 5. Depending how they distribute the exit money .
.I don’t think Temples going to the A10 anytime soon
Navy FB + WSU BB = 1 team

Reaction Score
When UConn left the deal went down by one pro-rata share (everyone was kept whole, but they didn’t get to keep UConns share) so the AAC had 11 full shares to go around. After the three teams left to the Big XII the AAC added 6 teams each of which split the three remaining “full shares” meaning Tulsa, ECU, Memphis etc got to keep their $7M annual payout while FAU, UAB, UTSA etc got 3.5M.

I’m not sure what happened with the tv deal with the SMU to Army swap (id assume Army was at least as valuable for the football inventory)

Reaction Score
We wouldn’t be able to recruit the players to win a ncca championship in the aac
UConn did win an ncaa championship in the AAC with Kevin Ollie. The last women's championship was also in the AAC.

Reaction Score
We wouldn’t be able to recruit the players to win a ncca championship in the aac
Recruiting was fine when UConn first started playing in the AAC. There were players like Daniel Hamilton, Jalen Adams, Steven Enoch, Amidah Brimah, 2016 was a top 10 recruiting class. Then, Ollie fell off a cliff and UConn suffered. That said, when Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF left the AAC, UConn basketball would have suffered and going back to the BE was the right move.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In someways the bigger news is that three of the top 10 most washed basketball games were women's games, and more specifically women's games that had Caitlyn Clark in them. That's impressive.

Reaction Score
Maybe. But remember, Ollie actually had a top 10 recruiting class in 2016. And Hurley pulled in a top 20 class, with Booknight & Akok, the year before the announced move to the BE.

Reaction Score
Hurley disagrees with you.
Hurley doesn’t express self doubt. The AAC would be killing us. It’s ok to just accept that the Big East is a great basketball conference and is where we belong if we aren’t in a P4. The AAC was a huge downgrade for our program and that negative energy surrounded us. It limited recruiting and deflated our fan base. Empty seats don’t sell well to recruits.

Reaction Score
Hurley doesn’t express self doubt. The AAC would be killing us. It’s ok to just accept that the Big East is a great basketball conference and is where we belong if we aren’t in a P4. The AAC was a huge downgrade for our program and that negative energy surrounded us. It limited recruiting and deflated our fan base. Empty seats don’t sell well to recruits.
Two things could be true. The big east has been great and Hurley has stated that they would have had the same success regardless of returning to the Big East. I trust Hurley on this matter over any poster or the twitterati.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I had a dream we got invited to the B1G so don't worry guys, no need to fret over the big east media deal or worry about a hypothetical AAC UConn team
If we were in the B1G, the B1G would finally have meaningful basketball wins.....and a better baseball program. And rounded out their map with the flagship state school of New England and arguably of NE and NY. You know all that, just saying....

Reaction Score
If we were in the B1G, the B1G would finally have meaningful basketball wins.....and a better baseball program. And rounded out their map with the flagship state school of New England and arguably of NE and NY. You know all that, just saying....
it's honestly shocking to me that no big conference will pick us up with a reduced media payout (if it hasn't already been tried). Are we really not worth an extra 5 million or whatever the BE media deal is to the B1G but SMU is to the ACC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom