Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You can argue that under the current climate, it's in his best interest to report everything. Imagine a scenario where he goes on the record with the NCAA. FBI then subpoenas the NCAA interview. They have text or email records already backing up claim x,y,z but they see that Miller didn't tell the NCAA about it. Now Miller is caught lying and that immunity he had no longer exists.

I'm not saying I agree, but it's certainly plausible

No. Its not plausible at all. It would only be plausible if he shared first hand knowledge. It would still be rat like but it meets your plausibility requirements.

Volunteering 3rd hand accounts that he doesnt even have confirmation or solid information on blows your plausibility argument out of the water.

Reaction Score
No. Its not plausible at all. It would only be plausible if he shared first hand knowledge. It would still be rat like but it meets your plausibility requirements.

Volunteering 3rd hand accounts that he doesnt even have confirmation or solid information on blows your plausibility argument out of the water.
I disagree. I don't think you're arguing in good faith.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Or does just show that Miller doesn't isn't particularly sophisticated about what he should or should not say in an NCAA interview?

Regardless, I'm not sure your rat theme really serves you all that well. It seems to suggest that Ollie is willfully complicit and that the only fault you see is the violation of a deemed "Oath of Omerta" by Miller.

August_West

Reaction Score
Or does just show that Miller doesn't isn't particularly sophisticated about what he should or should not say in an NCAA interview?

Stupidity or ignorance doesnt win points in my world. Nor is it an excuse for making horrible decisions.

August_West

Reaction Score

Regardless, I'm not sure your rat theme really serves you all that well. It seems to suggest that Ollie is willfully complicit and that the only fault you see is the violation of a deemed "Oath of Omerta" by Miller.

My opinion of Miller as a rat scumbag is totally independent of my feelings on Kevin Ollie.

My feelings of disgust toward Miller have to do with what he is trying to do to our school. Not what he is trying to do to KO.

Very telling that you will sacrifice the school, and maybe receive NCAA penalties even, because your hatred of Ollie blinds you.

CL82

Reaction Score
What is the strawman?
Very telling that you will sacrifice the school, and maybe receive NCAA penalties even, because your hatred of Ollie blinds you.
It's just stupid and wastes everyone's time reading through the thread, in my opinion. I'll give you the last word, because a ten post back and forth on crapping up threads would be just a bit too ironic.

August_West

Reaction Score
It's just stupid and wastes everyone's time reading through the thread, in my opinion. I'll give you the last word, because a ten post back and forth on crapping up threads would be just a bit too ironic.

Ok fair enough.

Actually I will stipulate that the last sentence has some strawman like properties.

Do you stipulate that you understand the first two sentences?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You can argue that under the current climate, it's in his best interest to report everything. Imagine a scenario where he goes on the record with the NCAA. FBI then subpoenas the NCAA interview. They have text or email records already backing up claim x,y,z but they see that Miller didn't tell the NCAA about it. Now Miller is caught lying and that immunity he had no longer exists.

I'm not saying I agree, but it's certainly plausible

I don't think August is off base. What txts or email records support that Miller knows anything vis a vis the the 30k? He had a conversation with his wife. That's the sum total of it.

Miller's under no obligation to report that. The only evidence he has, and the only reason he knows, is his wife tells him in conversation. If he wasn't involved, and never admits to it, then what possible evidence would the FBI uncover that even relates to him? He's completely unconnected. It's superfluous information that, at absolute best, turns out to be innocuous, but more likely, could be harmful.

It was a weak move imo.

Now, if the FBI had Glen Miller as a high value target, and somehow managed to bugged Glen Miller's house beforehand thereby having that particular conversation on record, then I take all that back.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't think August is off base. What txts or email records support that Miller knows anything vis a vis the the 30k? He had a conversation with his wife. That's the sum total of it.

Miller's under no obligation to report that. The only evidence he has, and the only reason he knows is his wife tells him in conversation. If he wasn't involved, and never admits to it, then what possible evidence would the FBI uncover that even relates to him? He's completely unconnected. It's superfluous information that, at absolute best, turns out to be innocuous, but more likely, could be harmful.

It was a weak move imo.
It also strains credulity that she didn’t say anything to him about it until after he was fired. Too convenient imo.

CL82

Reaction Score

Miller's under no obligation to report that. The only evidence he has, and the only reason he knows, is his wife tells him in conversation. If he wasn't involved, and never admits to it, then what possible evidence would the FBI uncover that even relates to him? He's completely unconnected. It's superfluous information that, at absolute best, turns out to be innocuous, but more likely, could be harmful.

It was a weak move imo.

Now, if the FBI had Glen Miller as a high value target, and somehow managed to bugged Glen Miller's house beforehand and has that conversation on record, then I take all that back.
Don't disagree. I'm just not sure how much of Miller's response is calculated and much is inexperience. I'm sure the NCAA asks very open ended questions that an inexperienced interviewee might not know to avoid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It's the "rat" that I take issue with. Disclosing the first hand, confirmed stuff arguably still makes him a "rat", whatever that is (this isn't the Mafia as far as I know). And I have no problem with that. I don't think he had much choice but to come clean.

I didn't read all of what he said, who has time for that? If he voluntarily passed on what amounts to "gossip", then he was poorly advised by his lawyer or was perhaps being vindictive, and that would be an scumbag thing to do. Saying more than he needed to, that's a fair criticism.

August_West

Reaction Score
Don't disagree. I'm just not sure how much of Miller's response is calculated and much is inexperience. I'm sure the NCAA asks very open ended questions that an inexperienced interviewee might not know to avoid.

ah the old "perjury trap" defense.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's the "rat" that I take issue with. Disclosing the first hand, confirmed stuff arguably still makes him a "rat", whatever that is (this isn't the Mafia as far as I know). And I have no problem with that. I don't think he had much choice but to come clean.

I didn't read all of what he said, who has time for that? If he voluntarily passed on what amounts to "gossip", then he was poorly advised by his lawyer or was perhaps being vindictive, and that would be an scumbag thing to do. Saying more than he needed to, that's a fair criticism.
Don't disagree. Not a huge fan of the rat label though. It's juvenile and sounds like a bunch of wanna be mafiosos.

CL82

Reaction Score
ah the old "perjury trap" defense.
Again, please stop with the infantile Cesspool crap on the main boards.

Reaction Score
It was a conversation with his wife not some guy at a car wash. That would tend to be a good deal more plausible.

And we don’t know if the NCAA is investigating it. You seem to assume they aren’t but given how they operate, that is a pretty generous assumption.

And so far Ollie hasn’t denied ANYTHING. His entire defense has been well Calhoun did it and this stuff wasn’t that bad that I should have been fired for it. He is a nice man who isn’t a very hard worker, likes to cut corners whenever and wherever possible I think. He was awful with the press. All in all Kind of a Chauncey Gardiner character in many ways spouting silliness that people thought was somehow deep.

Reaction Score

Yep...if you're ever interviewed by the law, internal audit, any sitch where someone faces the potential of a royal screwing...the correct answer is 'just enough info to answer the specific question, in as few words as possible, with NO extra whatsoever. And, don't feel obligated to fill any dead/silent spots.' (Or...so I've been told...by a friend...that...had a sitch like that once...)

CL82

Reaction Score
thats not infantile cesspool crap. grow a set.

It fits your description to a T.

You are getting way overly sensitive now.
Nah, I could give Cesspool level response, lord knows that I've clubbed you like a baby seal down there with regularity, but I don't want to see the main boards get crapped up that stuff.

(Honestly, it has been entertaining as heck watching you stumble legal sounding phrases. You just have no idea what the sounds you make actually mean.)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My opinion of Miller as a rat scumbag is totally independent of my feelings on Kevin Ollie.

My feelings of disgust toward Miller have to do with what he is trying to do to our school. Not what he is trying to do to KO.

This. Several posters in this thread are so consumed with anger regarding KO they’ve created a narrative that wants to destroy anything and everything about him.

Based on this mindset Glen Miller is the classic example of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They are ignoring, and worse, shouting down the damage some of us believe Glen has done.

Most of them understand our arguments. And JMick in a moment of weakness even expressed it. It’s just too important for their need to exact revenge to allow any arguments or positions that can potentially dilute things to be expressed.

I can understand the university’s rational for going through this process. I can understand why Glen wants to hurt KO. I can understand why fans want to as well. In the university’s case it’s business. In the other situations it’s out of the pain he caused.

We all have reasons we use to justify our positions whether they are reasonable or not. The problem as I see it is that KO can reach a place of anger that causes him to act like Glen and expose some of the real and damaging skeletons in the UConn men’s B.B. closet. And if he does that it could be game over for the program. I’m not sure a retiring President, an AD with no great loyalties to UConn, or an angry myopic fan base/boosters have appropriately weighed this risk.

Reaction Score
It also strains credulity that she didn’t say anything to him about it until after he was fired. Too convenient imo.
The problem I have is it is 3rd hand unsubstantiated....not sure what the point is, unless he was looking for revenge.

Last edited:

August_West

Reaction Score
Nah, I could give Cesspool level response, lord knows that I've clubbed you like a baby seal down there with regularity, but I don't want to see the main boards get crapped up that stuff.

(Honestly, it has been entertaining as heck watching you stumble legal sounding phrases. You just have no idea what the sounds you make actually mean.)

Yeah thats what you do.

I said the term "perjury trap" and you melted like a snow cone in Death valley. And it is a legitimate response to the scenario you posted. Your knee jerk reaction to that seemingly innocuous phrase in the context of this discussion is very telling.

Obviously I am so far in your head that you just crumble any time I reply to a post. Not a good look.

and why, like 3 times in the last day, are you telling me to stop crapping up the boards with cesspool level posts? Are you a mod?

You're not the boss of me. And I will do whatever I want until a mod tells me not to. And the thing is, the posts you are calling cesspool level dont even come close to approaching cesspool level. Do you think I care about your hypocritical sense of decorum?

Go ahead and report my posts. Become another Glen Miller.

Or don't .

I dont care either way.

unhinged.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc