Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation | The Boneyard

Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation

Reaction Score
Altimari is one of the Courant's Investigative Reporters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It would really sting if any of this results in sanctions or penalties, but I believe we have the right guy leading the program. He will get us elite again, it jusy may take a few seasons longer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, there's a little rehab of Miller in there talking about how he was an unwilling witness between a rock and hard place. Other than that, nothing new.

C

Chief00

Meh, there's a little rehab of Miller in there talking about how he was an unwilling witness between a rock and hard place. Other than that, nothing new.

There is no explanation for his speculation than stupid spite. His, I really hate doing this and it will hurt GM’s job hunting per his lawyer but let me tell you about some second hand KO speculation gossip you did not ask about - is nauseating.

The attorneys on this board won’t agree with me - but why did he negotiate immunity - if he is so appalled by all this and didn’t do some himself?

Reaction Score
There is no explanation for his speculation than stupid spite. His, I really hate doing this and it will hurt GM’s job hunting per his lawyer but let me tell you about some second hand KO speculation gossip you did not ask about - is nauseating.

The attorneys on this board won’t agree with me - but why did he negotiate immunity - if he is so appalled by all this and didn’t do some himself?
Only one reason I can think of to negotiate immunity.

Reaction Score
Other than shifting from the Courant's sport pages and sports reporters/columnists to being published by an investigative reporter, minimal if any new news appears to be reported. Just a rehash, no?

Yup... but the question for me is how much time will the investigative side of the house spend digging as opposed to the sports guys.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
At minimum I think we lose a couple scholarships, it's mentioned in Hurley's contract that he can add a year on if he responds within 30 days of this all closing.

What the school didn't expect was all the new Miller stuff. Let's say they save 5 million on Ollie, what's the cost of hurting the new era getting underway?

C

Chief00

At minimum I think we lose a couple scholarships, it's mentioned in Hurley's contract that he can add a year on if he responds within 30 days of this all closing.

What the school didn't expect was all the new Miller stuff. Let's say they save 5 million on Ollie, what's the cost of hurting the new era getting underway?

Now you know why Calhoun attempted to get Glen a life.

Reaction Score
The $30k thing was new to me.
Wow. And yes I wonder why Miller would volunteer that info. Clearly, the NCAA didn't have it.

Reaction Score

Chief don't be so dense. Miller is not doing this out of spite. There is more going on than meets the eye. Miller is being used by UCONN to make Ollie look terrible, without revealing anything damaging that would cause sanctions. Miller's testimony is nothing more than speculation and hearsay, but just the fact that he is "collaborating" with the NCAA makes Ollie look very bad and helps UCONN case to fire him without paying the 10 million.

PS: Miller is performing a service for UCONN and by extension Calhoun. He's a useful soldier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom