Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation

Reaction Score
Everyone here calling out Miller is sitting pretty on their high horse huh?

Put yourself in Miller's shoes. Say there was an ongoing FBI investigation within your work industry involving wire taps, etc. and you were aware of and witnessed your own boss partaking in illegal activity relevant to the investigation... How many of you would simply be okay with the situation and stand by your poor performing boss conducting those illegal activities during the FBI investigation?

Just by having knowledge of the illegal actions and not speaking up in that scenario would make you culpable in the investigation. You don't have to commit any wrongdoing yourself to ask for immunity.

Can't blame Miller for one second. The fact he got fired by KO just made it all that much easier. But it's funny to me how many are calling out Miller when they'd do exactly the same thing if they were put in the situation of witnessing wrongdoing during an active FBI investigation.
This is not an FBI INVESTIGATION . No one is facing jail time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why would you punish an institution for taking appropriate action? They found wrong doing. They acted immediately.

Punishing UConn would send a message if you find wrong doing, hide it, don't fix it, because the NCAA will punish you for doing the right thing.
Where have you been the last decade. You just described the way the NCAA works under Emmett and given the FBI’s investigation and the exposure at Louisville Emmert will make a big show of punishments and it won’t be against the likes of Az or Kansas.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Losing two scholarships would be crazy if what's been made public is all there is. These transgressions are worthy of nothing more than a wrist slap. However, if Emmert is hell bent on continuing his personal vendetta against us, who knows what he will come up with.

I've said all along that the administration is playing a dangerous game of chicken here. What if these secondary transgressions turn out to be the tip of a iceberg that our administration has essentially unleashed on itself?
So we are both arguing the university is playing with fire but you are stating it won’t help KO and I think it does although in my argument KO wins on merit and in the above post KO wins because if this goes to court the university will regret the potential for even more damaging exposure than already stated and would agree to KO’s terms.

Lesson is if Glen sings over a loss of pension what type of singing does someone who loses $10 million do?

Does the university take that chance?

Reaction Score
Lift the Gag order for one post - Miller is not doing this for UConn. There is no conspiracy. Go back to the grassy knoll.
Chief is right. These people may be butt holes but they are not morons. If they were to conspire as guys are suggesting it could backfire and cause them , Benedict etc. Immense problems. They know this. They would have to be really , really dumb to hatch a plan like people are speculating. My gut and common sense tells me Miller is acting alone ( unlike Lee Harvey Oswald). He is out to get KO and does not need anyone to put him up to it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You guys are whistling past the graveyard. If the NCAA believes Miller's $30k allegation, they will find a way to hit UConn for it. Believe that.

They are also operating in the context of the FBI investigation. Do they set precedent with UCONN before that all shakes out? I don't think they will.

What I can see them doing is hitting the school because they had a prior 'lack of institutional control'. The 30k doesn't necessarily matter in that scenario, because they are simply doing whatever they want.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Chief is right. These people may be butt holes but they are not morons. If they were to conspire as guys are suggesting it could backfire and cause them , Benedict etc. Immense problems. They know this. They would have to be really , really dumb to hatch a plan like people are speculating. My gut and common sense tells me Miller is acting alone ( unlike Lee Harvey Oswald). He is out to get KO and does not need anyone to put him up to it.

LOL. Rest easy we wouldn’t be here if all the parties weren’t morons.

So for your Miller is acting alone claim - why is Calhoun still employing him at St Ioe’s?

Reaction Score

So for your Miller is acting alone claim - why is Calhoun still employing him at St Ioe’s?
how would that look? There'd be another lawsuit going on with Miller and St. Joe's if he got fired after this report came out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
how would that look? There'd be another lawsuit going on with Miller and St. Joe's if he got fired after this report came out.

Um... Calhoun has known the entire time.

Reaction Score
On what basis?
firing someone in your college athletic department for speaking to NCAA investigators is going to cause a lawsuit 10/10 times. Nothing Glen Miller did was illegal or has any bearing on his employment and job performance with St. Joes.

I love how people think Ollie deserves his buyout but think Glen Miller should get fired. talk about a bunch of hypocrites.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So we are both arguing the university is playing with fire but you are stating it won’t help KO and I think it does although in my argument KO wins on merit and in the above post KO wins because if this goes to court the university will regret the potential for even more damaging exposure than already stated and would agree to KO’s terms.

Lesson is if Glen sings over a loss of pension what type of singing does someone who loses $10 million do?

Does the university take that chance?

I agree with you that it might help Ollie as a negotiation tactic prior to arbitration and/or court, but he likely only maintains any leverage from it until then. If it goes to arbitration/court I think he loses and gets nothing. That's what the contract provides for.

I think the administration is less afraid of him going ballistic after losing everything, because then he comes off as a disgruntled former employee, just like Miller has.

Reaction Score

LOL. No conspiracy, but Calhoun and UCONN knows that Miller has an axe to grind with Ollie, and doesn't need any persuading to prove useful to the university case against Ollie. That's not how these conversations happen.

Again these so-called violations were self-reported by AD Dave and UCONN athletics to the NCAA, and then they interview a disgruntled ex-assistant who was only too happy to corroborate the university's self-reported violations committed by Ollie. A good question would be how did AD Dave discover all these violations when they were self-reported... perhaps Glenn Miller. Miller according to the report did all of this for some grandiose "partial immunity" by the NCAA. Do you really think that Miller needs some BS limited immunity from the NCAA?

NCAA was directed by UCONN to interview or interrogate Glenn Miller knowing that he would jump at the chance to get even with Ollie while at the same time not hurting UCONN due to his loyalty to Calhoun.

PS: AD Dave is a cunning man. He's the right man to lead us forward.

Reaction Score
A good question would be how did AD Dave discover all these violations when they were self-reported... perhaps Glenn Miller.

Here’s an answer on one incident that likely opened the door on the others...

>>Ollie shot baskets with a potential recruit while the unnamed recruit was on an official visit. A portion of that shootaround was videotaped by the player’s aunt, which was then published by The Courant, which is how Benedict learned of the incident. Ollie didn’t deny that he participated in the shootaround but claimed it was limited in scope. The university self-reported the incident to the NCAA. In September, guard James Akinjo from California was on an official visit, and he and Ollie stopped to shoot baskets together in the Werth Family Center. Akinjo’s guardian took video of it and posted it on Twitter, which The Courant noted in a story after Akinjo committed to UConn. The video was taken down from Twitter.<<

Reaction Score
Here’s an answer on one incident that likely opened the door on the others...

>>Ollie shot baskets with a potential recruit while the unnamed recruit was on an official visit. A portion of that shootaround was videotaped by the player’s aunt, which was then published by The Courant, which is how Benedict learned of the incident. Ollie didn’t deny that he participated in the shootaround but claimed it was limited in scope. The university self-reported the incident to the NCAA. In September, guard James Akinjo from California was on an official visit, and he and Ollie stopped to shoot baskets together in the Werth Family Center. Akinjo’s guardian took video of it and posted it on Twitter, which The Courant noted in a story after Akinjo committed to UConn. The video was taken down from Twitter.<<
and they decided to do an internal review because of the FBI investigation

Reaction Score
and they decided to do an internal review because of the FBI investigation
But I thought that they all got together at the Bilderberg Meetings to conspire to get rid of Ollie. Or was the FBI investigation just another part of AD Dave and Susan’s master plan?

Reaction Score
LOL. No conspiracy, but Calhoun and UCONN knows that Miller has an axe to grind with Ollie, and doesn't need any persuading to prove useful to the university case against Ollie. That's not how these conversations happen.

Again these so-called violations were self-reported by AD Dave and UCONN athletics to the NCAA, and then they interview a disgruntled ex-assistant who was only too happy to corroborate the university's self-reported violations committed by Ollie. A good question would be how did AD Dave discover all these violations when they were self-reported... perhaps Glenn Miller. Miller according to the report did all of this for some grandiose "partial immunity" by the NCAA. Do you really think that Miller needs some BS limited immunity from the NCAA?

NCAA was directed by UCONN to interview or interrogate Glenn Miller knowing that he would jump at the chance to get even with Ollie while at the same time not hurting UCONN due to his loyalty to Calhoun.

PS: AD Dave is a cunning man. He's the right man to lead us forward.
I did not say it is a conspiracy. I said it wasn't.

Reaction Score

I don't know. Ask him.

Reaction Score
Um... Calhoun has known the entire time.
He may have known but it does not make him the mastermind. I can see him telling Miller " do what you want and leave me out if it"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
firing someone in your college athletic department for speaking to NCAA investigators is going to cause a lawsuit 10/10 times. Nothing Glen Miller did was illegal or has any bearing on his employment and job performance with St. Joes.

I love how people think Ollie deserves his buyout but think Glen Miller should get fired. talk about a bunch of hypocrites.

You do know that St Joe’s is a private school correct?

Who said that he should get fired? It might impact his performance though - some parents/kids might think twice about commiting to a program with a rat at #2.

The point is a man with a famous temper is just going to look past his #2 potentially damaging the program he built and where he collects hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for a no show job? Think for two seconds.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He may have known but it does not make him the mastermind. I can see him telling Miller " do what you want and leave me out if it"

He may have known? Calhoun is employed by the UConn AD... nobody told him Miller went rat?

The only way to leave Calhoun out of it would be to resign from St Joe’s.

Reaction Score
He may have known? Calhoun is employed by the UConn AD... nobody told him Miller went rat?

The only way to leave Calhoun out of it would be to resign from St Joe’s.
Well I just hate for JC to get dragged through the mud. He is the reason we have this boneyard. I am old enough to remember when Uconn was not even the best team in Connecticut, let alone the nation.

Reaction Score
AD Dave is a joke. The fact he's using these minimal infractions as the at cause reason to get out of paying Ollie make me question his leadership. I will no longer donate the little yearly donation to the athletic department i make until he is gone.

We are talking about someone who came from the Auburn athletic department who paid $100k to cam Newton. He knows all to well what happens at big time universities and would never fire a coach for what Ollie was doing if the results were different. He's hypocrite who can't be trusted. If he was honest and did this the right way instead of trying to weasel out of a bad deal I'd have a different opinion of him.

And Miller is garbage. He will never work D1 again. Sabotages the basketball program over being bitter. He could have taken the high road sucked it up and gotten Calhoun to help him get on another big time staff. Despicable actions. Don't think it was coordinated by the athletic department but don't think they tried shutting it down either because it vibed and helped them out with their end game of firing Ollie and attempting to save $10 mil

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom