Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation

Curiouser
Reaction Score
firing someone in your college athletic department for speaking to NCAA investigators is going to cause a lawsuit 10/10 times. Nothing Glen Miller did was illegal or has any bearing on his employment and job performance with St. Joes.

I love how people think Ollie deserves his buyout but think Glen Miller should get fired. talk about a bunch of hypocrites.
My point is that Miller’s “protected activity” has no nexus with his job at St. Joe’s so I don’t think it could provide a basis for him to sue if he loses it.

I also didn’t say Ollie deserves his buyout.

Reaction Score
Yes. The 'ol wink and the nod. They didn't orchestrate it, but they
did nothing to stop it. What a bummer this crap is happening at this time. I am so optimistic about Hurley, just thinking about the fun of Uconn running teams out
Of the building. Whether Ollie deserves the money or not I don't know and don't care. I wish they could just pay him and put this to rest. It's getting to be a soap opera. We are all spinning our wheels here on the boneyard about this. I think one way, then I read someones post and think hmmm, that's a good point. Then my opinion shifts. I just want it over and done. I am done trying to figure out who did what, is it a conspiracy, is miller a lone wolf, and so on.

Reaction Score
LOL. No conspiracy, but Calhoun and UCONN knows that Miller has an axe to grind with Ollie, and doesn't need any persuading to prove useful to the university case against Ollie. That's not how these conversations happen.

Again these so-called violations were self-reported by AD Dave and UCONN athletics to the NCAA, and then they interview a disgruntled ex-assistant who was only too happy to corroborate the university's self-reported violations committed by Ollie. A good question would be how did AD Dave discover all these violations when they were self-reported... perhaps Glenn Miller. Miller according to the report did all of this for some grandiose "partial immunity" by the NCAA. Do you really think that Miller needs some BS limited immunity from the NCAA?

NCAA was directed by UCONN to interview or interrogate Glenn Miller knowing that he would jump at the chance to get even with Ollie while at the same time not hurting UCONN due to his loyalty to Calhoun.

PS: AD Dave is a cunning man. He's the right man to lead us forward.
Holy Huskies! If he was so smart we wouldn't be in this predicament! I fear what else could possibly happen.

Reaction Score
AD Dave is a joke. The fact he's using these minimal infractions as the at cause reason to get out of paying Ollie make me question his leadership. I will no longer donate the little yearly donation to the athletic department i make until he is gone.

We are talking about someone who came from the Auburn athletic department who paid $100k to cam Newton. He knows all to well what happens at big time universities and would never fire a coach for what Ollie was doing if the results were different. He's hypocrite who can't be trusted. If he was honest and did this the right way instead of trying to weasel out of a bad deal I'd have a different opinion of him.

And Miller is garbage. He will never work D1 again. Sabotages the basketball program over being bitter. He could have taken the high road sucked it up and gotten Calhoun to help him get on another big time staff. Despicable actions. Don't think it was coordinated by the athletic department but don't think they tried shutting it down either because it vibed and helped them out with their end game of firing Ollie and attempting to save $10 mil
You people live in a different universe than the rest of us.

Reaction Score
AD Dave is a joke. The fact he's using these minimal infractions as the at cause reason to get out of paying Ollie make me question his leadership. I will no longer donate the little yearly donation to the athletic department i make until he is gone.

We are talking about someone who came from the Auburn athletic department who paid $100k to cam Newton. He knows all to well what happens at big time universities and would never fire a coach for what Ollie was doing if the results were different. He's hypocrite who can't be trusted. If he was honest and did this the right way instead of trying to weasel out of a bad deal I'd have a different opinion of him.

And Miller is garbage. He will never work D1 again. Sabotages the basketball program over being bitter. He could have taken the high road sucked it up and gotten Calhoun to help him get on another big time staff. Despicable actions. Don't think it was coordinated by the athletic department but don't think they tried shutting it down either because it vibed and helped them out with their end game of firing Ollie and attempting to save $10 mil
Please

C

Chief00

Well, I am not taking out a subscription to The Day to read one story. Anyways, this is what lawyers are paid to do, especially when their client’s car drives into a ditch. Glen perhaps thought this would make him a hero with the fan base despite being motivated with bitterness. I don’t know the exact timing of his interview - before or after no one would hire him just for being himself. Now it’s a guarantee no one will hire him other than Calhoun and you can come up with some theories why that happened but it would be speculation.

Reaction Score
Well, I am not taking out a subscription to The Day to read one story. Anyways, this is what lawyers are paid to do, especially when their client’s car drives into a ditch. Glen perhaps thought this would make him a hero with the fan base despite being motivated with bitterness. I don’t know the exact timing of his interview - before or after no one would hire him just for being himself. Now it’s a guarantee no one will hire him other than Calhoun and you can come up with some theories why that happened but it would be speculation.

Jesus... how long have you been on here?

Open the article incognito or google the story title. Free read...

BTW... what’s your theory on why Ricky Moore hasn’t been hired?

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Uconn needs to make this situation go away. Unfortunately I don't think they have the money to.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but there has to be something more.

A mother supposedly saying something to Miller's wife who told Miller who told the NCAA is just not going to convict anyone of anything.

Now there may be collaborating evidence, and that changes things. But right now it can be argued Miller is acting like a scorned woman. Ollie could actually argue Miller is working for the University as they attempt to save
$ 10,000,000

I would also think Ollie might just take his firing and run if he knows that's out there and it's legit, and the union ain't going to defend that either

So I'm just going to have to let time do it's thing, especially when it comes to the credibility of the modern day media.

willie99

Reaction Score
Would you feel the same way if they interviewed the 30K kid's mom and she spilled...gave names, dates, locations, etc?
You could say "that would never happen" and probably won't...but, why intro the risk? Just not seeing any upside to UConn for that reference...

You're changing the facts, different facts yield different results

Reaction Score
You people live in a different universe than the rest of us.

I totally agree. "Pay him b/c I like him." Do they pay for groceries that were never delivered b/c the store owner went to the same high school? Same people complain about the fiscal mess the State is in.

Reaction Score
Uconn needs to make this situation go away. Unfortunately I don't think they have the money to.
UCONN needs to fight this off through the courts. The only people hot and bothered by this are my fellow psychos here on BY. If UCONN didn't fight it, the majority of the state would be freaking out (legitimately) over how poorly the school manages TAXPAYER money.

Seriously, if you want to spend the money, send Ollie a check. The rest of us prefer not to waste our taxpayer money.

Reaction Score
So let’s see if I have this right. Ollie drove an elite basketball program off a cliff through incompetence, laziness and very probably cheating and at least violating NCAA rules. But the bad guy is Glenn Miller and Ollie should get $10 million.

Jim Calhoun really needs to own this entire mess in a way. Both are his guys and he did select Kevin Ollie as his successor. Warde deserves some blame as well since he lacked the guts to tell Calhoun No. as with football it has fallen to Dave to fix the messes caused by Calhoun and the Rock Star. But he is somehow a bad guy too.

willie99

Reaction Score
So let’s see if I have this right. Ollie drove an elite basketball program off a cliff through incompetence, laziness and very probably cheating and at least violating NCAA rules. But the bad guy is Glenn Miller and Ollie should get $10 million.

Jim Calhoun really needs to own this entire mess in a way. Both are his guys and he did select Kevin Ollie as his successor. Warde deserves some blame as well since he lacked the guts to tell Calhoun No. as with football it has fallen to Dave to fix the messes caused by Calhoun and the Rock Star. But he is somehow a bad guy too.

Is there really somebody who suggested any of this? I have to think not

Reaction Score
We're going to need somebody to back up a truck loaded with gatorade or poweraid - this pissing contest is picking up pace, and I'd hate to see it end for want of hydration.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
you dont think Glen Miller is a bad guy rat?

You're lost.

The article made it sound like he didn't really have much of a choice in the matter, and that he didn't initiate any of it. It certainly seems clear that UConn didn't work with him or ask him to do this.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The article made it sound like he didn't really have much of a choice in the matter, and that he didn't initiate any of it. It certainly seems clear that UConn didn't work with him or ask him to do this.

What?!!

Glen Miller didnt have a choice to not pass on 3rd hand hearsay and stammering garbage to the NCAA?

Why not? What bound him to having to spout that nonsense. Please enlighten me.

Reaction Score
What?!!

Glen Miller didnt have a choice to not pass on 3rd hand hearsay and stammering garbage to the NCAA?

Why not? What bound him to having to spout that nonsense. Please enlighten me.
You can argue that under the current climate, it's in his best interest to report everything. Imagine a scenario where he goes on the record with the NCAA. FBI then subpoenas the NCAA interview. They have text or email records already backing up claim x,y,z but they see that Miller didn't tell the NCAA about it. Now Miller is caught lying and that immunity he had no longer exists.

I'm not saying I agree, but it's certainly plausible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom