Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Former UConn Basketball Asst. Makes Serious Accusations Regarding Kevin Ollie In NCAA Investigation

Reaction Score
I think we agree. And the message that it was intended to send to Ollie was...come to the table or lose. We are not caving in. Ball is in his court as he chooses arbitration or court based on my recollection. Court is going to take a long time and cost him a lot of money in legal fees.
I don't think he will sue for wrongful termination. Asking for the records of other coaches? This would appear to be a discrimination lawsuit. Surprised no has mentioned that. So this happened under so and so, how was THAT handled.... Who in hear thinks he would not win that....?

Reaction Score
That’s bs. Not all of the players even had cars. Yes, some players had nice cars but in many cases, parents were taking loans based on their kid’s future earnings potential. Others had parents that could easily afford a nice car.

Was anyone given a luxury car to use while in school? It’s possible, but I never heard that. There were players working for dealers, so they may have had a “loaner” to use for a period of time. Even in those cases, I don’t remember seeing the cars around for long.

Reaction Score
If Calhoun intentionally cheated, he sucked at it. We got out recruited by countless coaches at countless schools, by a LOT! Did he try to get away with everything he thought he could get away with? Yeah, probably. But if he was doing stuff he knew was going to get him in trouble, he got little to no return on that risk. Doesn't make sense. Never did. Never will.

When there is smoke surrounding a coach that is landing a ton of blue Chip players, you wonder. When that coach has little to nothing else to offer the recuits he is landing, you REALLY wonder. But when a hall of fame coach with multiple championships struggles to land one or two burger kids, he either isn't cheating or he sucks at it.

C

Chief00

Lmao I’m 95% sure I’m lookin at Glen Miller in a Weha bar rn. It’s absolutley him
Ironically, Miller and Ollie use to go clubbing at Shrines, Vegas and other places. Until the Diallo disaster Miller was the Coach always up for going out in KO’s early HC years compared to Hobbs or Blaney. That’s why this Miller purity BS is tough for me to take. Who’s kidding who?

Reaction Score
Is he on the floor looking for cheese?
Let's say Ollie has some dirt on Calhoun and then, let's say, he exposes that dirt to try and win this case. Is he a rat too then?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let's say Ollie has some dirt on Calhoun and then, let's say, he exposes that dirt to try and win this case. Is he a rat too then?

If that made him a rat you could go back to supporting him!

C

Chief00

Neither Ollie or Miller is distinguishing themself. Neither ever struck me as smart and it’s showing.

Reaction Score
Know you didn't ask me...but yes...and no. One difference...GM seemed to do it for spite, Ollie is doing it for 10 million, if he does.
For me, spite is a better reason. Ollie actually did something to Miller to warrant revenge. Ollie is doing this for personal greed. If he turns on Calhoun and UConn for money, he would be a rat.

Funny that whaler hasn't responded.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Know you didn't ask me...but yes...and no. One difference...GM seemed to do it for spite, Ollie is doing it for 10 million, if he does.
Both could be labeled as "ego protection," though without doubt money holds a far wider positive appeal to posters here, as is reflected in the ongoing comments.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yes. He'd also never work in basketball again.

Reaction Score

Miller is undermining Ollie’s case to win 10 million dollars against UCONN. That part is true.

Miller didn’t undermine Ollie as head coach, there is a big distinction between the two. Ollie being they typical insecure Pollyanna who to compensate for his ineptitude went on to hire clueless Yes men.

Miller isn’t a rat, he is willingly and happily doing UCONN a service while also exacting revenge on someone who wronged him.

PS: A rat implies Miller had some loyalty to Ollie to begin with. He never did, he is loyal to Calhoun and his paychecks.

Reaction Score
Both could be labeled as "ego protection," though without doubt money holds a far wider positive appeal to posters here, as is reflected in the ongoing comments.
UConn fired Ollie for cause because:
1. They are astounded by those awful revelations and the pain of firing him was tramatic
2. They up and committed they University to a 15-18 million dollar investment in 2016/17 ,that we really didn’t have , in a guy who went off the rails after his astounding success in 2014 . It’s the only way we could save $10,000,000 and maybe our sorry butts.
Clue it’s one of the above.

Reaction Score
I don't think he will sue for wrongful termination. Asking for the records of other coaches? This would appear to be a discrimination lawsuit. Surprised no has mentioned that. So this happened under so and so, how was THAT handled.... Who in hear thinks he would not win that....?

You'd have to first compare his contract language to that of Calhoun's contract. Didn't UConn stress the importance of compliance, etc. in all their newest contracts because of what happened in Calhoun's later years?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You and I have been directly responsive to each other a couple of times, and I find this out of character to your steady statement of preference for settlement. Of course, you owe me nothing, but your last sentence undermines the credibility of what you've written elsewhere.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn fired Ollie for cause because:
1. They are astounded by those awful revelations and the pain of firing him was tramatic
2. They up and committed they University to a 15-18 million dollar investment in 2016/17 ,that we really didn’t have , in a guy who went off the rails after his astounding success in 2014 . It’s the only way we could save $10,000,000 and maybe our sorry butts.
Clue it’s one of the above.
I had to look back to what I was commenting on to see why you Reply seemed 'off.'

My Comment referred exclusively to motivations imagined for Miller & Ollie. I don't see how what you've written applies to that.

Assessing what you've written on its own, the "clue" you've offered confidently shoehorns things into a mutually exclusive two-sided view. I don't regard the rules violations in such a caricatures fashion, and think it's plausible even to give both options weight, surely enough to form the basis for terminating Ollie's employment at a reduced payout amount, or, phrased differently, paying a not insignificant amount to a coach who in addition to performing poorly also kept insufficient fidelity to the rules that were a condition of employment in a post-sanction period.

Bonus question - Do you think that the University has the resources to have responsibly entered into contract with Dan Hurley?

Reaction Score
For me, spite is a better reason. Ollie actually did something to Miller to warrant revenge. Ollie is doing this for personal greed. If he turns on Calhoun and UConn for money, he would be a rat.

Funny that whaler hasn't responded.
@whaler11

I would like to point out that whaler still hasn't answered the following question:

If Ollie turns on Calhoun and brings up previously undisclosed violations, would Ollie be a RAT? Yes or no?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@whaler11

I would like to point out that whaler still hasn't answered the following question:

If Ollie turns on Calhoun and brings up previously undisclosed violations, would Ollie be a RAT? Yes or no?

I didn’t answer it because it’s both stupid and vague but if Ollie runs to the NCAA with old Calhoun violations yes he’d also be a rat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom