Forever Seats? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Forever Seats?

Reaction Score
I’m a season ticket holder but not someone dumb enough to think a marketing slogan was binding.

Go ahead and sue UConn if you want. Get a class action going, too. And if you win, when you end up underwater because of the legal bill, you’ll realize how much time and money you wasted.

Or shut up and grow up. That’s also an option.

Everyone panicking when they don’t even know if they’re impacted. Mad for the sake of mad.
You don’t send an email like that and then say oh well we’ll tell you in a few months how it’s going to all work. That’s the issue. It’s about raking in some dough. Nobody is going to sue them, it’s about principle, which in the world today is lacking. Like your brain power.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Really? You don't think the building of a basketball practice facility, or the new volleyball facility, both of which negate most of the need for retractable seating, aren't in play? You don't think that luxury seating isn't in play? (which will also take away from the "corporates" you're all whining about too)

I'd at least hold off outrage until the seating plan shakes out.

Typical internet troll, a fighting man I see. You mistake conversation and concern and disappointment with "outrage". Ironically, you're the one displaying outrage

When you grow up, you might someday realize good and smart people can and do disagree, and you may not be triggered so easily

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Granted, I am viewing this from a different position than many on here as a) I have never had season tickets at Gampel and b) I haven't had season tickets in Hartford in nearly 15 years, as getting to midweek games became difficult with taking partial vacation days in order to hit the road in time to get to Hartford before tipoff, but there are a handful of realities that we need to accept, even with the cold, indifference of offering forever seats, then changing things a few years later.

We want to claim that we are peers with the likes of Kentucky & UNC. I am curoius as to what lower bowl, middle third of the court seatiing costs at Rupp and the Dean Dome. Add to this the fact that they are roughlt double the size of Gampel, which should reducing pricing significantly. We need to accept that if we want to compete at the highest levels, it includes being in an arms race, which, for a handful of reasons, we are at a significant competitive disadvantage.

For the purpose of full candor, when I first saw the mention of Forever Seating I thought this woud be circumvented by pricing people out at some point, basically giving plausible deniability to the notion that they never intended to honor the seating pledge by claiming fans who had given up tickets (due to cost) did so on their own accord, not because the school decided to take their seats from them, but the underlying fact is that nobody should have expected the seats to always be available and affordable shy of the program reaching a slow, steady decline.

As callous as this may sound, supporting the program is still a discretionary activity and as fans we need to accept that common sense in terms of how each of us can spend their resources (time, money) in supporting the program, adding to the the strong likelyhood that shy of the school building a much larger arena, prices will continue to rise as time passes.

Reaction Score
We want to claim that we are peers with the likes of Kentucky & UNC. I am curoius as to what lower bowl, middle third of the court seatiing costs at Rupp and the Dean Dome. Add to this the fact that they are roughlt double the size of Gampel, which should reducing pricing significantly. We need to accept that if we want to compete at the highest levels, it includes being in an arms race, which, for a handful of reasons, we are at a significant competitive disadvantage.
When UConn increased seat donations a few years ago, Benedict sent out an email claiming that some schools that we compete with "regionally and nationally" raised 20% - 30% more through seat donations and ticket sales.

I know there was another communication at some point where he compared lower bowl prices to those of a few other Big East schools.

Reaction Score
WKYT reported Kentucky raised prices for the first time in five years--best lower bowl seats $10,000 for 18 games; uppers $850.
If you are a new fan, you can buy into the lower bowl for $50,000 to the K Fund, paid in five annual installments.Welcome to the Big Time.

Reaction Score
There is a HUGE difference between raising prices and telling people they may need to move because their seats will get taken by someone with more money/points. This just wasn’t well thought out, communicating with little to no actual details.

Reaction Score
WKYT reported Kentucky raised prices for the first time in five years--best lower bowl seats $10,000 for 18 games; uppers $850.
If you are a new fan, you can buy into the lower bowl for $50,000 to the K Fund, paid in five annual installments.Welcome to the Big Time.
I priced out my sec seats compared to Kentucky similar seats. XL price $78 per game. UK is $138 per game. Including all licensing/seat donations

Reaction Score
I’m a season ticket holder but not someone dumb enough to think a marketing slogan was binding.

Go ahead and sue UConn if you want. Get a class action going, too. And if you win, when you end up underwater because of the legal bill, you’ll realize how much time and money you wasted.

Or shut up and grow up. That’s also an option.

Everyone panicking when they don’t even know if they’re impacted. Mad for the sake of mad.
Well if you read the email it was a promise. Integrity means little these days. I see by your comments you think you’re smarter than the rest of us. I wish I was as fortunate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom