Forever Seats? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Forever Seats?

Reaction Score
The business of college sports has changed and UConn’s revenue stream is not well-situated to deal with it. Just staying in place will cost millions a year.

It’s not awesome for some people, but fans and students will be footing t
Not sure it will be the fans paying for it. I went on a team trip last year and sat next to someone from Coke who had never been to a game before. Once the lower bowl goes full corporate everyone will wonder what happened to to our great home court crowd.

From the email "people who have contributed at least one million dollars will get first selection"

Reaction Score
I think they may be moving the students to the sidelines which is why they are doing this process...As someone who has 4 lower bowl sideline tickets at Gampel it sucks that I'll probably get bumped but at the same time this will be a much better atmosphere for games if students are on the sidelines.
No chance

Reaction Score
I get why they just care about the bottom line, but at some point they need to look at how much they are alienating their most passionate fans and ticket-holders. What is the benefit analysis? Lower Bowl at Gampel will soon look like behind home plate at Yankee Stadium- corporate, unenthusiastic, clueless suits who are their to entertain and certainly not to BLEED BLUE!!! I personally will lose seats I've had there since the building opened, and it's a shame and deeply upsetting. Just poor form....poor form

Reaction Score
I get why they just care about the bottom line, but at some point they need to look at how much they are alienating their most passionate fans and ticket-holders. What is the benefit analysis? Lower Bowl at Gampel will soon look like behind home plate at Yankee Stadium- corporate, unenthusiastic, clueless suits who are their to entertain and certainly not to BLEED BLUE!!! I personally will lose seats I've had there since the building opened, and it's a shame and deeply upsetting. Just poor form....poor form
The benefit is they make a ton of money and gain a bunch of ticket holders who care enough to spend a lot of money on them. Seems unlikely that the people who have been paying and will continue to pay $1000s for tickets don't really care about the team.

Reaction Score
Back in the day, when it was all priority points, and THEY decided where we sat, we went from great seats to crappy ones, as the years went by. We stopped getting STs for years because of that. I decided to start up again when Hurley came, and they went to the new system of seating. Looks like they are going back to pure priority again. I sure hope we get the option of keeping these new seats, once we get them. I care deeply about the team. You just get fed up sometimes with obvious money grabs....in all walks of life.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You can’t have been paying attention to what is happening in college sports and then casually dismiss ‘the bottom line.’ The athletic department’s finances are hugely consequential here.

Our fandom has been subsidized forever by the university and the students. Their costs keep going up, our costs will need keep going up in the form of licenses, donations, ticket prices, etc. It’s unavoidable.

Also, the “corporations will take over” gambit has been peddled since the 1990s and it hasn’t happened, so everyone can stop.

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen an image of where the XL premium seating will be? I have loved my corner seats for years going back to watching Georgetown, Patrick Ewing defense from that angle I’ve turned down many opportunities to get so-called better seats. It doesn’t shock me that my forever corner seat is now at risk. I know some of the corporate types that like to sit midcourt and potentially might be bumped by premium seating. Might not want to sit in the corner, but there’s no way I’m moving to the upper level, it will be bye-bye 50 years of season tickets if that happens

Reaction Score
When were seats promoted by UConn as "forever seats"? I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and have never seen anything suggesting that you get to keep your seats forever. It's always been points (money) based, as far as I can recall.
Well they were.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I would rather be priced out of the tickets, than have an eminent domain scheme instituted to force me out.

If they raised prices & had the demand to fill the seats - more power to program - I would not complain.

To get me out of my seats & then move 467 people in front of me in line. Poor form.

Reaction Score
I would rather be priced out of the tickets, than have an eminent domain scheme instituted to force me out.

If they raised prices & had the demand to fill the seats - more power to program - I would not complain.

To get me out of my seats & then move 467 people in front of me in line. Poor form.
The subtle part about all of this, which might the most offensive, is the way they are trying to pit us against each other. We are all encouraged to make a donation to the Husky Athletic Fund to improve our priority point total, effectively paying to "jump the line."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think they may be moving the students to the sidelines which is why they are doing this process...As someone who has 4 lower bowl sideline tickets at Gampel it sucks that I'll probably get bumped but at the same time this will be a much better atmosphere for games if students are on the sidelines.
Of course, it's equally possible that they will just go to the highest bidder who may or may not show up on game day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom