Forever Seats? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Forever Seats?

Reaction Score
If it was ordinary business you’d be strung up by the AG for unfair trade practices. But, apparently rules don’t apply to our overlords.

Reaction Score
Total BS taking away our forever seats.
I understand the desire to cash in on two NC Championships, while the irons are hot, and the AD’s need for dollars. But, this seems like the type of poorly thought out overreach that could end in a costly Class Action Lawsuit. It may have been more bluster than thoughtfulness and it is the type of language consultants peddle - but “Forever Seats” speaks for itself - it will be tough to spin that agreement was something other than what it was.
Dave should reconsider this approach before the hole gets deeper.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will these be New Forever Seats--or every year there's a new auction and you get bumped?
I asked that question and my rep said he didn’t know. That information will be coming out later this year. I can’t see that it’s going to be an answer that we like. Otherwise, they would’ve just told us already so we’d only be half as pissed.

Reaction Score
I asked that question and my rep said he didn’t know. That information will be coming out later this year. I can’t see that it’s going to be an answer that we like. Otherwise, they would’ve just told us already so we’d only be half as pissed.
I was going to email my rep, but decided not to because I'm pretty sure his responses will make me even more irritated than I presently am. He wasn't particularly soothing when I contacted him a couple of weeks ago to register my dissatisfaction with the XL game lineup this coming season.

Reaction Score
I can see both sides, but winning out why should a long time donor that donates say $1K per year get better seats than a new donor that donates $5K+ per year? New donors willing to shell out more dough should get some benefit or else why do It? It’s unfortunate, but this is big time college athletics.
A longtime donor that gives $1k per year should have their seats because the athletic department has spent the past five years telling them that they are their Forever Seats — to keep business when the program was cratering, to plead for donations during a global pandemic with no product to offer and to ask for additional money as the program’s rise continued.

Had the program not chosen that route, they could do whatever they want, but the same athletic director who is calling the shots today made that decision and spent half a decade repeating a lie. This isn’t big-time athletics, it’s selling snake oil.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A longtime donor that gives $1k per year should have their seats because the athletic department has spent the past five years telling them that they are their Forever Seats — to keep business when the program was cratering, to plead for donations during a global pandemic with no product to offer and to ask for additional money as the program’s rise continued.

Had the program not chosen that tact, they could do whatever they want, but the same athletic director who is calling the shots today made that choice and spent half a decade repeating a lie. This isn’t big-time athletics, it’s selling snake oil.
these same long-time donors also continued to donate/buy season tickets during some years of truly horrendous program history, and these same donors supported football during these years of struggle too (ask me how I know). Now that's all thrown overboard for Johnny-come-lately fair weather fans with deeper pockets now that the basketball program saw the light of day again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom