For those carrying recruiting grudges... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

For those carrying recruiting grudges...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chattanooga traveled to Georgia and beat the Bulldogs 92-90 in overtime.

Will Jackson played 14 futile minutes and went 1-4 (all three pointers) and scored four points. I think he has rickets.

But better....Monmouth also won in overtime, but against UCLA. Prince Ali was 2-7 in 18 minutes for seven points.

UCLA was pretty impressive - they blew a 13-point second half lead and then blew another six-point lead in overtime. Bryce Alford just takes the worst shots imaginable - UCLA fans are going to ride him out of town.
It takes a special kind of dunce to crap on a kid(s) who struggled in their first game of college, but hey I cannot say I am surprised.

Reaction Score
I really could care less about likes or dislikes when I post. It won't change my life one way or another. I would like to have my posts liked, but it isn't the end of the world. I am very low in the like dept as I notice. WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.
What ? I check my likes everyday :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm glad we didn't get Mack. I don't think he is the greatest shooter and if we signed Mack we probably don't sign Jackson. Jackson seems like the real deal as a shooter.

Reaction Score
What's a Husky91? Another poster who thinks Brimah is lousy and can't stand his antics when he dunks over 6-6 guys while sucking against good competition. Hey Amida, go watch the Duke highlights again. Get ready to face even more mature and physical versions of Okafor at the next level.

Is that Husky91?

Reaction Score
What's a Husky91? Another poster who thinks Brimah is lousy and can't stand his antics when he dunks over 6-6 guys while sucking against good competition. Hey Amida, go watch the Duke highlights again. Get ready to face even more mature and physical versions of Okafor at the next level.

How did some of us go in this thread from not actually "dumping" on the performances of kids who chose not to attend UConn to backing up a Mack truck and really dumping on a kid who chose to attend UConn, plays hard every minute he is on the court, cheers hard every minute while on the bench and who has improved in each of his three seasons?

Reaction Score
Because people have suggested Brimah is either better or preferred to Stone. Anyone who says that is either a liar or stupid, or both.

How did some of us go in this thread from not actually "dumping" on the performances of kids who chose not to attend UConn to backing up a Mack truck and really dumping on a kid who chose to attend UConn, plays hard every minute he is on the court, cheers hard every minute while on the bench and who has improved in each of his three seasons?

Reaction Score
Because people have suggested Brimah is either better or preferred to Stone. Anyone who says that is either a liar or stupid, or both.

He may not be better but preferred maybe. Junior who can block shots and protect the rim may be the answer for this team? Who knows, I do like knowing exactly what I have rather than wondering.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If that's the only thought pinging around in your pin head, we heard it and we get it. If you have nothing else to offer, you can be done here.

Reaction Score
You are a disgrace to UConn, its fandom, and the small internet community we have developed here. Why can't you go be miserable somewhere else?

Reaction Score
Brimah is one of the most likable human beings to put on a UConn jersey. The post Husky91 replied to by dumping on him didn't even mention him, and yet he goes out of his way to turn this into an extended Brimah-bashing session.

pj

Reaction Score
We don't have to think about who's better, Stone or Brimah, because Stone didn't come here. The fact is Brimah is one of the best centers in college basketball and changes the game through defensive intimidation, regardless of stats. We're going to miss him when he's gone and it might be as soon as next May.

Reaction Score
He really isn't and doesn't. He doesn't stay on the floor against good teams and his stats are awful. He'd be crazy to leave after this year unless he plans to play in Europe, China or Turkey.

NBAdraft.net has him going mid 2nd round in 2017, which is like saying he's a long shot to make a roster like a AO or Deng. They are not the last word, but look at Thabeet, who was a better version of Brimah and can't make a roster.

I just hate his antics, he's a total joke against good teams.

We don't have to think about who's better, Stone or Brimah, because Stone didn't come here. The fact is Brimah is one of the best centers in college basketball and changes the game through defensive intimidation, regardless of stats. We're going to miss him when he's gone and it might be as soon as next May.

Reaction Score
Brimah has a PER of 57.3 right now. If he maintains that he's a sure-fire lock for the league.

Reaction Score
He may not be better but preferred maybe. Junior who can block shots and protect the rim may be the answer for this team? Who knows, I do like knowing exactly what I have rather than wondering.
Mau defending AB. That's evolution. Now let's see, Brimah was instrumental in helping us win a championship his freshman year. Was AAC defensive player of the year his sophomore season. And begins year 3 with 18, 7, 9. Boy he sucks. Let's not forget his"antics"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brimah has a PER of 57.3 right now. If he maintains that he's a sure-fire lock for the league.
Yes I think we can all agree that if he maintains averages of 17/7/9 he will be a first round lock...he had a PER of 23.8 last year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Prince Ali would've played for us. The fact he didn't blow the socks off anyone in his first game ever shouldn't surprise anyone.

Reaction Score
Yes, let's base our opinion on games against Coppin St and Maine and not Duke or ASU or others. Again, go look at his stats against RPI top 50 teams, they're dismal.

Don't you think that's what NBA scouts and GMs do? Do you think they place much value on him getting lobs against 6-6 guys.

Mau defending AB. That's evolution. Now let's see, Brimah was instrumental in helping us win a championship his freshman year. Was AAC defensive player of the year his sophomore season. And begins year 3 with 18, 7, 9. Boy he sucks. Let's not forget his"antics"

Reaction Score
For someone whose purpose is hating UConn players, there are hundreds of other forums you can choose from. Take your pick.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Yes, let's base our opinion on games against Coppin St and Maine and not Duke or ASU or others. Again, go look at his stats against RPI top 50 teams, they're dismal.

Don't you think that's what NBA scouts and GMs do? Do you think they place much value on him getting lobs against 6-6 guys.
Seriously - you have said the same thing over and over. We get it - you don't like Brimah. If you can't add anything different, you are not needed here. Last warning.

Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
You are a disgrace to UConn, its fandom, and the small internet community we have developed here.

He's not significant enough to to be any of that. Just a garden variety @-H0le.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Milachi "Crunch" Richardson" had 14 points and was 4-9 from the arc with the Cuse.

Reaction Score
Number of baskets Okafor made on Brimah last year: 0

That stat obviously has an asterisk. Brimah only played nine minutes, and Okafor drew a couple of the fouls to force him to the bench (two of which were frankly dubious calls, but oh well). His offensive highlight was a really nice spin move around Phil Nolan for a dunk. But this Okafor-Brimah matchup that some people reference here is a figment of their own imagination. Brimah picked up a stupid foul 15 seconds in trying to draw a charge in help defense and never played more than 3 consecutive minutes thereafter.

Reaction Score
...Okafor drew a couple of the fouls to force him to the bench...
That's a pretty big issue though, isn't it? I love everything Amida brings to the table and think he's a much better offensive player than most realize, but he's a reckless and hapless post defender. That German kid on Maine went 4-for-6 on post-ups against him the other night, while the one time he tried to post up against Enoch he was rejected.

I'm happy Amida's here, I think we can win a title with him, I think he's the country's best rim protector, and I think he has a nice future as a pro. I also think Husky91's a moron.

But Amida's still a brutally bad post defender. Bad instincts means he often gets beat to the spot; bad core strength means he's not able to push other guys away; bad footwork means even 6-foot-8 guys can get their shots off if they put a shoulder into his chest.

I'm sure it's something that they work on with him literally every day in practice. But I'm expecting Stone to draw at least 4 fouls on Amida, who will play less than 20 minutes vs. the Terps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom