For those carrying recruiting grudges... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For those carrying recruiting grudges...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The quote was from Kevin Ollie's mind, so he and I seem to be on the same page.

Well, you were also leading the charge to hire a recruiter and that the staff was too UConn centric so KO seemed to disagree with you there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ohh and Kasongo was suspended for his first game.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

And no, I don't dislike the kid, it's just apropos. He really got jerked around by his handlers.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
These recruiting "misses" always seem to work out for us. I wouldn't be shocked if four years from now we are all joking about how at one time we thought Diamond Stone was better than Steve Enoch and I'm ecstatic we got Shonn Miller instead of him.

For this year, I'm willing to bet Miller will be far more valuable overall than Stone. And as a bonus, we get 3-4 years of Enoch.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
speak for yourself. There was a crowd of posters who were complaining about not recruiting bruce brown, the same ones for years have been questioning the merits of the staff recruiting wise. Then there was a crowd, where i resided, that had a good amount of faith after KO landed 5 star prospect daniel hamilton out of the blue. I've always thought the staff was fine the way it was but many posters wanted to inject new blood for 'aau connections'. These same posters also seemed upset that KO had to be our 'closer' or lead recruiter essentially; little did they realize he was a gem on the trail.

How quickly people forget that JC was "the closer" on the staff too. I remember when the idea was "just get JC inside the home and it's done". Closing was one of JC's greatest skill recruiting wise.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie disagreed with you.

"I don't make excuses. I make adjustments. We went 20-15. That means I've got to recruit harder. I've got to get the best players. I've got to do something different. But I'm never going to make excuses [to] this fan base."

That was this past May.

And he was right - he (and his staff) needed to recruit harder. In last year's opener, we started Kentan Facey and Sam Cassell. The reserves who saw playing time were Phil Nolan, Rakim Lubin and Terrence Samuel. Facey can become a pretty good option off the bench, but the other three are marginal.

That's a pretty lousy roster.

But there's a big difference between recruiting harder or better and needing entirely new personnel to do so.

Reaction Score
Posters fighting after a win! Wow what's going to happen on this Board when we lose?

Reaction Score
Jessie Govan had 11 points (2-5 FG, 1-1 3 pt, 6-6 FT), 2 reb & 2 blocks in 15 minutes in Georgetown's loss.

Jared Reuter had 8 pts (4-7 fg) and 6 rebs in 10 minutes of Virginia's blow-out win.

Josh Sharma had 2 pts, 4 reb, 3 blocks in Stanford's tight win over Green Bay. He played 9 minutes.

Always nice to see local-ish guys do well, even if they're ones we missed out on/stopped recruiting.

Reaction Score
Will Jackson wasn't a UConn-level player; his de-commitment was mutual, and that wasn't a big loss.

On the other hand, Prince Ali was a big loss. The schadenfreude for UCLA is appreciated.

Reaction Score
Brimah played a total of 25 minutes in the 2014 FF, had 2 points, 5 boards and 3 blocks. Yes, he was dominant.

You could never win a national championship with a center like Brimah.

Reaction Score
Brimah played a total of 25 minutes in the 2014 FF, had 2 points, 5 boards and 3 blocks. Yes, he was dominant.

At this point, I think people have largely gotten used to your shtick so if you really want to troll you should change it up a bit.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

We won with a starting center worse than Brimah is now. Can your feeble little mind imagine that?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
reading some of these threads make me pull what little hair I have out
pissing matches are not needed
we all say something that a majority of others may not agree - even Fishy
JAY Bone - ass clown is not needed or worthy
take that garbage elsewhere

Reaction Score
Forgot to check yesterday, but College Basketball National Champion Leon Tolksdorf in his first game with American University wasn't much of a factor. He registered 1 rb and 2 fls on 0-1 shooting in 3 min of their shellacking by URI.

Reaction Score
These recruiting "misses" always seem to work out for us. I wouldn't be shocked if four years from now we are all joking about how at one time we thought Diamond Stone was better than Steve Enoch and I'm ecstatic we got Shonn Miller instead of him.

Recruiting is one thing, but how they are coached is another.

Reaction Score
I always immediately discredit any poster with a less than 1:1 post/like ratio, we should have a sub forum for the lesser posters.

I really could care less about likes or dislikes when I post. It won't change my life one way or another. I would like to have my posts liked, but it isn't the end of the world. I am very low in the like dept as I notice. WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom