For those carrying recruiting grudges... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

For those carrying recruiting grudges...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's a pretty big issue though, isn't it? I love everything Amida brings to the table and think he's a much better offensive player than most realize, but he's a reckless and hapless post defender. That German kid on Maine went 4-for-6 on post-ups against him the other night, while the one time he tried to post up against Enoch he was rejected.

I'm happy Amida's here, I think we can win a title with him, I think he's the country's best rim protector, and I think he has a nice future as a pro. I also think Husky91's a moron.

But Amida's still a brutally bad post defender. Bad instincts means he often gets beat to the spot; bad core strength means he's not able to push other guys away; bad footwork means even 6-foot-8 guys can get their shots off if they put a shoulder into his chest.

I'm sure it's something that they work on with him literally every day in practice. But I'm expecting Stone to draw at least 4 fouls on Amida, who will play less than 20 minutes vs. the Terps.
This sums up Brimah pretty well.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Prince Ali with another nothing performance tonight. UCLA is a fire.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'm one of those that doesn't think Brimah is an NBA caliber player, but Brimah is a fantastic college center, one of the best we have had. If Brimah doesn't score a single basket or bring in a single rebound, he will still have earned his time on the court. The presence he has in the paint and the intimidation he poses to the opposing player attacking the rim quite literally alters good shots into bad ones. Forcing inexperienced players to think twice about entering the paint is a huge bonus to our team's collective defense.

caw

Reaction Score
Prince Ali with another nothing performance tonight. UCLA is a fire.

Next to see the light and transfer where they should have come as a freshman? Purvis, Larrier...

No insight and somewhat kidding, but I still feel he would have been a nice fit with Adams and Gilbert as a future backcourt.

Of note: Dorsey has been playing well...the one SJB player Ollie missed on.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I am very low in the like dept as I notice. WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

To paraphrase KO, "Don't make excuses, make adjustments. You've got to post harder! You've got to come up with better ideas. Do something different."

Reaction Score
Seriously - you have said the same thing over and over. We get it - you don't like Brimah. If you can't add anything different, you are not needed here. Last warning.

Please don't drive Mrs. Boyle back to the football board. I beg you.

Reaction Score
Mau defending AB. That's evolution. Now let's see, Brimah was instrumental in helping us win a championship his freshman year. Was AAC defensive player of the year his sophomore season. And begins year 3 with 18, 7, 9. Boy he sucks. Let's not forget his"antics"

Somewhat unfair but I can handle it imno lol...hey the kid just played a nice game so I find it hard that anyone could crap on him. By the way I will defend him any time he deserves it and have never ever said anything about not liking the kid, he's a great kid. JSM has a couple points well intended he's just not very strategic in his delivery nor does he seem care if he makes friends, that's all. ;)

Reaction Score
Brimah is one of the most likable human beings to put on a UConn jersey. The post Husky91 replied to by dumping on him didn't even mention him, and yet he goes out of his way to turn this into an extended Brimah-bashing session.

This, and after reading that courant article last Friday, even prouder to have him as a fellow alum one day. I watch the games and follow the team for more than wins, and I love what I see of Amida the man beyond Amida the player. Sure Diamond Stone is gonna be great, but I see Brimah doing amazing things in his life for basketball in Africa, his intensity and excitement for the game is infectious, and maybe I like rooting for underdogs rather than silver-spoon A+ recruits

Reaction Score
I like the topic of this thread- mostly because we turned out to be it great shape and it's warms the cockles of my heart to see our guys do better then people that went elsewhere ( no hate on them ).

If this thread could stay on fleet for a while it will be fun to read- bring it back in fellas!

Reaction Score
Jeff Newberry off to a good start for OK State this year. Weird stats for a 6'2" guard, though... through the first two games he's averagin 13 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks.

Last edited:

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
"Southern held a 72-64 lead with 2:33 left in the game before Mississippi State went on an 8-2 run and cut the Jaguars' lead to 74-72 with 1:33 left in the game. Mississippi State freshman Malik Newman missed two free throws with 46 seconds left with the Bulldogs trailing 74-72."

Wasn't he suppose to be with Stone and always hyping himself.... I am sorry I am calling shenanigans on all these SEC schools getting these top 100 recruits. UNless the "100 dollar handshakes" is making a comeback. Howland was a washout at UCLA but now about to pull in top 6 class. Pearl was a Rat and then joined the dark side before getting out of purgatory and joining Auburn. Alabama at #9??????

Reaction Score
"Southern held a 72-64 lead with 2:33 left in the game before Mississippi State went on an 8-2 run and cut the Jaguars' lead to 74-72 with 1:33 left in the game. Mississippi State freshman Malik Newman missed two free throws with 46 seconds left with the Bulldogs trailing 74-72."

Wasn't he suppose to be with Stone and always hyping himself.... I am sorry I am calling shenanigans on all these SEC schools getting these top 100 recruits. UNless the "100 dollar handshakes" is making a comeback. Howland was a washout at UCLA but now about to pull in top 6 class. Pearl was a Rat and then joined the dark side before getting out of purgatory and joining Auburn. Alabama at #9??????
I had been thinking about this recently and I can completely see how some of these SEC schools could potentially close on high level recruits. If they can sell their program as an alternative to Kentucky's dominance in the conference (especially with Billy D out of UF now) and the lure of being able to maybe topple them on occasion, I could imagine how some young kids who are already from the south might want to go there. If you lead with SEC football, warm weather, coeds, big dreams of being the team to beat UK and more boosters with jobs for parents and such, you'll probably do alright on the recruiting trail.

caw

Reaction Score

I mean, he did say that about Stone but MSU is where his father played and more or less his hometown.

As for his bad game, he did have turf toe? some foot injury, from what I read.

Reaction Score
I am sorry I am calling shenanigans on all these SEC schools getting these top 100 recruits. UNless the "100 dollar handshakes" is making a comeback. Howland was a washout at UCLA but now about to pull in top 6 class...
Howland made a handful of Final 4s and put a ton of guys - legit stars - into the league.

Plus have you seen SEC co-eds? Only time I regret going to UConn is when I'm watching college gameday from like Tuscaloosa or Gainesville. It's incredible.

Reaction Score
Enoch does not see the floor and Adams struggles against UNH, I guess Fishy probably thinks these guys stink too.

The idiocy of this thread cannot be understated.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm still disappointed we didn't land Ike Diogu

Yeah! And you know what, Calhoun never really addressed the burning question of why we didn't recruit Ryan Gomes.

Reaction Score
Brimah played a total of 25 minutes in the 2014 FF, had 2 points, 5 boards and 3 blocks. Yes, he was dominant.
Thanks for your interest in Connecticut basketball

Reaction Score
Jerry1714 said:
Enoch does not see the floor and Adams struggles against UNH, I guess Fishy probably thinks these guys stink too. The idiocy of this thread cannot be understated.

Yawn

Reaction Score
Enoch does not see the floor and Adams struggles against UNH, I guess Fishy probably thinks these guys stink too.

The idiocy of this thread cannot be understated.

Yes, but it can be overstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky